Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MagusShade View Post
    FPSVive_PawnCharacter
    Yeah I got it to duplicate, i'll look into an eventual fix, it has to do with the neck offset.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new branch for 4.16 Alpha to the plugin repository and updated the example template to 4.16 preview 1.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by MagusShade View Post
        FPSVive_PawnCharacter
        Yo, did you test this in VR? Or just with the fps pawn?

I can replicate with the FPS pawn and understand why it happens there, but I can't replicate in VR and it doesn't make sense that it would happen in VR, the movement collision behaves a little differently since the HMD directly drives the rotation of the capsule.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Dear Mordentral

Is the physics constraint on the drawer and the door same. How can i make the drawer close by itself when pushed , like you have on the door...

regards
          J

Comment

Originally posted by Jomax3d View Post
            Dear Mordentral

Is the physics constraint on the drawer and the door same. How can i make the drawer close by itself when pushed , like you have on the door...

regards
            J
            The physics drawer stops simulating on release, on the component check (bSimulateOnRelease) in the grip interface properties and it will do what you are looking for (stay simulating / moving). In the door I have it start a sequence on release that checks every now and then for the doors rotational velocity to approach zero and then unsimulates it. You can repurpose that for the drawer to check the relative X velocity instead and do the same.

For the non physics drawers you can also copy the OnGripReleased code from the door that turns the simulation off and re-purpose it to close the drawers (or whatever else you want) like you would a standard 2D door/drawer.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Launch the character a bit and set it to falling, add impulse will work as expected for you, but you can simulate it in flying mode if you want with manual input.

Also use the Parent Relative Attachment for hip placement, attach it to the camera, it provides a yaw only rotation base for chest / hip tracking.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1
                Sorry to jump in in between questions.
                Also, any idea how in Robo Recall they got the guns to always be situated near the players hip? I can't figure it out. The VRPawn there doesn't seem to have any scene components at the hip or back for the guns to attach to.
                A lot of this really is off topic for the thread....
                Roborecall has an actor for the holster that gets attached on spawn. I think if you look at the tick there might be something referencing it.... All the logic for that stuff is in the holster, and the weapon bp's...
                Outer Planet Studios
                http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Originally posted by gozu View Post
                  A lot of this really is off topic for the thread....
                  Roborecall has an actor for the holster that gets attached on spawn. I think if you look at the tick there might be something referencing it.... All the logic for that stuff is in the holster, and the weapon bp's...
                  Yeah, you're right. Sorry, but thanks for the info. Fwiw, I've been on roborecall forums (roborecall.org, roborecall mods, ) over the past month and a half, with questions (and answers to some stuff). Sadly, they're all pretty dead.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                    Launch the character a bit and set it to falling, add impulse will work as expected for you, but you can simulate it in flying mode if you want with manual input.

Also use the Parent Relative Attachment for hip placement, attach it to the camera, it provides a yaw only rotation base for chest / hip tracking.
                    Got it. Thanks, as always. Apologies for dirtying the thread.

Comment

Yo, did you test this in VR? Or just with the fps pawn?

I can replicate with the FPS pawn and understand why it happens there, but I can't replicate in VR and it doesn't make sense that it would happen in VR, the movement collision behaves a little differently since the HMD directly drives the rotation of the capsule.
                      In VR if I spin around I can get on top of objects too, though much smaller ones. For example if I enable blocking collision with the player on those small blue pickup cubes, i can spin around and end up on top of them even if step up is disabled and running into them doesn't make me step up. This might be the result of a different function though.

Comment

I downloaded the template file, i right click VRExpPluginExample.uproject to "generate visual studio file" or "switch unreal version", it shows error like this:Click image for larger version

Name:	dasdada.png
Views:	1
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	1127118

Please, help.
                        Last edited by fspar30; 04-30-2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fspar30 View Post
                          I downloaded the template file, i right click VRExpPluginExample.uproject to "generate visual studio file" or "switch unreal version", it shows error like this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]139208[/ATTACH]

Please, help.
                          I keep the template on the very latest version due to map compatibilities and using it as a test bed for new releases, as of thursday this is the 4.16 preview. So you will need the newest engine version to use the template project (Epic changed some project level settings in 4.16 which are those errors you are seeing).

The plugin itself still has multple compatible version downloads.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I keep the template on the very latest version due to map compatibilities and using it as a test bed for new releases, as of thursday this is the 4.16 preview. So you will need the newest engine version to use the template project (Epic changed some project level settings in 4.16 which are those errors you are seeing).

The plugin itself still has multple compatible version downloads.

I installed 4.16, this time it successfully generate visual studio file, however when i build it, it has these errors:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	1127123

Comment

Originally posted by fspar30 View Post
                              I installed 4.16, this time it successfully generate visual studio file, however when i build it, it has these errors:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]139222[/ATTACH]
                              You have nested the files somehow and likely went over the max file name length for windows.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You have nested the files somehow and likely went over the max file name length for windows.
                                I shortened the length of filename and most of the errors are gone, but there are still some errors left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	445.2 KB
ID:	1127127Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	290.4 KB
ID:	1127128

Comment

Working...
                                X