VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    I'll add a "GripControllerIsTracked()" blueprint function in to access the overwrite variable I am using instead as I also cannot override the original UFunction::IsTracked().
    works like a charms, ty so much!

just another little minor unuseful issue : any way to get rid of these warnings?

UnrealBuildTool: Warning: Plugin 'OpenVRExpansionPlugin' does not list plugin 'SteamVR' as a dependency, but module 'OpenVRExpansionPlugin' depends on 'SteamVRController'.
    (same problem for advanced session)

I think plugins are supposed to add explicit dependencies in 4.17...

Comment

Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
      works like a charms, ty so much!

just another little minor unuseful issue : any way to get rid of these warnings?

UnrealBuildTool: Warning: Plugin 'OpenVRExpansionPlugin' does not list plugin 'SteamVR' as a dependency, but module 'OpenVRExpansionPlugin' depends on 'SteamVRController'.
      (same problem for advanced session)

I think plugins are supposed to add explicit dependencies in 4.17...
      Are you trying to use the 4.16 branch in 4.17?

Because I did that day 1 in the 4.17 migration.
      Code:
      	"Plugins": [
      		{
      			"Name": "VRExpansionPlugin",
      			"Enabled": true
      		},
      		{
      			"Name": "SteamVR",
      		},
      		{
      			"Name": "ProceduralMeshComponent",
      		}
      	]
      If you are using 4.16 for 4.17 I don't think the project should even compile though, I had to change multiple things.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by FatMoth View Post
        Just rebuild the guns using the example gun in the plugin, and write the logic from the toolkit in there. Just need to do it once because all other guns are just child actors you can change settings on like in the toolkit.
        Oh yeah i forgot there's an example gun in there. Thanks man, that actually shouldn't take long at all...

Weapon Master and VRE Merge TUT

Life Art Studios | Discord | End of Days - VR Zombie Survival

Comment

wouldn't it just be easier to modify the vr pawn to be able to pick up the already made guns?

Comment

[MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] - This might be due to having an old version or something, but when I play in VR, I get what I think are supposed to be the basestation bounds and something to do with the controllers, but they only appear in one eye or in different places for each eye (black box and squished black sphere). Sorry for the rubbish screenshot:

I meant to mention it earlier but have been doing testing mostly on monitor.
            Last edited by n00854180t; 08-04-2017, 02:22 AM.
            Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
              [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] - This might be due to having an old version or something, but when I play in VR, I get what I think are supposed to be the basestation bounds and something to do with the controllers, but they only appear in one eye or in different places for each eye (black box and squished black sphere). Sorry for the rubbish screenshot:

I meant to mention it earlier but have been doing testing mostly on monitor.
              Yeaaaaa.......

Welcome to the broken DebugDraw issue, I reported it back in 4.16 preview but it still exists in 4.17 p3.

You have to hide anything that is rendering as a debug draw (generally you only have debug draw visible for debugging anyway). You are seeing the gun example box and the controllers overlap spheres duplicated.

I had it accepted as a bug way back in preview 2 of 4.16 but it continues to be unresolved, its pretty strange that they are taking this long / putting this low of priority on it considering that in VR editor it could be a problem and 4.13 had the same issue in a preview release and it was fixed before final release.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...eview-1-2.html

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

i noticed this too when I allowed my collision spheres to be visible for testing.

Comment

I'll just disable them, thanks, sucks it's not fixed!

Other than that your advice about Secondary OnUse worked great, thanks man, VR backpack is working awesome (think Ultima Online but a 3D backpack instead).

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

I'll just disable them, thanks, sucks it's not fixed!

Other than that your advice about Secondary OnUse worked great, thanks man, VR backpack is working awesome (think Ultima Online but a 3D backpack instead).
                    Its funny how much overlap there is with the plugin, two others are working on inventory / backpacks in the discord currently as well. Pretty cool to see the different approaches though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm gonna try and make a version that just uses Epic's VR template and put it on the Marketplace, I think it's a really good inventory system for VR.

Comment

I'm gonna try and make a version that just uses Epic's VR template and put it on the Marketplace, I think it's a really good inventory system for VR.
                        which i desperately need

Comment

The Wiki does not give examples on "plugging" this into an existing project (which was created using the built-in VR template).
                          How would I do so?

Comment

Originally posted by jinngonqui View Post
                            The Wiki does not give examples on "plugging" this into an existing project (which was created using the built-in VR template).
                            How would I do so?
                            Likely by referencing the example templates implementation, that is its actual use.

"Plugging it in" has many different meanings for the plugin, there are a ton of different features that could be used or not. The basic is just making the main character based off of a VRCharacter, or if only wanting the grip setups to change the motion controllers to GripMotionControllers.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just merged the 4.17 beta branches into the repositories and uploaded the 4.17 pre-packaged binaries.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Excellent work as always Thank you mordentral!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X