Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to paint realistic DIrt on landscape?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'll make a tutorial about it in worldMachine which is great, ima buy it lol.
    Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
    external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Yes, you can use World Machine to make a dirt layer. But you don't need it. You can use Photoshop, or anything else that can produce 16-bit black and white images, to create a dirt layer. But first you need to create a landscape material and the landscape material has to have a dirt layer. Do you have a landscape material with a dirt layer?

Do you understand what I am asking when I ask if you have made a landscape material? Do you know what a landscape material is? Because I've asked at least four times and you haven't said "Oh, OK, I made a landscape material and it worked and I drew the dirt where I wanted dirt."
      Last edited by Nathaniel3W; 05-16-2020, 03:43 PM.
      Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

It looks like your height map was made inside UDK. I think it would be easier for you to draw the dirt layer inside UDK too. World Machine is useful for creating an erosion map that you export as .raw, and then import into UDK as the landscape material dirt layer. My advice is if you create the landscape inside UDK, then draw the dirt from inside UDK too. I think if you already have a landscape, then trying to create the dirt layer in World Machine is just going to add lots of unnecessary difficulty and complexity.
        Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Oh yes I have a material sorry, I'm a bit in another world all the time, mmmh, OK So you gave me an excellent idea make dirt inside Photoshop O: noise should be enough : D. thanks. WorldMachine can be good for multiple stuff actually.... erosion is cool.
          Some cool unreal projects you may like!

Developer of GOTA - Survivalism Gladiatorial game Buy the game google gladiators of the arena steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/7..._Of_The_Arena/

Download the demo Download the demo
          external link Dropbox DropBox

Become a c++ Professional now C++ Networking Tutorial

Comment

Working...
          X