Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea with Scene Captures turn green after you change resolution/video settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll give that code a go tonight, thanks.

It could be the material, I'll post an image of it if I can't get this fixed.
    As far as I can tell the bug only occurs if I change resolution, if I alt+tab, the screen capture will still go green for a bit, but it recovers immediately, or as soon as the game is unpaused.

Comment

Oh, no, it was my fault all along guys. Sorry for the time wasted.

I wrote some code a few months ago which changes the render target depending on the resolution you selected, and was too lazy to create those objects (one for each resolution, basically) at the time, meaning an non-existent render texture is selected causing the green mess to appear.
      This is what you get when you work on a massive project all by yourself

Comment

oh. yeah I know unreal doesn't really fail at that so I suspected something fishy :P
        glad you sorted it out
        Follow me on Twitter!
        Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
          oh. yeah I know unreal doesn't really fail at that so I suspected something fishy :P
          glad you sorted it out
          Well... it still shows you an awful green mess until you unpause if you tab out while the game is paused, with no way to set a more sensible color that I can find since capture camera fill color does nothing, but that's bearable I guess.

Comment

if you spawn your rendertarget via code you should be able to swap the rendertarget clearcolor (default green) for any color you want. in the code I posted above you can see I used
            MakeLinearColor(0, 0, 0, 1) which is already making it black
            though I seem to remember this was also something you could set in the editor (in the rendertarget asset itself)
            Follow me on Twitter!
            Developer of Elium - Prison Escape

Comment

There's definitely no way to set it in the editor, even at the object creation stage, I'll try to use that code to get a black clear color, thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X