VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Yup, in the plugins VRExpansion.build.cs file in the array for PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange, add another line with "FLEX".

I don't actually think I can check for a Flex definition because come to think of it the module loading order isn't exactly set in stone, so it will have to be a manual addition by you.

*Edit* I will also note, a quick check over the flex branch shows flex only adding any libraries in windows 32 and windows 64.
    This is truly Mordentral's world and we are just living in it..

you are a genius -- mana from the gods.

Comment

Originally posted by jawnbilletes View Post
      This is truly Mordentral's world and we are just living in it..

you are a genius -- mana from the gods.
      This is not too far from the truth. :-)

Comment

More along the lines of I can see how far behind the other player is seeing what I do
        Consider supporting me on patreon

Weapon Master and VRE Merge TUT

Life Art Studios | Discord | End of Days - VR Zombie Survival

Comment

Yup, in the plugins VRExpansion.build.cs file in the array for PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange, add another line with "FLEX".

I don't actually think I can check for a Flex definition because come to think of it the module loading order isn't exactly set in stone, so it will have to be a manual addition by you.

*Edit* I will also note, a quick check over the flex branch shows flex only adding any libraries in windows 32 and windows 64.
          I can confirm that plugin is working with both Flex 4.14 and 4.15 source builds. You need to however add Flex module just as mordentral said, otherwise it will not compile. Bare in mind that reusing the project/plugin with modified VRExpansion.build.cs with another engine version/build would require you to remove the Flex module.
          VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

Originally posted by Shin_ji View Post
            I can confirm that plugin is working with both Flex 4.14 and 4.15 source builds. You need to however add Flex module just as mordentral said, otherwise it will not compile. Bare in mind that reusing the project/plugin with modified VRExpansion.build.cs with another engine version/build would require you to remove the Flex module.
            I added a commented out "FLEX" to the build file to help people in the future.

My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

and it just stops.
              It takes quite a long time to link. Perhaps 10-15 mins on my i5 at 4.2Ghz and 32GB ram...

Maybe you just need patience? Sorry if this isn't any help.

Comment

Originally posted by IslandPlaya View Post
                It takes quite a long time to link. Perhaps 10-15 mins on my i5 at 4.2Ghz and 32GB ram...

Maybe you just need patience? Sorry if this isn't any help.
                I've been doing some rebuilding of the projects with the plugin on one of the pc's in the office, it took somewhere close to 20 mins. It seems to happen randomly though. That said, leave it be and should build eventually.
                VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

Comment

Very first compile / after project file regeneration or build Clean will take awhile, UE4 pre-generates a PCH file to make later compiles faster but the first one is still low.

The plugin ties into a lot of different modules and so has a lot of dependancies.

I recently optimized headers a bit in the main branch, and an unreleased branch has some further optimizations, but Development Build Editor always takes a long time on first compile.

For plugin dev work I run Debug Build Editor as it compiles many times faster and I also get the complete debug symbols.

*Edit* I will note though that from that log the plugin is finished compiling by that point, its the linker table that is taking so long (makes sense with the pregenerated part of first compiles).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Help!!! Shadering problem with merged scene

Hello! Awesome work! Really like it! I am not very experienced user of UE, so I have a problem that appears after merging my existing scene with VRExpansion template scene. After I opened merged scene all shaders start looking very different compares to my existing scene (all objects look very sharp, especially reflections, planar reflection now have some kind of view distance) I tried to match project rendering settings with my existing scene, but it's don't work.. I also tried to rebuild lightning, but again no changes.

Comment

Hi Mordentral!
                      Thanks for the amazing plugins.
                      I am having issue running the demo project as well as the plugin itself. Building the solution in VS give me always this error :

/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripMotionControllerComponent.h(50) : You cannot use the raw enum name as a type for member variables, instead use TEnumAsByte or a C++11 enum class with an explicit underlying type (currently only uint8 supported).

Using 4.13.
                      Same error trying to install plugin in new project or building your demo project.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Comment

Wrote a huge description of my prob but it got nuked for some reason. Here's a short version.
                        I'm running 4.15.1, and have no c++ code (created by me) in my project.

My newbness is preventing me from properly installing this plugin. Please help!

I don't quite understand Step 1.
                        Cloning repository.
                        I get 6 CD0 errors (about 2d sprites and stuff), and then the editor fails to launch with a Current Engine Incompatible with this plugin error. This is after cloning https://myname@bitbucket.org/mordent...xpansionplugin to C:\Users\username\Documents\Unreal Projects\projectname\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin

Tried extracting this mordentral-vrexpansionplugin-9cb9da6e68c1.zip but it's only 800kb so I'm not sure how I'm to use it.

Thanks for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by danilchernyh View Post

Hello! Awesome work! Really like it! I am not very experienced user of UE, so I have a problem that appears after merging my existing scene with VRExpansion template scene. After I opened merged scene all shaders start looking very different compares to my existing scene (all objects look very sharp, especially reflections, planar reflection now have some kind of view distance) I tried to match project rendering settings with my existing scene, but it's don't work.. I also tried to rebuild lightning, but again no changes.
                          You are doing this backwards, merge the player character over from the template to YOUR project, and adjust as needed. The template settings may not be what you are looking for, also the template is using MSAA and the forward renderer which your original project likely was not due to the differences you are seeing, this also keeps all of your settings intact.

Originally posted by Superxcm View Post
                          Hi Mordentral!
                          Thanks for the amazing plugins.
                          I am having issue running the demo project as well as the plugin itself. Building the solution in VS give me always this error :

/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/GripMotionControllerComponent.h(50) : You cannot use the raw enum name as a type for member variables, instead use TEnumAsByte or a C++11 enum class with an explicit underlying type (currently only uint8 supported).

Using 4.13.
                          Same error trying to install plugin in new project or building your demo project.

Any idea?

Thanks!

4.13 is depreciated for the main plugin branch, and the template project is forced to be on the latest engine version always (due to map incompatibilities backwards).

If you "need" 4.13 for the plugin then go here: https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches

and download the 4.14 version, it is 4.13 / 4.14 compatible. Epic made a large enum change final in 4.15 that makes replicating enums incompatible between 4.13 and 4.15, thus I had to freeze the plugin as it was and continue forward under 4.15.

4.13/4.14 version has some missing features (climbing) but is generally intact. Also most code changes for 4.15 can be ported back to that branch (except the enum and header changes are those are due to engine differences).

Originally posted by kusokuso1 View Post
                          Wrote a huge description of my prob but it got nuked for some reason. Here's a short version.
                          I'm running 4.15.1, and have no c++ code (created by me) in my project.

My newbness is preventing me from properly installing this plugin. Please help!

I don't quite understand Step 1.
                          Cloning repository.
                          I get 6 CD0 errors (about 2d sprites and stuff), and then the editor fails to launch with a Current Engine Incompatible with this plugin error. This is after cloning https://myname@bitbucket.org/mordent...xpansionplugin to C:\Users\username\Documents\Unreal Projects\projectname\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin

Tried extracting this mordentral-vrexpansionplugin-9cb9da6e68c1.zip but it's only 800kb so I'm not sure how I'm to use it.

Thanks for any help!
                          The zip will download smaller than the website shown "repository size", the repository size is the size of all edits and previous versions of the plugin stored. You will need to follow the installation instructions on the repository to get it working (c++ blank class, compile from visual studio, ect), as the binaries are not currently pre-built.

*Edit* Once I get some more features incorporated and fleshed out it is probably time to start pre-compiling binaries for the plugin, but until that time this manual step is required.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 04-06-2017, 08:39 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

You will need to follow the installation instructions on the repository to get it working (c++ blank class, compile from visual studio, ect), as the binaries are not currently pre-built.
                            *Edit* Once I get some more features incorporated and fleshed out it is probably time to start pre-compiling binaries for the plugin, but until that time this manual step is required.
                            Thanks a lot for the response. I apologize for troubling you with my post. Unfortunately, there are still things I'm not clear on; I assure you I'd read the instructions a couple times over before posting.
                            (Believe it or not I've spent a couple hours just trying to make sense of the steps and the bitbucket workflow/interface...)

Afaik I followed those instructions in the same order they were delineated (identical to those in the readme).
                            ①I downloaded (what I now know, thanks to you, to be) the entire repository at https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vrexpansionplugin, and specified to save it in the "Plugins" folder in my existing Project folder (with the exact name specified VRExpansionPlugin). (By default sourcetree set it to all lowercase.)
                            ②I don't have C++ code included so I skipped this step
                            ③In order to create the C++ blank class "in the editor" as specified, I attempted to launch the project but it crashed with the aforementioned errors.

Should I create the C++ blank class before adding the VRExpansionPlugin to the Plugins folder?

My issue is largely due to my inexperience with programming, and bitbucket/git/mercurial repositories. I'm usually pretty good with following instructions.
                            Last edited by kusogaki77; 04-06-2017, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kusogaki77 View Post
                              Thanks a lot for the response. I apologize for troubling you with my post. Unfortunately, there are still things I'm not clear on; I assure you I'd read the instructions a couple times over before posting.
                              (Believe it or not I've spent a couple hours just trying to make sense of the steps and the bitbucket workflow/interface...)

Afaik I followed those instructions in the same order they were delineated (identical to those in the readme).
                              ①I downloaded (what I now know, thanks to you, to be) the entire repository at https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vrexpansionplugin, and specified the "Plugins" in my existing Project folder (with the exact name specified VRExpansionPlugin). By default sourcetree set it to all lowercase.
                              ②I don't have C++ code included so I skipped this step
                              ③In order to create the C++ blank class "in the editor" as specified, I attempted to launch the project but it crashed with the aforementioned errors.

Should I create the C++ blank class before adding the VRExpansionPlugin to the Plugins folder?

My issue is largely due to my inexperience with programming, and bitbucket/git/mercurial repositories. I'm usually pretty good with following instructions.
                              Yeah, just move the plugin out until you have a c++ class created, then move it back in.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yeah, just move the plugin out until you have a c++ class created, then move it back in.
                                Awesome, thanks a lot. Will do! I thought about doing that, actually, but since I know nothing about this stuff, I was worried it might cause some problems later on down the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X