X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey mordentral!
    thanks for this, is helping a lot!

One question...
    If i need to calibrate vr for different heigth players, and it is multiplayer, so i cant change word using "set world to meters scale"

And i cant create a scene component to add the camera and controllers because they are inhherited...

what is your sugestion to calibrate with out ending with diferrent multiplayer height?

thank in advance

Comment

Originally posted by djeik View Post
      Hey mordentral!
      thanks for this, is helping a lot!

One question...
      If i need to calibrate vr for different heigth players, and it is multiplayer, so i cant change word using "set world to meters scale"

And i cant create a scene component to add the camera and controllers because they are inhherited...

what is your sugestion to calibrate with out ending with diferrent multiplayer height?

thank in advance

You actually CAN add a client root and manually re-parent the controllers and hmd to it in blueprints, you just call the detach / attach nodes on begin play to set them to the new parent and then it should function as you want.

I don't provide a native form for this, as generally its intended that players be different heights and client side height disassociation may be a bit off putting during game play, even more so considering arm length would not change.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi Mordentral,

Thank you for your great help for the ue4 VR community!

I start experience this amazing project and I wanted to try the multiplayer via steam with a friend of mine.
        I sent him the packaged project (Development) I host the server, but he can never found me.
        I start digging a bit in the logs and found the following error:
        LogOnlineisplay: STEAM: Loading Steam SDK 1.32
        LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Failed to initialize Steam, this could be due to a Steam server and client running on the same machine. Try running with -NOSTEAM on the cmdline to disable.
        LogOnlineisplay: STEAM: OnlineSubsystemSteam::Shutdown()
        LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!

I assume this is the reason why its not working...
        I tried looking for more information online but don`t see anything useful.

P.S - we were able to connect vie open level?listen and open ip, so I don`t think its a network issue unless steam required specific port.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by dcaspi View Post
          Hi Mordentral,

Thank you for your great help for the ue4 VR community!

I start experience this amazing project and I wanted to try the multiplayer via steam with a friend of mine.
          I sent him the packaged project (Development) I host the server, but he can never found me.
          I start digging a bit in the logs and found the following error:
          LogOnlineisplay: STEAM: Loading Steam SDK 1.32
          LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Failed to initialize Steam, this could be due to a Steam server and client running on the same machine. Try running with -NOSTEAM on the cmdline to disable.
          LogOnline:Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!

I assume this is the reason why its not working...
          I tried looking for more information online but don`t see anything useful.

P.S - we were able to connect vie open level?listen and open ip, so I don`t think its a network issue unless steam required specific port.

Thanks in advance
          Are you running steam and is the editor closed when you run the binary?

Also you can try downloading the packaged demo in the OP and seeing if steam connects for you with that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] I asked a question about including FLEX a while back, and it worked great.

Now I was trying to incorporate your plugin into a 4.15.3 engine build that includes FLEX, Hairworks, Flow, and VolumLight ...

I've followed your steps ... included the relevant folders in the Plugins folder of my Engine && My Project/Plugins folder.. when I try to build the project.sln I get the following
            Errors

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
            Error CS1729 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 12
            Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 58
            Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 58
            Error CS1729 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 12
            Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 111
            Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 112
            Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 113
            Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 114
            Error UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files FlexProject C:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1
            Error MSB3075 The command "C:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat FlexProjectEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\FlexProject.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. FlexProject C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41

Comment

Hello again.
              I got the plugin downloaded to UE4.16.1 and so far it looks great. One issue though,

When using the VRSimpleCharacter I attached controller meshes to the inherited Left and Right Motion Cotrollers, but they seem to be dragging on the ground and not responding to my physical motion controllers.

Did I skip a step?

EDIT: I hate to be that guy, but I restarted my PC and now its working great.
              Last edited by waysketch; 06-04-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jawnbilletes View Post
                Hey [MENTION=4285]mordentral[/MENTION] I asked a question about including FLEX a while back, and it worked great.

Now I was trying to incorporate your plugin into a 4.15.3 engine build that includes FLEX, Hairworks, Flow, and VolumLight ...

I've followed your steps ... included the relevant folders in the Plugins folder of my Engine && My Project/Plugins folder.. when I try to build the project.sln I get the following
                Errors

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                Error CS1729 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin\OpenVRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 12
                Error CS1729 'UnrealBuildTool.ModuleRules' does not contain a constructor that takes 1 arguments FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 12
                Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 111
                Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 112
                Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 113
                Error CS1061 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' does not contain a definition for 'Platform' and no extension method 'Platform' accepting a first argument of type 'UnrealBuildTool.ReadOnlyTargetRules' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) FlexProject c:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin.Build.cs 114
                Error UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files FlexProject C:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\EXEC 1
                Error MSB3075 The command "C:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat FlexProjectEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\jjjreisss\UnrealEngine\FlexProject\FlexProject.uproject" -waitmutex" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command. FlexProject C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 41
                You are using the 4.16 source branch with a 4.15 version of the engine (though modified it is still 4.15). Epic changed how module rules are declared in 4.16 so its not directly compatible.

You can download the locked 4.15 branch instead and use that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi!

I have a problem. I don't know if is a VRExpansionPlugin, AdvancedSessions, Unreal problem or all.

I'm testing my project with VR and Advanced Sessions in my multiplayer project, and i can't connect with other clients in VR Preview or Shipping Build (with steam_appid.txt and set in 480 ).

I'm be very frustrated, In Normal Preview, Standalone and New Window, works perfectly. Find, Create. But in VR Find, always return On Failure. In LAN and not LAN.

Why?

I'm testing in VRExampleProject, and same issue, don't find nothing. In Lan and not LAN. I package the project in shipping and append the steam appid and same issue. In VR sessions don't working.

Version 4.16.1.

One suggestion?
                  Viar Warfare - My first VR Game
                  I'm Spanish, sorry about my english, i working on it every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidan Puche View Post
                    Hi!

I have a problem. I don't know if is a VRExpansionPlugin, AdvancedSessions, Unreal problem or all.

I'm testing my project with VR and Advanced Sessions in my multiplayer project, and i can't connect with other clients in VR Preview or Shipping Build (with steam_appid.txt and set in 480 ).

I'm be very frustrated, In Normal Preview, Standalone and New Window, works perfectly. Find, Create. But in VR Find, always return On Failure. In LAN and not LAN.

Why?

I'm testing in VRExampleProject, and same issue, don't find nothing. In Lan and not LAN. I package the project in shipping and append the steam appid and same issue. In VR sessions don't working.

Version 4.16.1.

One suggestion?
                    VR Preview steam won't work with, and in shipping builds the appid.txt needs to be in the EXE folder, many people place it in the incorrect location.

You could always go to Saved/Logs and post the log as well, but I am assuming that the steam subsystem is actually not loading for you. Do you get the steam overlay active on your project?

I'll note I did just fix a broken boolean that was preventing the widgets from being released on the hosting menu. It was disconnected during my blueprint overhaul of the template.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi,

IHow can I use the template or plugin in my Projects...Is there any tutorials or videos explains how this thing works ?!!! Thanks.

Comment

Hi Mordentral, thanks for you Reply.

I put de steam_appid.txt with only 480 inside. But when i launch the Shipping versión of your VRExpPluginExample, steam Overlay not appear in VR, well, this open, but VR Overlay not show i'm in Spacewars...
                        This only ocurs in VR, in preview, new window and standalone works perfectly. Find, Join, Create, Overlay... But in VR nothing works... In Shipping too...

I only open your project, build in x64 in shipping method. Put steam_appid.txt in root folder. This pic to ilustrate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1129121

I can't understand why Unreal not solved this, is impossible develop a multiplayer game in the proper way if you wait 15 minutes to package a game every time that you want to test something.
                        I'm suppose why the Engine can't manage two subsystem in same time, and when it manage VR Subsystem Steam, can't run the Online Subsystem Steam.

But now at least i want to run the game in Package Shipping. But i don't sure if this works, i'm supposed yes. You have the Host, Join and find in the VRExpansionExample but i can't handle it works.

Where is the log in the package shipping?

Regards!

Comment

Hi Mordentral, thanks for you Reply.

I put de steam_appid.txt with only 480 inside. But when i launch the Shipping versión of your VRExpPluginExample, steam Overlay not appear in VR, well, this open, but VR Overlay not show i'm in Spacewars...
                          This only ocurs in VR, in preview, new window and standalone works perfectly. Find, Join, Create, Overlay... But in VR nothing works... In Shipping too...

I only open your project, build in x64 in shipping method. Put steam_appid.txt in root folder. This pic to ilustrate:

I can't understand why Unreal not solved this, is impossible develop a multiplayer game in the proper way if you wait 15 minutes to package a game every time that you want to test something.
                          I'm suppose why the Engine can't manage two subsystem in same time, and when it manage VR Subsystem Steam, can't run the Online Subsystem Steam.

But now at least i want to run the game in Package Shipping. But i don't sure if this works, i'm supposed yes. You have the Host, Join and find in the VRExpansionExample but i can't handle it works.

Where is the log in the package shipping?

Regards!
                          Logs are in "Saved", also that isn't the correct App_ID.txt location, it should be in GameName/Binaries/Build where the actual EXE is.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the Plugin Template

Code:
                            Added new prelim procedural VR keyboard

Fixed a bug with the widget interaction components not releasing that was introduced with the BP overhaul.

Moved more of the input mappings into the Inputconfig and out of being directly declared in the character.
                            I know that I had said that VR keyboards were not plugin related and were better left to the marketplace, however I kind of wanted one for my console object and I had the idea of driving one off of a datatable
                            so that the layout and content is fully dynamic. It should allow for both 2D and 3D keyboards to be generated off of the same datatable with multiple layouts and localization. So far only a prelim 2D version is
                            implemented as I just started in on it today, the early 2D version is detailed in the video below.

It may change / be cleaner later on, being a 1 day effort there are likely iterative changes that I will make to it in the future as well as the 3D version.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

OH F**K...

XDDDD this is a little shame...

Well, now works, thanks so much Mordentral! i put the appid in Binaries/Build and now connect with Steam and Advanced Sessions Works... 10 point to you. Thanks!

Comment

OH F**K...

XDDDD this is a little shame...

Well, now works, thanks so much Mordentral! i put the appid in Binaries/Build and now connect with Steam and Advanced Sessions Works... 10 point to you. Thanks!
                                No worries, it isn't fully explained anywhere and is pretty trial and error, I just have two years of trial and error with it at this point since my sessions plugin has about hit that mark now .
                                Last edited by mordentral; 06-06-2017, 03:28 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X