Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by graysan View Post
    Thanks for your work on an awesome plugin, you're a legend!

I'm looking for some help running the plugin with a full IK character.

1. I'm using the binary download of the plugin, version 4.19 from 1st May 2018 and UE 4.19.0 and can't see the GetIKMesh() function. Was it introduced in a later version? How can I access it?

2. My characters skeletal mesh is detached from the VRCharacter and it's location is updated per tick to an estimated pelvis location. I need the VRRootReference collision capsule to follow it. What is the best way to do that, or would it be better to attach it to the VRRootReference and set it's location?
    The VRRoot updates it collision to the HMD location, you can simply attach the skeletal mesh to the ParentRelativeAttachment component and set the UseFloor boolean on it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for your work on an awesome plugin, you're a legend!

I'm looking for some help running the plugin with a full IK character.

1. I'm using the binary download of the plugin, version 4.19 from 1st May 2018 and UE 4.19.0 and can't see the GetIKMesh() function. Was it introduced in a later version? How can I access it?

2. My characters skeletal mesh is detached from the VRCharacter and it's location is updated per tick to an estimated pelvis location. I need the VRRootReference collision capsule to follow it. What is the best way to do that, or would it be better to attach it to the VRRootReference and set it's location?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post
    At what point do you add games to your list. Ive started work towards my vertical slice for the last month and im expecting it into closed alpha by the end of the year.
    Generally when it has some sort of media available and at the creators request.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    At what point do you add games to your list. Ive started work towards my vertical slice for the last month and im expecting it into closed alpha by the end of the year.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MagicBots View Post
    Is it possible to grip a component from your own character? The first quick tests I tried didn't work (wouldn't grip), and before looking into it, I thought I'd just quickly ask if it's possible by design first. I wanted to grip a child component, move it around, and then on grip-release take the resulting relative transform of the child, apply the delta to the parent, and then re-zero out the child gripped component.
    Yes, but you'd have to change the overlap / trace checks for gripping so that they don't ignore their parent actor. Currently they ignore "self" on tracing, its a simple fix in the GetClosestObject function.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it possible to grip a component from your own character? The first quick tests I tried didn't work (wouldn't grip), and before looking into it, I thought I'd just quickly ask if it's possible by design first. I wanted to grip a child component, move it around, and then on grip-release take the resulting relative transform of the child, apply the delta to the parent, and then re-zero out the child gripped component.
    Last edited by MagicBots; 06-30-2018, 12:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Changed use project "Contagion VR: Outbreak" from WIP to Early Access.

It released today

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by snakeviper1776 View Post
    Thanks for putting together this great plugin. I had one question - is there a straightforward way to implement Z-axis movement (I just want to be able to float in the air and come back down)?
    Well...there is a flying movement mode?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for putting together this great plugin. I had one question - is there a straightforward way to implement Z-axis movement (I just want to be able to float in the air and come back down)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sphinix257 View Post

Cool. That is very helpful. Because I liked using it. i must have read your message wrong at the time.

Would you advise it for a tracking solution on a bolt action rifle or have you seen better easier ways
    If you want a basic linear sliding bolt it is fine (can have a rotated spline so the bolt auto rotates into position even), if you want a totally realistic one with a hard lock, then a rotation, then I wouldn't. It would be easy enough to achieve with a custom grip to get the exact perfect behavior you want for an advanced one, and the template has an example custom grip slider that includes rotation like a lever as well that you could base it off of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X