No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added a feedback / feature request Trello board to the OP.

It has voting enabled and an e-mail that posts new cards off of mail that is sent to it (if this is abused it will be removed obviously).

This way I don't have to open up my private Trello but still can keep track of requests better, can also get/give feedback about them.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the plugin template (implemented feature request from new Trello request board).

Code:
      Added boolean to enable Thumb rotation of teleporting, shows a second
      teleportation arrow that shows your ending facing direction.
      (first trello listed feature request)

Re-worked sliding motion slightly to use a rotator created from the
      thumb pad axis values for direction instead of forward + right
      vector directions added together. Should be cleaner.

Changed rotate character function to work more logically.

All booleans that control behavior now have their own category for easy access, including the new UseTeleportThumbRotation boolean.

Fix to sessions plugin for 4.16, ported to template.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

So I've been using the VRExpPluginExample project 4.15 to build stuff in, and now I want to upgrade to 4.16. What would be the correct way to do this? Do I upgrade the Unreal project to 4.16 and then replace the plugin folders with the 4.16 plugin branch?

Comment

Originally posted by Link_AJ View Post
          So I've been using the VRExpPluginExample project 4.15 to build stuff in, and now I want to upgrade to 4.16. What would be the correct way to do this? Do I upgrade the Unreal project to 4.16 and then replace the plugin folders with the 4.16 plugin branch?
          Yes you can do that, I did make significant blueprint changes that you may want to port over if you are using the template as a base. 4.16 the only real conflicting differences are that the ObjectType is gone from the grip interface, and that in the blueprints the template now checks for GameplayTags to help control gripping logic (I guess the secondary grip type enum is also something to consider). However the base blueprints controlling the character got a lot cleaner and more feature complete as it was time for an overhaul of the template.

One big thing is if you are doing multiplayer then you'll either want to turn off the adaptive networking or set default minimum net update frequencies on all replicated actors, as 4.16 now defaults to it being on.

I would suggest a separate copy of the template and porting over changes that you find useful, as well as looking at the examples of new usage.
          Last edited by mordentral; 05-30-2017, 08:44 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Added a list of known projects that use my plugin in the OP, I know there are more but there is no way for me to really keep track.

I know of at least 4 others that from videos it is obvious its my plugin, but without direct contact and verification I wouldn't presume to list them.

Its generally just when they send me keys or contact me that I know for sure they used it and how much of it
            Last edited by mordentral; 05-30-2017, 09:29 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm modifying the Vive_PawnCharacter from the template, and I'd like to have my gripping actions be based on the motionController Grip input instead of trigger. I've replaced the Triggers R Trigger L with grip, which mostly works, except with the gunbase. I'd like the gun to be dropped when grip button is released (instead of the grip toggling) and keep the trigger on controller as the gun trigger, but i can't figure out where this is handled. Thanks! It's a pretty awesome plugin. great work

Comment

Originally posted by paynter3D View Post
                I'm modifying the Vive_PawnCharacter from the template, and I'd like to have my gripping actions be based on the motionController Grip input instead of trigger. I've replaced the Triggers R Trigger L with grip, which mostly works, except with the gunbase. I'd like the gun to be dropped when grip button is released (instead of the grip toggling) and keep the trigger on controller as the gun trigger, but i can't figure out where this is handled. Thanks! It's a pretty awesome plugin. great work
                Are you on 4.16 or 4.15? In 4.15 its hardcoded into the node after the gripbutton event, in 4.16 drops styles are controlled by gameplay tags on the items (also the blueprints are cleaned up for gripping and dropping in 4.16).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                  Are you on 4.16 or 4.15? In 4.15 its hardcoded into the node after the gripbutton event, in 4.16 drops styles are controlled by gameplay tags on the items (also the blueprints are cleaned up for gripping and dropping in 4.16).
                  I'm using 4.16 Just installed the latest today

Comment

Hello, I'm trying to get the template running and am getting this error when trying to "switch unreal engine version"

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.16/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unreal Projects/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-b0ff70006ea1/VRExpPluginExample.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                    Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
                    Messages while compiling C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll:
                    error CS0042: Unexpected error creating debug information file 'c:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.PDB' -- 'c:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.pdb: Access is denied.
                    UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files

any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Onlygolden1 View Post
                      Hello, I'm trying to get the template running and am getting this error when trying to "switch unreal engine version"

Running C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_4.16/Engine/Binaries/DotNET/UnrealBuildTool.exe -projectfiles -project="C:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unreal Projects/mordentral-vrexppluginexample-b0ff70006ea1/VRExpPluginExample.uproject" -game -rocket -progress
                      Discovering modules, targets and source code for project...
                      Messages while compiling C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll:
                      error CS0042: Unexpected error creating debug information file 'c:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.PDB' -- 'c:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.pdb: Access is denied.
                      UnrealBuildTool Exception: ERROR: UnrealBuildTool encountered an error while compiling source files

any help would be appreciated. Thank you
                      ummmm, do you have a compiler installed? Also you are working with the 4.16 version right?

I'm using 4.16 Just installed the latest today
                      Yeah then drops in 4.16 are handled with gameplay tags on the objects to show off their utility. Each button press now checks for a tag to drop on that button with gripped objects, if no tags are present then it drops by default off of trigger release.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yes on 4.16 , and as in compiler you mean VS2017? if so yes I'm running that

Comment

Yeah then drops in 4.16 are handled with gameplay tags on the objects to show off their utility. Each button press now checks for a tag to drop on that button with gripped objects, if no tags are present then it drops by default off of trigger release.
                          I've played with checking the different tags, nothing seems to change ( on the gun in the template scene) I can't seem to get it to grab the gun at the weapon handle when i switch to the grip button instead of trigger. It will grab the gun as on object at the back and front sections of the gun

Comment

I've played with checking the different tags, nothing seems to change ( on the gun in the template scene) I can't seem to get it to grab the gun at the weapon handle when i switch to the grip button instead of trigger. It will grab the gun as on object at the back and front sections of the gun

You also disconnected the grip button events though from their original functions...... The logic for drop was in the nodes that you disconnected. I would suggest that you read through the nodes and learn how they work. The template isn't currently set up for re-bindable keys because I have too many examples in it, its a base to learn how to do different things from, not a game start in itself.

Any real game modification to it will entail throwing out features that aren't needed and adding things.

Yes on 4.16 , and as in compiler you mean VS2017? if so yes I'm running that
                            Then you'll want to follow the steps in there concerning compiling the plugin.
                            https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ep%20by%20Step

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Then you'll want to follow the steps in there concerning compiling the plugin.
                              https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ep%20by%20Step
                              This is necessary to run the template version as well?

Comment

This is necessary to run the template version as well?
                                I can't host the binaries and intermediate files as well on the repository, they are too large, so yes.

I did upload a demo of the template today if you are just curious about it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X