VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    *Edit* I will also note that the VRCharacter "Should" be returning the correct location for pathing too, its target point is overridden in the code.

*Edit2* Should I make a custom AI Controller to handle the VRCharacters? It would be really easy to do and could just be set as the controller for AI then and it would handle my VRCharacters and SimpleVRCharacters natively then.

*Edit3* Don't want more posts - Already made a custom AI Controller that checks for VR characters and adjusts facing rotation and line of sight to checks. Can't find anything else in there that really needs an override.
    Dude, you are seriously insane. You already made a custom AI controller? That's awesome! Yes, the only reason I was trying to switch to simplecharacter was for the AI. I'd just thought it would be easier (for me), and maybe more performant, than trying to get the AIController to set the real VR transform of the player all the time. Really appreciate the reply with the insight and suggestions, let alone the idea of a custom AIController. I have been using AIBehaviorToolkit (Marketplace AI state chaining system) for my game prototype and the toolkit AI has worked great with SimpleCharacter. I will stick to VRCharacter and press on!
    Michael Wentworth-Bell
    Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
    Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the plugin, 4.16 preview is now out, so besides some minor refactoring of the (unfinished) TrackedDeviceParent stuff I intend to get it ported over to that tomorrow.

Code:
      Finished Replication overhaul for motion controllers / camera. Now has two selectable levels of
      quantization at the cost a 1 bit due to replicating which option selected.

Default quant level is rounded to 2 Decimals.

Added VRAIController, can be the base of an AI controller for a pawn. Overrides the Line of Sight To and GetActorFocalPoint functions so that
      if it is acting on a VRBaseCharacter it will use the HMD offset location instead of root.

Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
      An option to toggle the quantization level would be great to have. Thanks for pointing me to the replication speed setting and smoothing. I hadn't seen those. I switched to 50 hz plus smoothing and that was enough to fix the network hitching I was seeing client side with my testing setup of just two players with 3 trackers each. Smoothing wasn't noticeable. The extreme mode sounds interesting. Curious what you would plan on using there?
      I ended up only setting two levels for selection, I tried the extreme mode and it managed to save slightly more, but barely, and at the cost of a second additional bit on the other two levels. Quantization already scales how many bits are replicated based on the size of the number being replicated so at the relatively low numeric values that you will see in relative positions its difficult to get much more of a savings.

Originally posted by LeeGab View Post
      Hi there!
      I'm trying to make a rifle that i can hold with two hands. But sadly there are 2 problems. (and I'm using the example template.) Can you help me out?

First problem is when I want to let go of the rifle's forend ('VRGripS1') by releasing the grip button, I still have to toggle the grip button by pressing again. (real problem is 'VRGripP1' - which is the rifle's grip - I managed to make it possible to drop it by just releasing the grip button. So where in the Vive_PawnCharacter blueprint should I look at?)

Second problem is when I let go of the forend ('VRGripS1'), my character drops the whole rifle when I want to still grab it by the forend.

I'm still struggling to figure out how to make reloading mechanism but I'll try to work on that myself as much I can.
      I'd be so appreciated if you could help me!

When the primary hand drops the weapon you want to to check if there is a secondary grip on it, if so, call a grip on that hand at its current location, then when the primary goes back into position you can flip it back again. Secondary grips are not full grips, they are just components that are tracked, when the primary grip is ended it also kills the secondary portion of it. Primary grips contain the information for the secondary within them.

This allows for a pretty flexible system but takes some planning depending on how you want to setup your interactions.

From the sounds of it, you are actually approaching things backwards from how I set it up in the template though, you are considering the front grip the primary and the back grip the secondary, if you just renamed the sockets it would solve that for you.
      Last edited by mordentral; 04-25-2017, 08:22 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi.
        I can't change rotation on Vive_character teleporting.
        Actor -> teleport and setWorldRotation keep default rotation. Can you help me? Maybe this one overrides somewhere?
        (sorry for my bad English)

Comment

I am stupid. Sorry.
          I find function RotateCharacter. (GetController -> SetControlRotation solve my problem)

Comment

PHP Code:
                // Height to auto step up

UPROPERTY(EditAnywhereBlueprintReadWriteCategory "VRMovement|Climbing")

float VRClimbingStepHeight
            Its in the movement component
            Sorry, back again. Is there a way to do this via blueprint? I found a "Set VRClimbing Step Height" and linked it to the Vive_PawnCharacter VRMovementReference, but it doesn't seem to do anything?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	test.png
Views:	1
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1126905

Comment

Originally posted by MagusShade View Post
              Sorry, back again. Is there a way to do this via blueprint? I found a "Set VRClimbing Step Height" and linked it to the Vive_PawnCharacter VRMovementReference, but it doesn't seem to do anything?
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]138569[/ATTACH]
              If you are doing this multiplayer, the server and the client have to have the same setting for this.

You can directly go in to the movement component properties and set it to 0.0.

*Edit* It uses the default step up function from the character movement component, so it should fail out on 0.0f values.
              Last edited by mordentral; 04-26-2017, 11:52 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

If you are doing this multiplayer, the server and the client have to have the same setting for this.

You can directly go in to the movement component properties and set it to 0.0.

*Edit* It uses the default step up function from the character movement component, so it should fail out on 0.0f values.
                Thanks! I enabled collision on the desk w/ drawers, and i still have this weird pop-up thing where if im standing against the desk and rotate myself 180 degrees ill now be standing on the desk. This happens with everything waist height or lower. I can probably live with it by making my objects taller though.

*EDIT* waist height in the first person test mode. About knee height while actually using the vive.
                Last edited by MagusShade; 04-26-2017, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I enabled collision on the desk w/ drawers, and i still have this weird pop-up thing where if im standing against the desk and rotate myself 180 degrees ill now be standing on the desk. This happens with everything waist height or lower. I can probably live with it by making my objects taller though.
                  Oh are you talking about non climbing?

Thats the normal character movement step up height variable then. The VRClimbingStepUpHeight is seperate so that you can have a different value when climbing than when walking.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

i changed the normal step up value awhile ago, and it made it so I can't walk forwards and get bumped up on top of something, but i can still turn myself and end up on top of ledges and stuff ;D

Comment

i changed the normal step up value awhile ago, and it made it so I can't walk forwards and get bumped up on top of something, but i can still turn myself and end up on top of ledges and stuff ;D
                      Mmmm, how far back do you have the capsule offset? I may have to take rotation into account for relative collision as well

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

the capsule offset is currently -8,0,0. I don't think I've changed it from the default.

Comment

the capsule offset is currently -8,0,0. I don't think I've changed it from the default.
                          Actually wait, did you mean you REMOVED collision from the desk / drawers? As in are you using the bWalkingCollisionOverride?

There is some popup to do with that when finding the floor, I should track it down. But otherwise I can't replicate what you are talking about.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

i turned the collision on the desk to block so i could jump on top of it.

I can make the same behavior occur by taking a standard cube actor and changing the scale to 0.6, 0.6, 0.6 and placing it on the floor. Then playing without a Vive, just First Person using the engine, if i walk up against that cube and rotate using the mouse, I pop up on top of it. It happens in VR too, but the cube has to be way smaller so its not a big deal at all.

Comment

i turned the collision on the desk to block so i could jump on top of it.

I can make the same behavior occur by taking a standard cube actor and changing the scale to 0.6, 0.6, 0.6 and placing it on the floor. Then playing without a Vive, just First Person using the engine, if i walk up against that cube and rotate using the mouse, I pop up on top of it. It happens in VR too, but the cube has to be way smaller so its not a big deal at all.
                              Was first person using a standard pawn or a first person version of my pawn?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Was first person using a standard pawn or a first person version of my pawn?
                                FPSVive_PawnCharacter

Comment

Working...
                                X