Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to blend between two different sounds in AudioComponent.uc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to blend between two different sounds in AudioComponent.uc?

Currently I blend between sounds by having multiple AudioComponents and fading one in while the other fades out.

Is there anyway to achieve this with single audio component?

I made a class that fades into the next song by calling AudioComponent.FadeOut(), changing AudioComponent.SoundCue, and then calling AudioComponent.FadeIn(). I'm 99% sure there's no way to just do a direct crossfade of playing both SoundCues at the same time using just one AudioComponent. You're already doing it the best way possible using just UScript. I think if you want a fancier solution, you'll have to use Wwise or something similar.
    Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

It's been a while since I've mucked around in dynamically controlling sound cues, but if you already know all of the sounds you'll want to use, you can load them all into the same SoundCue, and give that SoundCue some Continuous Modulator nodes. Then in UScript, control the Continuous Modulator nodes to blend in the desired sounds.
      Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Nice idea about simply controlling nodes in the soundcue. Thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Working...
        X