VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Create a filter for climbing in the "Getoverlappingactors" function.
    Did you mean "GetNearestOverlappingObject"? Just making sure that I'm looking at right function :P

I would have an extra question. When in multiplayer client seems to be having problems grapping a gun, as gun collides with player which results gun going all over place around hand (due to collision). Host can grap and move around with gun without problems (gun wont collider with host character), but second player collides with gun (own and another player gun model) which of course makes it hard to hold the gun (as it wiggle around).

Not sure if related, but I changed "Collission Presets" to "pawn", so I could get pain volume working.

Comment

Is it possible to make the fragments of a destructible object grippable? That would be so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by IslandPlaya View Post
        Is it possible to make the fragments of a destructible object grippable? That would be so cool.
        Yeah the physics constraints can technically work on a fragment, but they aren't traced.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeOD View Post
          Did you mean "GetNearestOverlappingObject"? Just making sure that I'm looking at right function :P

I would have an extra question. When in multiplayer client seems to be having problems grapping a gun, as gun collides with player which results gun going all over place around hand (due to collision). Host can grap and move around with gun without problems (gun wont collider with host character), but second player collides with gun (own and another player gun model) which of course makes it hard to hold the gun (as it wiggle around).

Not sure if related, but I changed "Collission Presets" to "pawn", so I could get pain volume working.
          Check collision on the non controller hands. Also the gun is set to ignore the original channel for the player.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am trying the multiplayer functionality but am not having any luck. I am connected to separate steam accounts on both pcs. Each PC can host their own game but whenever I try and join the server whether it's LAN or not, the VR window closes on the client pc and goes to the steam loading screen where you can see the lighthouses.

Does anyone know how to get it to work or have any great articles or tuts they recommend?

Best Regards,

Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by ryan326 View Post
              Hi Everyone,

I am trying the multiplayer functionality but am not having any luck. I am connected to separate steam accounts on both pcs. Each PC can host their own game but whenever I try and join the server whether it's LAN or not, the VR window closes on the client pc and goes to the steam loading screen where you can see the lighthouses.

Does anyone know how to get it to work or have any great articles or tuts they recommend?

Best Regards,

Ryan
              Check this out buddy:
              https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...w-Friends-List
              Outer Planet Studios
              http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Best Regards,

Ryan
                Run it from a shortcut with -log after the target (I assume you are doing this from a packaged build). Tell me what the log says then as far as errors.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I was trying it out in the UE4 Editor... I built the project and it's working. Thanks Mordentral!

Comment

Sorry to trouble you again, since I'm new to Unreal (coming from Unity), learning curve is hitting hard. About disallowing climb, is this right section?

Click image for larger version

Name:	openvr_climb.png
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	1124772

I was trying to look into "Getoverlappingactors" but was unable to find it, is it function already done or should I be creating it?

Check collision on the non controller hands. Also the gun is set to ignore the original channel for the player.
                    Thanks for the tip, will look into that!

Comment

Originally posted by CoffeeOD View Post
                      Sorry to trouble you again, since I'm new to Unreal (coming from Unity), learning curve is hitting hard. About disallowing climb, is this right section?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133419[/ATTACH]

I was trying to look into "Getoverlappingactors" but was unable to find it, is it function already done or should I be creating it?

Thanks for the tip, will look into that!
                      Yeah tie in a check to the object in there, just add a new function and call it there.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I too have noticed the client has problems with the gun in the template level. How do you ensure the client (no player controller) pawn collision is set correctly?
                        Apols in advance if this is a noob question.

Comment

Originally posted by IslandPlaya View Post
                          I too have noticed the client has problems with the gun in the template level. How do you ensure the client (no player controller) pawn collision is set correctly?
                          Apols in advance if this is a noob question.
                          When did you get your copy? I believe that I noticed the gun colliding with the capsule only on client side awhile back and fixed it (don't remember how). It was just a bad collision setting.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

When did you get your copy? I believe that I noticed the gun colliding with the capsule only on client side awhile back and fixed it (don't remember how). It was just a bad collision setting.
                            Ahh, I'm recalling the bug from maybe a few weeks ago. I've not checked with the latest example level. I'll take a look and let you know. You've probably fixed it...
                            Thanks

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get the AI from another project into this project. However I am running into an issue with the AI. They go towards the center of the map instead of the player pawn like the other project had set up. The AI Move To a blackboard key 'Enemy' which is an Object/Actor.

Since this project is set up for multiplayer, how do I get reference to the player controlled pawn? It is no longer Player Pawn 0 due to the multiplayer set up correct?

Click image for larger version

Name:	playerpawn.png
Views:	1
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	1124839

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get the AI from another project into this project. However I am running into an issue with the AI. They go towards the center of the map instead of the player pawn like the other project had set up. The AI Move To a blackboard key 'Enemy' which is an Object/Actor.

Since this project is set up for multiplayer, how do I get reference to the player controlled pawn? It is no longer Player Pawn 0 due to the multiplayer set up correct?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]133671[/ATTACH]
                                That isn't really a question about the plugin, but you want to figure out a way to decide who you want to target (proximity, set player, ect) and on the server side move them there. You can get the current player list from game state or by iterating through player controllers.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X