No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pushed a new commit to the plugin (and updated the template to match)

Code:
    Added preprocessor definitions to the plugin modules (in build.cs) so c++ can control
    different code paths depending on if they are enabled or not.

Added bIgnoreSimulatingComponentsInFloorCheck variable
    to the base movement component. When true simulating components
    are never considered for floor checks (to avoid instability / physics issues).

This adds parity for this feature to the simpleCharacter, it was
    vrCharacter specific before. It also allows for it to be toggled off if wanted (was always on before).

Added flex note for users of it to build.cs (uncomment to enable FLEX in the Flex engine branch)

Removed a couple of redundent dependancy modules

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks Mordentral! I ll download and will try! I am just really in need of the parent/child component.

Thank you for really quick reply.

Comment

Hi there, congrants for the plugin, fortunately I found it looking to a real option for "Character" under VR, not the Pawn, is important than the capsulle be free around the chaperone/jail with the advance of the collision and movement inherits instead the VR Template from Epic and do everything from scratch. Just disappointed the Capsulle collision, by track movement is perfect the collision way, but if moves naturally around the jail is a little shocking for my point of view if the character stuck for any scene object collision. Is that system ready to ignore collision in that case? I realized the "Use walking collision override" in the VRRootReference and though maybe if for that purpose. Else I can try adding new kind of collision channel but probably that system is built in ready.... ?
        Thanks for that big job!.

Comment

Originally posted by mandango View Post
          Hi there, congrants for the plugin, fortunately I found it looking to a real option for "Character" under VR, not the Pawn, is important than the capsulle be free around the chaperone/jail with the advance of the collision and movement inherits instead the VR Template from Epic and do everything from scratch. Just disappointed the Capsulle collision, by track movement is perfect the collision way, but if moves naturally around the jail is a little shocking for my point of view if the character stuck for any scene object collision. Is that system ready to ignore collision in that case? I realized the "Use walking collision override" in the VRRootReference and though maybe if for that purpose. Else I can try adding new kind of collision channel but probably that system is built in ready.... ?
          Thanks for that big job!.
          WalkingOverrideCollision is if you want different collision while walking in tracked space than while moving with the character Inputs, a second collision channel. Regardless without using the WalkingOverride you can still dictate what the pawn collides with like a normal pawn by changing its collision channel settings.

If you make a new collision channel "PawnWalkingCollision" you can set the override to that channel, basically telling objects to only block you if you are moving with the movement component.

If you NEVER want collision with things, it would be best to change the floor to its own channel and have the pawns capsule overlap everything else instead of block them.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you for fast reply, tomorrow I'll try to set it up. I haven't much experience with collision yet.

Comment

Compile Error with latest get

Edit: I just realized this is the same error superxcm reported. However, I'm running 4.15.1 and didn't see any mention of why this issue would appear when building for 4.15.1. (Before generating VS project files from .uproject, I checked the Change Engine version drop down and it was defaulted to 4.15)

Edit: Verified the template works flawlessly. It's awesome. Seeing as I just want a pawn that can be affected by gravity and be easier to control, I'll look into to just trying to merge the character from the template over to my project.

Followed the VS setup tutorial for UE4 linked in the How To

Added a new C++ empty class with the default name "MyClass".

Saved the project and closed it.

Cloned the repository 15 minutes ago (so it's at latest) to "VRExpansionPlugin" folder in C:\Users\myname\Documents\Unreal Projects\myproject\Plugins.

Removed the entire Intermediate folder from my project - tried with and without this step; result was the same.

Right Clicked on myproject.uproject (in C:\Users\myname\Documents\Unreal Projects\myproject\) and selected "Generate Visual Studio project files"

Double Clicked myproject.sln

In VS2015 selected Build > Build Solution

Got the following error:
              1>------ ビルド開始: プロジェクト:UE4, 構成:BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
              2>------ ビルド開始: プロジェクト:myproject, 構成evelopment_Editor x64 ------
              2> Creating makefile for myprojectEditor (no existing makefile)
              2> Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
              2> Parsing headers for myprojectEditor
              2> Running UnrealHeaderTool "C:\Users\myname\Documents\Unreal Projects\myproject\myproject.uproject" "C:\Users\myname\Documents\Unreal Projects\myproject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\myprojectEditor\Development\myprojectEditor.uhtmanifest" -LogCmds="loginit warning, logexit warning, logdatabase error" -Unattended -WarningsAsErrors -installed
              2>C:/Users/myname/Documents/Unreal Projects/myproject/Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/VRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(47): error : Invalid BlueprintType enum base - currently only uint8 supported
              2>EXEC : error : UnrealHeaderTool failed for target 'myprojectEditor' (platform: Win64, module info: C:\Users\myname\Documents\Unreal Projects\myproject\Intermediate\Build\Win64\myprojectEditor\Development\myprojectEditor.uhtmanifest, exit code: OtherCompilationError (5)).
              2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(41,5): error MSB3075: コマンド ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\4.15\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat" myprojectEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\myname\Documents\Unreal Projects\myproject\myproject.uproject" -waitmutex" はコード 5 で終了しました。このコマンドを実行するための十分な権限があるか確認してください。
              ========== ビルド: 1 正常終了、1 失敗、0 更新不要、0 スキップ ==========

Anyone know what I may have done wrong?
              Last edited by kusokuso1; 04-06-2017, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Migrating the template characters over to my project failed. For some reason they got stripped of all variables and functions. Event graphs were intact though.

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
                  Migrating the template characters over to my project failed. For some reason they got stripped of all variables and functions. Event graphs were intact though.
                  Shouldn't be "Stripped" is it a different engine version or is the plugin not fully compiled and enabled in that project?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                    WalkingOverrideCollision is if you want different collision while walking in tracked space than while moving with the character Inputs, a second collision channel. Regardless without using the WalkingOverride you can still dictate what the pawn collides with like a normal pawn by changing its collision channel settings.

If you make a new collision channel "PawnWalkingCollision" you can set the override to that channel, basically telling objects to only block you if you are moving with the movement component.

If you NEVER want collision with things, it would be best to change the floor to its own channel and have the pawns capsule overlap everything else instead of block them.
                    I have tried like you comment and something is not working...
                    1) Created a Trace Channel named "PawnWalkingCollision" (default response "Ignore").
                    2) Checked the Preset just for right set up, for example, "BlockAll" everything blocked except "PawnWalkingCollision"
                    3) Activated "Use Walking Collision Override" in the Character and setted up like "PawnWalkingCollision"
                    4) Put a object in scene like "BlockAll" collision type and the Character collides as well...

Another doubt, which is the function of "Body" mesh in the Character? I had removed its collision also and didn't realized any change...

Comment

I have tried like you comment and something is not working...
                      1) Created a Trace Channel named "PawnWalkingCollision" (default response "Ignore").
                      2) Checked the Preset just for right set up, for example, "BlockAll" everything blocked except "PawnWalkingCollision"
                      3) Activated "Use Walking Collision Override" in the Character and setted up like "PawnWalkingCollision"
                      4) Put a object in scene like "BlockAll" collision type and the Character collides as well...

Another doubt, which is the function of "Body" mesh in the Character? I had removed its collision also and didn't realized any change...
                      Not a trace channel, create a Collision channel.

Also the body is for showing how the ParentRelativeAttachment works, it just shows a waist location.

*edit* Actually I just found a bug with the walking override that was introduced in 4.15, i'll release a patch. The floor finding is ignoring my collision settings and causing problems.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 04-07-2017, 08:35 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Not a trace channel, create a Collision channel.

Also the body is for showing how the ParentRelativeAttachment works, it just shows a waist location.
                        If you mean "Object Channel" I have created (Ignore it as well) instead the "Trace" and has same response.

Comment

If you mean "Object Channel" I have created (Ignore it as well) instead the "Trace" and has same response.
                          I just released a new patch for the plugin that will hopefully solve it for you, a problem arose from 4.15 that I didn't notice because it didn't happen when walking through BSP, only when walking through static meshes. I was already working on something else at the time so it wasn't too hard to find the problem area and bring it out with the rest of the fixes.

See below

Pushed new commit to the plugin

Code:
                          Fixes a bWalkingCollisionOverride bug that cropped up in 4.15 where the floor finding function
                          was ignoring it when the character started the frame in penetration. Did not show up on BSP so I didn't notice it before.

Fixes the GripSteamVRTrackedComponent, a new steamvr software update had broke it again.

Now uses the new incoming 4.16 motion controller late update procedure.

Moved all referenced CVARs to right before they are used to stick to engine best practices.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I just released a new patch for the plugin that will hopefully solve it for you, a problem arose from 4.15 that I didn't notice because it didn't happen when walking through BSP, only when walking through static meshes. I was alr
                            [/CODE]
                            Thanks mate I'll try. keep it on that amazing work!

Comment

Shouldn't be "Stripped" is it a different engine version or is the plugin not fully compiled and enabled in that project?
                              Sorry for the laggy response.

The VR projectemplate is 4.15 and so is my project. Sorry I didn't know I had to still fully compile and enable the plugin for my project.

Anyone know why I got that "Invalid BlueprintType enum base - currently only uint8 supported" build error?

I'm guessing I should just wait for the premade plugin once you deem it more "stable". I don't want to waste your valuable time.
                              Last edited by kusokuso1; 04-10-2017, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
                                Sorry for the laggy response.

The VR projectemplate is 4.15 and so is my project. Sorry I didn't know I had to still fully compile and enable the plugin for my project.

Anyone know why I got that "Invalid BlueprintType enum base - currently only uint8 supported" build error?

I'm guessing I should just wait for the premade plugin once you deem it more "stable". I don't want to waste your valuable time.
                                Plugin is "stable" for use I should clarify, but that is different from stable for pre packaging binaries, every time I change something with premade binaries I have to compile out every version of the engines files and upload them. Granted I could just stick to updating them at large updates and weekly intervals instead but then I have to clarify where the current binaries are at as far as patch notes.

At this point I seem to be going long stretches now without having to do a bunch of updates, so I will likely start making binary packages.

Are you TOTALLY sure that you have the latest plugin version in your project by the way? The enum wrong type that you are throwing isn't a correct error as of the 4.15 version of the plugin, that enum is now uint8 like it is supposed to be as of the engine update. I checked in that file an there are only two enums listed there and both are correctly implemented.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X