Sound Cue enveloper node not working during game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound Cue enveloper node not working during game

I use the enveloper node to fade SoundNode Waves in and out. The enveloper works correctly in the Sound Cue editor, but in-game the sounds play at full volume the whole time. Has anyone else had this issue? How do you fix it?
    Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

To fade the sound, I think you have to use the attenuation node.(for the player distance from the sound).Or did I understood the question wrong?

Comment

Yeah, I use the attenuation node to fade the sound automatically based on distance. I use the enveloper node to fade the sound manually. For example, I have a sound effect for the Ice Storm magic spell in my game. It consists of an initial burst sound, followed by a blowing wind that fades out toward the end. To make that wind noise, I use my looping wind sound wave, but instead of looping it, I use the enveloper to make it fade out. It sounds correct in the sound cue editor, but in-game the wind sound effect just stays loud and then cuts out.
      Check out Himeko Sutori, the upcoming tactical RPG where you control armies of over 100 unique characters.

Comment

Working...
      X