VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jawatr View Post
    I ended up adding the Tick-prerequisite, it was cleaner in my setup and worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

BTW, where is the TickGrip event? I looked for it in the grip motion controller component but I could not find it.
    Tickgrip event is in the object itself that has the interface implemented. That way people can do the exact same logic they used with epics grip but using this plugin.

Also were you doing something weird like attching the bow manually or something?the grip function should be adding that tick preres automatically.

*Edit* Actually are you gripping the bow as a component and moving it in the actors tick? That would explain it actually as I only set the tick pre-res for the gripped object.
    Last edited by mordentral; 07-22-2017, 06:24 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      Tickgrip event is in the object itself that has the interface implemented. That way people can do the exact same logic they used with epics grip but using this plugin.

Also were you doing something weird like attching the bow manually or something?the grip function should be adding that tick preres automatically.

*Edit* Actually are you gripping the bow as a component and moving it in the actors tick? That would explain it actually as I only set the tick pre-res for the gripped object.
      Oh Ok, I just found it thanks! I will try to change the current approach and change it to a custom grip, it's a much cleaner solution.

The bow is a static mesh actor, and I grip it with the grip motion controller component in my pawn using the "Grip Actor" Function. Then in the tick event of the bow actor, I change the world location of the static mesh root component. The reason is that I want to align the bow with both hands while maintaining an upright position. I'm pretty sure there's a better way to do it though

Comment

[MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] - Is there something I can do (a function or setting) to keep the grip settings "stiff" after I scale down, then up, a gripped actor? Right now the grip becomes loose on the physics constraint after scaling down then back up.
        Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
          [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] - Is there something I can do (a function or setting) to keep the grip settings "stiff" after I scale down, then up, a gripped actor? Right now the grip becomes loose on the physics constraint after scaling down then back up.
          How are you scaling it? Though the addition transform or something else? It sounds like you are some how moving the center of mass. I need to know the steps you are taking so I can see whats going on.

\*Edit* also what version / date are you on? I had to fix a bug with the new COM on grip setting and scaled objects.
          Last edited by mordentral; 07-22-2017, 10:05 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

How are you scaling it? Though the addition transform or something else? It sounds like you are some how moving the center of mass. I need to know the steps you are taking so I can see whats going on.

\*Edit* also what version / date are you on? I had to fix a bug with the new COM on grip setting and scaled objects.
            Version is the 4.17, whatever was latest as of yesterday.

I was just scaling it using the regular scaling node (Set Actor Scale 3D on the gripped actor) - should I use the additional transform thing instead?

Edit: Weirdly I changed it to re-enable collision after a 0.2s delay instead of immediately after leaving the trigger and it seems to keep the grip settings.
            Last edited by n00854180t; 07-22-2017, 10:57 PM.

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Version is the 4.17, whatever was latest as of yesterday.

I was just scaling it using the regular scaling node (Set Actor Scale 3D on the gripped actor) - should I use the additional transform thing instead?

Edit: Weirdly I changed it to re-enable collision after a 0.2s delay instead of immediately after leaving the trigger and it seems to keep the grip settings.
              If you were using the template version that would make sense, I forgot to sync 4.17 to master on friday.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Snip
                Hey, so there is definitely something off in 4.17 regarding physics bodies. The scaling grip is also running into some weird behaviors that feel like thread sync issues when its a physics grip.

It may be that their changes to the Async collision setup in UBodySetup is causing these problems, as the exact same code in 4.16 has no such problem. Having to delay to re-grip correctly would actually make some sense if the new physics task batching was getting in the way (hasn't been processed yet).

I'll check out the new console command they added and see what it changes.

*Edit* Yeah....so confirmed, the new console command p.BatchPhysXTasks is interfering. Since it is delaying physics tasks until later its not actually resizing the mesh until after you are re-gripping, thats why if you delay the grip it works as expected. Even setting the console command to 1 or 0 (defaults to 1 then) it still behaves worse than in 4.16 as well.....
                Last edited by mordentral; 07-24-2017, 12:32 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Good to know I'm not crazy. For now the delay is working fine at handling the problem, and the grip stays stiff as expected.

I've been having a different problem which is when I have any reference to my backpack blueprint (a grippablestaticmesh) in other blueprints like the player, or vice versa, it causes a crash before the scene loads.

Comment

Good to know I'm not crazy. For now the delay is working fine at handling the problem, and the grip stays stiff as expected.

I've been having a different problem which is when I have any reference to my backpack blueprint (a grippablestaticmesh) in other blueprints like the player, or vice versa, it causes a crash before the scene loads.
                    Whats the crash log? You sure you aren't referencing it before it has been set?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Whats the crash log? You sure you aren't referencing it before it has been set?
                      It crashes before a crash log can be made, and it happens if there's any reference to the backpack BP (so even if it's just a get all actors of class, or even a child component).

Comment

Is there a way to entirely disable the feature that stops you from putting your head through a wall which causes the entire environment to move away from you?

Also is there maybe a way to make the screen go black instead of moving the whole environment? I feel like the whole area moving might cause some motion sickness in other people.

Thanks!

Comment

It crashes before a crash log can be made, and it happens if there's any reference to the backpack BP (so even if it's just a get all actors of class, or even a child component).
                          Do you have any code in the construction script for it? I have references to grippables all over the place.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by dixonian89 View Post
                            Is there a way to entirely disable the feature that stops you from putting your head through a wall which causes the entire environment to move away from you?

Also is there maybe a way to make the screen go black instead of moving the whole environment? I feel like the whole area moving might cause some motion sickness in other people.

Thanks!
                            bUseWalkingCollisionOverride lets you control it to only happen when moving with artificial movement. Also it is controlled by the pawn channel so you could just set pawn channel to default overlap and it would never happen period.

As for making the screen go black, yeah you can do that on impact, i'm also adding a boolean next update that you can check for "is currently impacting" as wall or object and do whatever you want with the screen.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Do you have any code in the construction script for it? I have references to grippables all over the place.
                              That might be it - I'll try removing the code in the construction script and see if it still crashes.

Comment

Hi Mordentral, little issue with 4.17 and 7bfecae commit.

Function IsTracked() (called from blueprint) is always returning false, event when controllers are actually tracked.

Comment

Working...
                                X