Mixed Reality Status update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mebalzer View Post
    Here is a list of error codes I received.

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error Expected SteamVRChaperoneComponent.h to be first header included. UE4 D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRChaperoneComponent.cpp 1
    Error Expected SteamVRFunctionLibrary.h to be first header included. UE4 D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRFunctionLibrary.cpp 1
    Error Expected SteamVRHMD.h to be first header included. UE4 D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.cpp 1
    Error Expected SteamVRSplash.h to be first header included. UE4 D:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRSplash.cpp 1
    Error (active) identifier "FLayerDesc" is undefined UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 139
    Error (active) identifier "FLayerDesc" is undefined UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 141
    Error (active) identifier "FLayerDesc" is undefined UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 142
    Error (active) incomplete type is not allowed UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 34
    Error (active) incomplete type is not allowed UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 420
    Error (active) member function declared with 'override' does not override a base class member UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 139
    Error (active) member function declared with 'override' does not override a base class member UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 140
    Error (active) member function declared with 'override' does not override a base class member UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 141
    Error (active) member function declared with 'override' does not override a base class member UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 142
    Error (active) member function declared with 'override' does not override a base class member UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 143
    Error (active) member function declared with 'override' does not override a base class member UE4 d:\GitHub\UnrealEngine-MixedReality\UnrealEngine\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVR\Private\SteamVRHMD.h 144
    Error MSB3073 The command "..\..\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat UE4Editor Win64 Development -waitmutex" exited with code -1. UE4 C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 46

This was done is Visual Studio 2015 and as mentioned, swapping the original folder back in, builds properly and yes in those .cpp files the headers are in the proper order.
    You need to copy everything for your own like i descriped here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post699840
    Use a clean engine code build.

Comment

Thanks, but the instructions are erratic from those in the GitHub code and what you are asking me to do. I have worked with a clean build as well, on several attempts now. I will try again with your instructions, and hope for the best. One more question, what version of Visual Studio are you using to build this version?

Comment

Thanks, but the instructions are erratic from those in the GitHub code and what you are asking me to do. I have worked with a clean build as well, on several attempts now. I will try again with your instructions, and hope for the best. One more question, what version of Visual Studio are you using to build this version?
        Im using Visual Studio Community 2015.

I wish you success.

Comment

Sadly MMS_Tester, even with your instructions it will not compile correctly. It is frustrating that you don't find this out until the you get to the section for plug-ins, which is about 45 minutes in, but I still get the same error, which is the includes are not in the right order:

#include "SteamVRPrivatePCH.h"
          #include "Classes/SteamVRFunctionLibrary.h"
          #include "SteamVRHMD.h"

I am using the latest GitHub build for 4.15.1 downloaded through the GitHub desktop app for Windows, replaced the four files you specified:

SteamVRFunctionLibrary.cpp
          SteamVRFunctionLibrary.h
          SteamVRHMD.h
          SteamVRRender.cpp

I then ran the Setup.bat (Admin Rights), GenerateProjectFiles.bat (Admin Rights) and finally double clicked on UE4.sln which launched Visual Studio 2015, where I selected Build UE4. This is how I have compiled several UE4 builds over the past couple of years.

As mentioned, if you compiled this with the latest 4.15.1, then your binaries and SteamVR.uplugin should work without having to compile on my own. At least this is how I have been able to add plug-ins in the past.

Comment

Adding back the original four source code files resulted in a successful build.

4> Total build time: 1707.54 seconds (Local executor: 1604.99 seconds)
            ========== Rebuild All: 4 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Comment

Has anyone been able to get this running in 90 FPS? I was able to get everything running in 4.15.1, but the frame rate drops to 45 FPS, I think because of the SceneCapture component. I currently have a GTX 980 Ti, so I might try with a better GPU if anyone's seeing 90 FPS. Or if anyone has suggestions for performance improvements using this, that's also appreciated!

Comment

Sadly MMS_Tester, even with your instructions it will not compile correctly. It is frustrating that you don't find this out until the you get to the section for plug-ins, which is about 45 minutes in, but I still get the same error, which is the includes are not in the right order:

#include "SteamVRPrivatePCH.h"
                #include "Classes/SteamVRFunctionLibrary.h"
                #include "SteamVRHMD.h"
                Did you click "Rebuild" for compiling and are you sure that you copy all "// MIXED-REALITY" marked codelines? Some files have more than one modification.
                Also try to put:
                Code:
                #include "Engine/TextureRenderTarget2D.h"
                into the SteamVRRender.cpp file after your includes, and if that does not help, set the includes "in the right order".

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by emretanirgan View Post
                  Has anyone been able to get this running in 90 FPS? I was able to get everything running in 4.15.1, but the frame rate drops to 45 FPS, I think because of the SceneCapture component. I currently have a GTX 980 Ti, so I might try with a better GPU if anyone's seeing 90 FPS. Or if anyone has suggestions for performance improvements using this, that's also appreciated!
                  Without running OBS this works fine for me, except my problem here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post699851
                  I think that also dependent from your project. To avoid the OBS performance drop, use a hdmi-capture-card.

Comment

Originally posted by MMS_Tester View Post
                    Without running OBS this works fine for me, except my problem here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...l=1#post699851
                    I think that also dependent from your project. To avoid the OBS performance drop, use a hdmi-capture-card.
                    What are your PC specs? I'm not even running OBS, and just running the basic mixed reality project that's on the Github repo. Are you just doing VR Preview in the Editor, or running a packaged build in VR? Thanks for the help by the way! Will definitely share some results if I can get everything running smoothly.

Comment

Originally posted by emretanirgan View Post
                      What are your PC specs? I'm not even running OBS, and just running the basic mixed reality project that's on the Github repo. Are you just doing VR Preview in the Editor, or running a packaged build in VR? Thanks for the help by the way! Will definitely share some results if I can get everything running smoothly.
                      Using Win7 with an GTX 1070 and i7-6700 processor. So nothing high end. Its running in editor.

No problem.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by MMS_Tester View Post
                        Do anyone have a idea why i got everything running in the sample project, but after i put everything in my project, the two rendered MR views are both the same?
                        I mean normaly one view (upper left) is green with the "Render CustomDepth Pass = true" marked objects included, but for me i see two times the same view with all actors (normaly only bottom right).
                        If someone have the same problem, i solved it now: After i set the Texture Target for the SceneCaptureComponent2D component to RT_VRCapture2 (for the CaptureComponent2D still RT_VRCapture) and the Capture Source to Final Color (for the CaptureComponent2D too) it works for me now.
                        Also set the Post Process Material to ForwardPost (like in the Sample).
                        A different setup than the Sample, but hey, now it works greatly.

Comment

Is there any news about 4.16 Mixed reality option? I want to record myself on DSLR camera and attach ViveTracker for VirtualCamera and record me from both Real Life Action and VR action then do merge these realities together. Is it possible yet? In Trello there is already option which should be completed by this time already.

Comment

Does anyone know a good way to calibrate the camera offset? Also where do I plug those in? Into the BP_VRCapture2D or it's MotionController child?

Comment

Hey guys. Unfortunately I have to stop working on my Mixed Reality solution ;(
                              However for those still tinkering with the stuff posted in here, you may look at this plugin : https://github.com/chaosgrid/ExtraCamWindow
                              It allows to render a camera to a second game window (works in 4.15). If you could combine this with the source for the SteamVR-Plugin mod as well as my shader you could create s pretty sick plugin solution that just works out of the box

Comment

This is what is scary, when you starting to develop project hoping everything going to be okay and after that no support, I hope Epic will implement Mixed Reality soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X