Few questions about Matinee and cameras

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Few questions about Matinee and cameras

Hope you guys can help me a bit with these.

1. What's the easiest way to make a camera go down a different path, with some kind of signal or whatever? My current solution is to clone two camera paths, have them diverge at a certain point, and toggle them. It's kinda cumbersome and I have a hunch there might be an easier way.
    2. What's a nice way to make a camera go down a path and then loop a small part of the path forever? I know you can loop the whole thing easily, but I dunno about a small part.

One of easiest is the Camera Blend option. Add a series of strategically placed cameras to the scene and just blend between them. You can trigger each by adding an extra track to Matinee and exposing new pins...
    Last edited by ClavosTech; 06-05-2019, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClavosTech View Post
      One of easiest is the Camera Blend option. Add a series of strategically placed cameras to the scene and just blend between them. You can trigger each by adding an extra track to Matinee and exposing new pins...
      I had no idea such a thing existed, thank you.

Comment

If that's of any help, my way to switch between cameras is just by using a director track and adding a key frame whenever I want to switch between cameras.

This tutorial is very good for understanding how cinematics work in UE3:

https://api.unrealengine.com/udk/Thr...Sequences.html

Comment

Working...
        X