Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone found how to cook in dx11?

I kind of like the skin shading.
    The only way I know to launch a game in dx11 mode is to make a desktop shortcut of the UDK exe and add to its properties -dx11.Not ideal.
    In frontend under Launch Options i can also add -dx11 but that will only act to play the game from frontend and not the final cooked packaged game.

Is there a special place in the inis to make the game stay in dx11? UnSetup.Manifest code?

If no,(which sucks) when a game is uploaded to steamworks and steam creates a desktop shortcut(haven't gotten there) is it possible to tell steam to add to the desktop shortcut -dx11 when it creates it so that the customer doesn't have to do it?

Going to bump just in case.Looking at the archived forum, people talk about changing in UDKEngine> [SystemSettings] AllowD3D11=true or bAllowD3D11=true but with no result.I also added that in DefaultSystemSettings and I noticed that in my udk 2013, this option is not even there so I added it but with no effect.

Did Epic really made dx11 only available just by making a desktop shortcut of the UDK.exe and adding to it -dx11 manually!?

The only thing that I managed to do and seems to be working is based on this visual studio tutorial.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgSq...ature=youtu.be

In min 00:51 i added -dx11 to the code ending it like this:
    Code:
     Shell(Application.StartupPath & "\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe -dx11")
    So a external exe start button that opens the UDK.exe with no desktop shortcuts or anything like that.
    Seems to work as the window says that the udk game is in dx11 mode.
    Should this be the only way to do it?
    Last edited by O_and_N; 07-27-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

That is unusual that there is now setting in the config to enable this.

I was about to suggest creating a wrapper .exe in visual studio, but i see you've already done this.

Couldn't you also just ship a shortcut in your win32 folder pointing to UDK.exe with the -dx11 command?

Also, steam allows you to add launch params when players launch the game from their client, so that would be another option.

Comment

Originally posted by Coldscooter View Post

Couldn't you also just ship a shortcut in your win32 folder pointing to UDK.exe with the -dx11 command?
        I was left with the impression that if you make a shortcut on one pc, it might not work well on to another, but since its going to be in the same folder it should work i guess?

Also, steam allows you to add launch params when players launch the game from their client, so that would be another option.
        Didn't knew that, thank you

Comment

Working...
        X