VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What exactly is causing the interaction of the laser beam from the hands to interact with widget buttons?
    Ive gone through the 3d keyboard and menu actors and widgets but cant find how to get it working on my own widgets

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by jansenl View Post
    Hello,

I'm trying to open the examples file to play with the interactions and I get these messages back: https://imgur.com/a/ria1zdv
    Any clues? I appreciate any help please.
    Thank you very much.
    Follow the setup instructions, I don't package pre-built binaries in with the template to avoid file bloat.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello,

I'm trying to open the examples file to play with the interactions and I get these messages back: https://imgur.com/a/ria1zdv
    Any clues? I appreciate any help please.
    Thank you very much.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rareden View Post
    Is there a method to remove/disable the unwanted movement modes in the parent vive character without screwing it up too much, i only need to move though thumb stick movement?
    Remove all of mode switching and just set the DefaultMovementModeLeft / Right to the mode you want. Its just a BP script for the sliding movement though, would be pretty simple for you to remake as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sam54123 View Post
    How can I get a component like a static mesh to stay with the hmd in only x-y location and only z rotation in the vrchracter, like the capsule does?
    Attach it to the ParentRelativeAttachmentComponent.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a method to remove/disable the unwanted movement modes in the parent vive character without screwing it up too much, i only need to move though thumb stick movement?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How can I get a component like a static mesh to stay with the hmd in only x-y location and only z rotation in the vrchracter, like the capsule does?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

What are you assigning ticking too? The Skeletal mesh?

You may want to just sample the HMD height anyway, it doesn't update camera position until GetCameraView.
    I was assigning to the entire actor and the skeletal mesh on event begin play. I also tried setting it from the blueprint properties.

I was getting my location and rotation from the camera, once I changed it to get "orientation and position" it seemed to track much better and not be so spring-like. It is in local space or something right now but I feel like once I get that sorted out the issue will be fixed. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BBalrog View Post

Do you mean the tick group or something else?
    I have tried all the tick group options and the problem persists.
    What are you assigning ticking too? The Skeletal mesh?

You may want to just sample the HMD height anyway, it doesn't update camera position until GetCameraView.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

That looks like a tick order issue.
    Do you mean the tick group or something else?
    I have tried all the tick group options and the problem persists.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X