Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full STEAMWORKS Tutorials for UDK3 Engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some unknown reasons udk editor and udk game are not functioning properly even steam version. Do you think udk should be available on Epic Games launcher just like metro PC game series on Epic Games Store?

Comment

Originally posted by Gamerz31w View Post
      For some unknown reasons udk editor and udk game are not functioning properly even steam version.
      What's wrong with it?

Do you think udk should be available on Epic Games launcher just like metro PC game series on Epic Games Store?
      No. UDK has been discontinued. Epic no longer has a license to distribute UDK with its bundled middleware. Epic is not allowed to distribute UDK. And anyone starting a new project should start it in UE4.

And what does this have to do with your title of "Full STEAMWORKS Tutorials for UDK3 Engine"?
      Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

I know UDK was made by Epic Games themselves. Yesterday I was trying to run udk on PC steam and I couldn't do it there was some error that said something like udklift.exe file can't be found so I checked folder directory where I installed udk on steam and right there and there was only readme file. I just wanted to import jazz Jackrabbit iOS kismet tutorial demo from Unreal Engine 3 to unreal engine 4.

Comment

I know UDK was made by Epic Games themselves.
          Yes, but Epic did not make Simplygon, SpeedTree, or Bink. UDK bundles all of those, and Epic no longer has a license for distributing them, therefore Epic can no longer distribute UDK.

I just wanted to import jazz Jackrabbit iOS kismet tutorial demo from Unreal Engine 3 to unreal engine 4.
          I don't think you can do that. Do you just want the assets from the game?
          Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Well it could be just freeware/open source experiment. I'm not planning to distribute it.So who owns UDK besides Epic Games Fortnite investor Tencent nowadays? Anyway I want to stay out of any troubles such as lawsuits(dmca violations) and money penalties. I guess being also permamently banned in this forum.

Comment

I think you misunderstood me. Epic is not allowed to distribute UDK. Epic is not allowed to make UDK available for download through the Epic Games Store. If you already have UDK, you are allowed to make a game with it and distribute it however you want. You're not going to get in trouble for making a game with UDK. No one is going to kick you off the forums. You can distribute the game for free. But if you want to charge money for the game, you just need to contact Epic and get a commercial license.

Comment

Okay I get it. So what am I suppose to do right now?

Comment

Look up a tutorial for making an iOS game in UE4? Look up a Blueprints tutorial for UE4?

Comment

Oh okay. What do you mean? Making fangame from scratch? Like new beginning,new start like entire process of character modelling,baking textures,rigging model,making new animations and making new maps,right?
                    Last edited by Gamerz31w; 11-09-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Dude, it's entirely up to you. You decide what you want to do. You wanted to build Jazz Jackrabbit for iOS in UDK. And now you want to try UE4. So do whatever you want to do in UE4.

Comment

Yeah sure thing. But how many methods are to import udk jjios kismet tutorial maps,textures,characters models and animations from ue3 to ue4? Anyway I explained this udk problems here in that thread.
                        https://forums.unrealengine.com/lega...eam-can-t-load
                        Last edited by Gamerz31w; 11-09-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X