VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elleclouds View Post
    Its weird because I have a 1080 graphics card, 16 gb ram and i7 processor and just a few items from an office pack drops all performance. Is there a way to reduce performance heavy objects for VR? I'll look up some tutorials on optimizing... thanks for everything

Run some profiling to see where your bottle necks are, if its just "a few assets" it shouldn't cause you to drop below 90fps, but "a few" is relative, and a lot of marketplace packs are not optimized for VR applications.

You have to remember that in VR you are rendering the screen twice over and generally at higher resolutions than the average desktop (screen percentage settings plus the screen is hefty in itself).
    Last edited by mordentral; 06-09-2017, 10:53 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      *Edit* I forgot about my own function, edited

Setting late update settings you can do it directly by editing the interface struct or by the setting function SetGripLateUpdateSetting.
      Setting the collision type you'll want to use SetGripCollisionType as it also re-creates the grip for you with the new type.

I am adding a check for when recreate grip is called so that it doesn't trigger the OnGrip events again after looking it over though, I don't think that should be the behavior.
      Great. Works perfectly. Thanks for all your work.

Comment

Mordentral , i'm back again...

I still with problems with Steam VR and AdvancedSessions. When i launch successful with STEAM (i see my player name and my Steam Friends in my Widget in VR, and over my head) but FindSessions always stay Freeze. I watch the log, and i can look this error:

LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: FindSessions - Invalid player state

I search in the FindSessions but i don't see any reference to PlayerState. CreateSession works and JoinSession too, but FindAdvancedSessions do nothing, On Success and On Failure don't run never (i put a PrintMessage to LOG to check if this work and nothing).

What happend? Why return this error?

Thanks in advance.
        Aidan.
        Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
        I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post
          Mordentral , i'm back again...

I still with problems with Steam VR and AdvancedSessions. When i launch successful with STEAM (i see my player name and my Steam Friends in my Widget in VR, and over my head) but FindSessions always stay Freeze. I watch the log, and i can look this error:

LogScriptCore:Warning: Script Msg: FindSessions - Invalid player state

I search in the FindSessions but i don't see any reference to PlayerState. CreateSession works and JoinSession too, but FindAdvancedSessions do nothing, On Success and On Failure don't run never (i put a PrintMessage to LOG to check if this work and nothing).

What happend? Why return this error?

Thanks in advance.
          Aidan.
          Are you missing the player controller being passed into the find sessions node?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Okay, if i will post again, ignore me.

Yes i lost my PlayerController, i used a Widget into my HUD and pick my PlayerController through my GameInstance with GetOwner(the owner of the Widget attached to the HUD)

But in VR, i placed an Actor with a 3D Widget inside, in my Level as Screen, and obviously has not owner. I'm retarded. The PlayerCharacter is NULL and not work.

Now i can test in VR Preview, Steam Subsystem don't load, but Create Sessions, JoinSessions and FindSessions works, i'm supossed that if Steam APi cannot loaded, Find,Join and Create works as default Subsystem Online.

-------

Now other Question, if any chance to reduce the Sensivity of the Controller via Blueprint?

I'm preparing an Aiming Function and i want to Reduce to half the MotionController Sensivity. Example, if move 10 units in the Unreal, move controller 5 unit. I do this in Addition Weapon of secondary hand, But don't know to control the addition in the Dominant Hand (the hand that grabs). The idea is with a Stamina and a Button Pressed you can simulate the breath or something when you aiming, to get better control (is a Game, don't need a real Sniper in the team to get a Sniper Rifle and shoot well). When i do this, i deactivate the movement.

Regards!
            Aidan.

Comment

Okay, if i will post again, ignore me.

Yes i lost my PlayerController, i used a Widget into my HUD and pick my PlayerController through my GameInstance with GetOwner(the owner of the Widget attached to the HUD)

But in VR, i placed an Actor with a 3D Widget inside, in my Level as Screen, and obviously has not owner. I'm retarded. The PlayerCharacter is NULL and not work.

Now i can test in VR Preview, Steam Subsystem don't load, but Create Sessions, JoinSessions and FindSessions works, i'm supossed that if Steam APi cannot loaded, Find,Join and Create works as default Subsystem Online.

-------

Now other Question, if any chance to reduce the Sensivity of the Controller via Blueprint?

I'm preparing an Aiming Function and i want to Reduce to half the MotionController Sensivity. Example, if move 10 units in the Unreal, move controller 5 unit. I do this in Addition Weapon of secondary hand, But don't know to control the addition in the Dominant Hand (the hand that grabs). The idea is with a Stamina and a Button Pressed you can simulate the breath or something when you aiming, to get better control (is a Game, don't need a real Sniper in the team to get a Sniper Rifle and shoot well). When i do this, i deactivate the movement.

Regards!
              Aidan.
              Two hand aiming already removes late updates which significantly stabilizes the hand jitter, i'm not entirely sure you want it slower than that without like a bipod as when turning while holding the gun it will lag behind you already. "simulate breath" shouldn't be needed, the player can actually that for real and it will help them. Secondary grips also have a ConstantLerp value that will slow down the tracking by up to a full frame over no late updates as well which would help smooth it out.

If you REALLY want to go forward with damping the primary hand the addition transform should actually work for that, you would have to record last frames location and this ones and add a reverse offset to it.
              Last edited by mordentral; 06-11-2017, 02:00 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

With a rifle the AIMING is OK, no jitter. But with SNIPER that aim far, it's complicate be precisse. My idea is stop movement character, and with the Second Hand Trigger, Slow down the aiming as a "bipod" as you told, but in The air, you know?

Move with controller 2 units, can represent 50 centimeters on far. If you move 2 units on main controller and 2 units in secondary controller, this affect in 1 meter on far.

Games like Onward, the sniper rifle is completly Useless, in the Real World, you grab the object with the two hands, and how is the same object, the two hands create more stabilization. But in VR the two hands are independets and multiply the pulse by two. With rifle holder for controller delete this problem, but not all the people have a 3D printer. And this is a "physically cheat", i wish like to give to all the players the same oportunities.

Comment

With a rifle the AIMING is OK, no jitter. But with SNIPER that aim far, it's complicate be precisse. My idea is stop movement character, and with the Second Hand Trigger, Slow down the aiming as a "bipod" as you told, but in The air, you know?

Move with controller 2 units, can represent 50 centimeters on far. If you move 2 units on main controller and 2 units in secondary controller, this affect in 1 meter on far.

Games like Onward, the sniper rifle is completly Useless, in the Real World, you grab the object with the two hands, and how is the same object, the two hands create more stabilization. But in VR the two hands are independets and multiply the pulse by two. With rifle holder for controller delete this problem, but not all the people have a 3D printer. And this is a "physically cheat", i wish like to give to all the players the same oportunities.
                  I guess if you are running really strong scopes then yeah its likely a little difficult.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed new commit to the plugin and template

Plugin
                    Code:
                    Added "AddSceneComponentByClass" blueprint node to the VRfunctionlibrary.

Made switching collision types for a grip not call OnGrip again.
                    Template
                    Code:
                    Added a button type enum to the button component and functionality for a press
                    button instead of just toggle (button still needs a lot of cleanup).

Made 3D keyboard a component now by using the new function I added to the
                    VRExpansionLibrary.

Cleaned up 2D and 3D keyboard setups, 3D keyboards still need some work, 2D is pretty much fully functional.

Ummmm, in other news, I made a patreon and linked it in my signature and the repository.....I wasn't even sure if I was going to go this route but someone found it before I had made a final decision on it and pledged already.

I intend to keep all of my work fully open source and accessible now and forever, but I also am hitting a wall where I do not have all of the hardware I need to implement some features or test them fully (oculus touch testing / avatars and stability checks), and also am putting so much of my free time into the plugin that its becoming hard on my family life. I can't justify buying a rift out of pocket just to bug and feature test and I can't continue to drop all of my free time into this with my wife hitting late term on her second pregnancy and an 8 month old crawling around.

I will continue as I have been going but at a little slower pace, if the patreon ends up having enough pledged in it for me to drop a few hours from work and put them into the plugins instead than I will do so.

I have a lot of things on my Trello wishlist and a few things that people have asked for on the new feature request board that I would like to get to and put time into.

I don't intend to change my plans or my constant support, I love helping people create stuff.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Anyone knows how to make a pickable skeletal mesh actor? I have a spider walking around in my scene and i want it to be pickable just like pickable static mesh actors. Any suggestions...

Comment

Originally posted by kujuranand View Post
                        Anyone knows how to make a pickable skeletal mesh actor? I have a spider walking around in my scene and i want it to be pickable just like pickable static mesh actors. Any suggestions...
                        Have a look at the template project and see how epic's weapon is set up. It's skeletal mesh so swaping out the model along with some minor tweaks should get you going.
                        VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

Originally posted by kujuranand View Post
                          I also overloaded skeletal meshes, Spawn a GrippableSkeletalMesh(Actor/Component) and use the settings just like any other object.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Still have been going over the procedural 2D/3D keyboard since I was low on time this weekend. I think its about time to leave it as is and go on to the next plugin feature since its pretty stable.

I'll run cleanup and functional iterations over it from time to time, mostly making a keycap model for the 3D version and some cleaner functionality.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOymgG0.png
Views:	1
Size:	437.4 KB
ID:	1129438

*Edit*

Also pushed a new commit to the plugin

Code:
                            Added prelim support for replicating capsule half heights in multiplayer.
                            This is controllable by a new boolean VRReplicateCapsuleHeight on the character
                            movement component.

It causes minor issues with climbing step up and edge cases currently.

Also now zeroing ALL Z values for HMD relative movement for the movement system.
                            Before I was only doing it for the simple character.

This free's up the Z axis value to be used for the capsule half height replication
                            so that I don't have to pass any more variables on.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 06-12-2017, 09:36 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey Mordentral,

I tried adding a request via the trello board, but not sure how to become a member of the board so i can make a request so I'll just put it here for now. I've come a long way with my MP body tracking setup I've been making from your template, but still having a few issues with underlying anim poses for my IK being driven via the HMD instead of my pelvis tracker. Hoping if possible to get a switch to drive the capsule motion via the pelvis tracker to fix this if possible. I think you had mentioned you might consider something like that before, and I haven't checked back here for a bit so maybe there was already something like that implimented. Anyway, I've determined my blueprint workarounds aren't really going to work well enough so wanted to put in the request. I'm still using SimpleVRCharacter for now.

Once again, thanks for sharing the amazing work.

Comment

Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
                                Hey Mordentral,

I tried adding a request via the trello board, but not sure how to become a member of the board so i can make a request so I'll just put it here for now. I've come a long way with my MP body tracking setup I've been making from your template, but still having a few issues with underlying anim poses for my IK being driven via the HMD instead of my pelvis tracker. Hoping if possible to get a switch to drive the capsule motion via the pelvis tracker to fix this if possible. I think you had mentioned you might consider something like that before, and I haven't checked back here for a bit so maybe there was already something like that implimented. Anyway, I've determined my blueprint workarounds aren't really going to work well enough so wanted to put in the request. I'm still using SimpleVRCharacter for now.

Once again, thanks for sharing the amazing work.
                                Yeah its already in, you should be able to use the AddTrackedParent node to drive capsule movement off of a waist tracker (for parent relative attachment and VRCharacterRootComponent). That being said, it should have been possible to begin with to do it with blueprint.

I'll note that the tracked parent implementation is a quickie, its the most basic form of doing it (unrotating the tracker by its initial rotation and driving off of the delta). It was playing with a few alternatives but that was initially the most stable and other features were calling. I have it listed as something to go back to at some point and improve on.

As far as the trello, only comments are allowed, there isn't a public board option, but I enabled the e-mail to card system where any e-mails sent to the linked e-mail becomes a card with the subject line as the title and body as body.

*Edit* SimpleVRCharacter actually isn't implemented with the tracked parent currently.....i'll look into doing that, its an interesting issue because I normally avoid doing capsule rotation with the simple character due to possible rollback for networked clients, and having a tracked parent if I were to rotate the capsule based on the tracker, the players view would change unless I rotated it back based on a pivot.....

This is because the camera is set via relative position and the actors root component is the relative base. It could be solved by using only the location of the tracker to drive capsule center which would result in the capsule location being incorrectly offset backwards, or by running the hmd and controllers in a detached separate component.....I may do the latter, it would free me up to do some of the other more advanced features for the simpleVRCharacter.

In the end the VRCharacter has become the most stable and useful character so it has received more development love recently.

I would assume that the easiest way to do it currently with the SimpleCharacter would be to IK to a parent relative attachment that is set to the TrackedParent.
                                Last edited by mordentral; 06-13-2017, 08:45 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X