Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 1903 release has dropped the fps in my game by around 1/3!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit:didnt noticed that Predath0r posted before me

A small update.I just talked on discord with Predath0r(a really cool person by the way) and looks like nvidias new drivers or the latest windows update KB4505903 do fix this issue.As he tested the UE3 game TOXIKK with and without the patch but with newest drivers and now things look the way as they should.He is not sure if its the nvidia drivers or the windows update but one of the 2 fixed the thing.He also mentioned that with his patch 2 users with low end pcs experienced slightly better fps in the menu of the game 220 without patch and 230 with patch but with the patch they do have significantly more stable frame times with less micro-freezes so the problem is probably still not ironed out perfectly.

Good news is that by his observation the udk 64bit exe builds don't seem to be affected by the 1903 upgrade.

I have no idea if the amd gpus were affected by the 1903.

It would be really cool when Cold Scooter has the time, to tell us his observation of the situation first hand if the gpu drivers fixed the thing in his environment
    Last edited by O_and_N; 08-09-2019, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Have same issue on AMD Radeon rx570. Resolved by updating Windows 10 to 1910 Now fps constant hi and do not drop.

Comment

Originally posted by sunflowers12 View Post
        Have same issue on AMD Radeon rx570. Resolved by updating Windows 10 to 1910 Now fps constant hi and do not drop.
        Thank you for that info.Really helpful as i haven't been able to find someone with a amd gpu to confirm it.Glad its back to normal, really glad

Comment

Yes, me to I experienced something like that.
          Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
          external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
            Yes, me to I experienced something like that.
            Fixed after the win update or gpu drivers I hope,right?

Comment

Mmmh I still notice it a little I have 20 pawns and it's already a bit laggy. Who knows maybe Bill : ) lol just kidding.
              Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
              external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Working...
              X