No announcement yet.

Mixed Reality Status update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I ve seen a few mixed reality videos using the Xbox Kinect and the vive, I would like to try this but have t a clue where to start, does any know how to do this or has anyone done it and wouldnt mind sharing how it was set up thanks

Comment

+1 for this!
      Never Give Up

Comment

I am also waiting for this!

Comment

Chiming in, this would be a really useful feature for showing off VR titles.

Comment

Was upset not to see it in 4.15 p1. Hopefully, it's not too long down the road. Any more words on working pull requests?
            Honeypot Espionage Development Update

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fINhpjiDW4 I was able to get Mixed Reality working in unreal engine, if theres enough demand I'll make a tutorial. I don't think it'll be long from epic, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMel View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fINhpjiDW4 I was able to get Mixed Reality working in unreal engine, if theres enough demand I'll make a tutorial. I don't think it'll be long from epic, though.
                Yes! I dont know why you wouldnt make a tutorial when so many peoples are waiting for this feature.

Comment

Awesome. It looks really good especially the depth split layers you show. A tutorial would bring you much kudos I predict! :-)

Comment

Please, please, we need THE tutorial, where is the tutorial?

Comment

Originally posted by 66unreal99 View Post
                      Please, please, we need THE tutorial, where is the tutorial?
                      +1 this !

/10chars
                      VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

There are a few released applications now with support for mixed reality with unreal. Mostly using different techniques. Some are in engine compositing, some are external and using OBS. The setup we (Chroma Coda, with The Music Room) used at CES and NAMM is using OBS to composite. I've got a system for loading standard unity style camera config files too. Biggest issue I haven't worked out how to fix is getting the clear colour on the near and far clip to be green instead of black! The team from Grab Games have solved this though and their system is pretty snazzy. Our system at the moment also doesn't allow for the camera view to be behind any foreground partial transparency, but that's fine for us.

Comment

I think all we want Unreal was able to do mixed reality like Unity “out of the box”; I don’t know how to do the decomposition of the render in layers (background, foreground….), if I need a special branch of UE or a plugin and how to create the virtual camera that mimics the real moving camera; this is the reason we need some advice or a more deep tutorial. I don’t want to switch to Unity only for doing mixed reality, and Unreal has de power to do virtual sets; please Epic, include it in next release, and if someone can explain all the process (with a project if possible) it would be super useful. Lot of thanks to all the community!

Comment

I'll try to work on it in a week or so, I'm a little bit caught up in other stuff right now.

Comment

Thanks DeeMel, I'll be waiting patiently ...

Comment

Here you go guys: https://github.com/richmondx/UE4-MixedReality
                                I have it working (and i'm a n00b). You have to compile UE from the github source using those files. Then using OBS to to composite the webcam footage and the in game footages.
                                I need help changing one of the 4 views. Right now it shows the greenscreened stuff, the background and 2 blank screens. I would like to display the HMD in one them.
                                Again I got it work, and I'm hacking together blueprints and learning on the fly.

Comment

Working...
                                X