VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you all for your precious help already!
    Now that I got the animations working with physical grasping hands on Quest, next I'm trying to find out how can I change the hand models all together for the physical grasping hands from default matinee hands to something more human?

Is there any tutorial available or does anyone have any instructions about how to do it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Plenty10 View Post

Hey, thanks for your response, I tried turning on the seated mode, but my character just falls trough everything (when seated mode is off it does not). Thank you for your help!

PS: Also I encountered a different problem, I am using VR interactive assembling (if it is out of your support range I will try to figure out myself ), I converted the interactive objects that the parents would be GrippableStaticMeshes but when I try to pick it up the hand grips it correctly, but it fixes onto the object and I cannot move neither the object nor the hand.

Is there a way to attach objects to a socket so it would appear on the hand with pre-programmed transform?
    1. You have to provide a valid seat attachment parent for it to attach too. Its not actually seated if it is "falling", SetSeatedMode literally attaches the character to a given parent component. But you can just use normal attachment as well.

2. As to their framework, no idea what its doing, can't provide you with an answer there.

3. https://vreue4.com/basic-gripping#adding-in-slot-grips you can actually do really advanced snap transforms as well but that is the basic form

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You may want to specifically attach the character to the train in this case, character movement components "catch up" to moving objects they are standing on and due to things not ticking at the same time the hands would be brought out of overlap with the button. While in the cabin going high speeds you look like you are mostly stationary, so if you treat it like the SeatedMode of the example car you should move "with" the train and not be brought out of overlap.

Another solution would be to handle the overlaps with a delay before de-interacting, or to use a physically simulating button instead which would be brought back in line before the physics thread is ran.
    Hey, thanks for your response, I tried turning on the seated mode, but my character just falls trough everything (when seated mode is off it does not). Thank you for your help!

PS: Also I encountered a different problem, I am using VR interactive assembling (if it is out of your support range I will try to figure out myself ), I converted the interactive objects that the parents would be GrippableStaticMeshes but when I try to pick it up the hand grips it correctly, but it fixes onto the object and I cannot move neither the object nor the hand.

Is there a way to attach objects to a socket so it would appear on the hand with pre-programmed transform?
    Last edited by Plenty10; 11-25-2020, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eanir View Post

Add a boolean variable 'IsOpen' to the GraspingHand blueprint (VRExpansion/Vive/Testing/GraspingHand) and to the GraspAnimBP as well. Open the GraspAnimBP, on the left hand panel open the EventGraph and add the following:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-24 230820.png Views:	0 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	1835855

On the left hand panel open the AnimGraph and set it up this way:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-24 231121.png Views:	0 Size:	157.5 KB ID:	1835856

Then open your pawn blueprint or the Vive_Pawn Character, if you are using the default pawn. Find the InputAction PrimaryGripLeft and Right events(yellow box) and change it tho this:

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-24 231823.png Views:	0 Size:	270.4 KB ID:	1835858

Basically, These input actions get called when you press trigger. You set the IsOpen variable to true or false in the GraspingHand bp, make sure you get checkboxes right. The animation blueprint reads this value on every update(first screenshot) and the AnimGraph will play your open or fist animations, depending on the value of that bool. Let us know if it works or not

There are probably better solutions, but hey it works.
    Thank you very much Eanir! I really appreciate your help!

This worked perfectly!
    Last edited by Si1weri; 11-25-2020, 04:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Si1weri View Post

Thank you very much for this.
    I'm embarrassed to ask more help, but I'm coming from Unity and I have tried to get this to work. I can't understand where and how I should set it up.
    If it's not too much to ask, could you please help me to set it up?
    Add a boolean variable 'IsOpen' to the GraspingHand blueprint (VRExpansion/Vive/Testing/GraspingHand) and to the GraspAnimBP as well. Open the GraspAnimBP, on the left hand panel open the EventGraph and add the following:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-24 230820.png Views:	0 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	1835855

On the left hand panel open the AnimGraph and set it up this way:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-24 231121.png Views:	0 Size:	157.5 KB ID:	1835856

Then open your pawn blueprint or the Vive_Pawn Character, if you are using the default pawn. Find the InputAction PrimaryGripLeft and Right events(yellow box) and change it tho this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-24 231823.png Views:	0 Size:	270.4 KB ID:	1835858

Basically, These input actions get called when you press trigger. You set the IsOpen variable to true or false in the GraspingHand bp, make sure you get checkboxes right. The animation blueprint reads this value on every update(first screenshot) and the AnimGraph will play your open or fist animations, depending on the value of that bool. Let us know if it works or not

There are probably better solutions, but hey it works.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eanir; 11-24-2020, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Yes, and in the animation blueprint, same setup as epics template hands, just run an animation forwards / backward when the button is pressed / released.
    Thank you very much for this.
    I'm embarrassed to ask more help, but I'm coming from Unity and I have tried to get this to work. I can't understand where and how I should set it up.
    If it's not too much to ask, could you please help me to set it up?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thank you for reply Mordentral.
    I would be very pleased if I just could make the physical grasping hands to grab(form fist) when trying to grab when not near any grabbable object.. Is it just matter of playing animation? And where would I need to set it up?
    Yes, and in the animation blueprint, same setup as epics template hands, just run an animation forwards / backward when the button is pressed / released.

Leave a comment:

• replied

You mean the curl setup? You have to either approximate curls or blend between hand poses, if you are running through steamVR with link than they get some curl data from steamvr I believe, however oculus doesn't provide the equivalent. You can run any animation on the hand that you want, I leave that up to you, the grasping hands are demo's of the auto curl and the welded body driver.

If you just mean the hand playing the fist animation on button press like the epic template than that is just playing a hand animation on a state change.
    Thank you for reply Mordentral.
    I would be very pleased if I just could make the physical grasping hands to grab(form fist) when trying to grab when not near any grabbable object.. Is it just matter of playing animation? And where would I need to set it up?
    Last edited by Si1weri; 11-24-2020, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Thank you Mordentral. I did find the issue. Seems that the console command vr.pixeldensity 1 was set up in the template at the start on blueprint Steam_VR_Player_Controller. After taking it off from there, the .ini set up for the vr.pixeldensity works fine.

I have some more questions, if you may.
    How could I enable the hands to grab even, if there's nothing near the hands? Now when I build the template for Oculus Quest, the hands do nothing while using the grip or trigger, when there's nothing to be gripped near the hands. When I click play in vr on editor, the physical grasping hands work perfectly with the oculus quest hooked up with virtual desktop, but no gestures and animations after building on Quest.
    You mean the curl setup? You have to either approximate curls or blend between hand poses, if you are running through steamVR with link than they get some curl data from steamvr I believe, however oculus doesn't provide the equivalent. You can run any animation on the hand that you want, I leave that up to you, the grasping hands are demo's of the auto curl and the welded body driver.

If you just mean the hand playing the fist animation on button press like the epic template than that is just playing a hand animation on a state change.

Leave a comment:

• replied

The console command to execute it should be working, that is all that the slider is doing.

Thank you Mordentral. I did find the issue. Seems that the console command vr.pixeldensity 1 was set up in the template at the start on blueprint Steam_VR_Player_Controller. After taking it off from there, the .ini set up for the vr.pixeldensity works fine.

I have some more questions, if you may.
    How could I enable the hands to grab even, if there's nothing near the hands? Now when I build the template for Oculus Quest, the hands do nothing while using the grip or trigger, when there's nothing to be gripped near the hands. When I click play in vr on editor, the physical grasping hands work perfectly with the oculus quest hooked up with virtual desktop, but no gestures and animations after building on Quest.

Last edited by Si1weri; 11-24-2020, 05:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi all,
    sorry to post again, ref weapon holsters.

I am having a nightmare getting anywhere with it.
    I either get issues with scale changing dramatically, the weapon preventing character movement or a complete failure in the nodes during compilation.

Does anyone have a screenshot of a working setup that I can look through please. Or is anyone able to breakdown the drop and socket functionality.

Thank you and stay safe.

Phill

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Plenty10 View Post
    Hey, I encountered a problem and would appreciate any help. I added some buttons to a vr train and sometimes the buttons do not work (I have a hunch that is due to speed). I attached a video of this happening. Whenever train is moving faster than a certain speed the button stops working. In the video example the train brakes are engaged so it is gradually stopping and after few seconds the button starts to work. Is there a way to fix this problem? Maybe it is a problem from my side? Thanks!

Video: https://youtu.be/dQGpGa0k97o
    You may want to specifically attach the character to the train in this case, character movement components "catch up" to moving objects they are standing on and due to things not ticking at the same time the hands would be brought out of overlap with the button. While in the cabin going high speeds you look like you are mostly stationary, so if you treat it like the SeatedMode of the example car you should move "with" the train and not be brought out of overlap.

Another solution would be to handle the overlaps with a delay before de-interacting, or to use a physically simulating button instead which would be brought back in line before the physics thread is ran.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, I encountered a problem and would appreciate any help. I added some buttons to a vr train and sometimes the buttons do not work (I have a hunch that is due to speed). I attached a video of this happening. Whenever train is moving faster than a certain speed the button stops working. In the video example the train brakes are engaged so it is gradually stopping and after few seconds the button starts to work. Is there a way to fix this problem? Maybe it is a problem from my side? Thanks!

Video: https://youtu.be/dQGpGa0k97o

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for help, i will try to do, i am noob with unreal engine, but high experienced unity user

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by arcan studios View Post
    hi, i just starting with the vr plugin, look amazing, but i cant do snap turn, i watched video tutorial and snap turn appars like a feature already done, i have oculus rift s, unreal engine 4,25 and tried whith the example project. thanks
    Bind "PerformMoveAction_SnapTurn" to an input. https://vreue4.com/GeneratedDocs/VRE..._SnapTurn.html

The 4.26 template is getting a lot of that side of things re-done and has it by default already bound.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X