No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the project to open in 4.15 only but I can't do anything with the project. I am unable to set the gamemode to SteamVR and I get the blueprint error codes and template map error you mentioned I can't open anything. Is there a way to fix it?

Comment

Hey Mordentral. Steam voice works great and your 90,000 tri microphone is looks cool.
      Am having trouble with one Vive client's microphone but just need to tinker with SteamVR or Windows recording settings I think.
      Is it possible to make the voice output play from a specific actor's position? I.e I speak in my mic in a far-away room and my friend hears my voice through a speaker in the ceiling.
      Easy voice chat is a very useful and unexpected bonus of using your code.

Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ryan326 View Post
        I got the project to open in 4.15 only but I can't do anything with the project. I am unable to set the gamemode to SteamVR and I get the blueprint error codes and template map error you mentioned I can't open anything. Is there a way to fix it?
        Then you aren't actually on 4.15 using the vanilla example project. You either changed the plugin that comes with the project or are running not in 4.15.

Re-download the project AS IS, run under 4.15 after compiling, it should be fine.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by IslandPlaya View Post
          Hey Mordentral. Steam voice works great and your 90,000 tri microphone is looks cool.
          Am having trouble with one Vive client's microphone but just need to tinker with SteamVR or Windows recording settings I think.
          Is it possible to make the voice output play from a specific actor's position? I.e I speak in my mic in a far-away room and my friend hears my voice through a speaker in the ceiling.
          Easy voice chat is a very useful and unexpected bonus of using your code.

Many thanks.
          Sadly no, there is no way to access the AudioComponents used by VOIP for subsystems through a plugin currently (everything to do with them is locked in private structures and functions in the voice engine). I have high hopes that post the 4.16 overhaul of the audio engine that they may open this up more but from all presentations I have seen so far they haven't mentioned it (it is constantly asked for by the community).

You can run a custom build of the engine and provide access to the AudioComponentStream array (move it from private to public) or create a generic subsystem function to retrieve that array so you can run audio processing on it. The back end array stores voice information including the audio component reference in a Map with the UniqueNetID as a Key.

*Edit* Thats a free use microphone by the way, which explains the polycount I should probably make my own in something to replace it.
          Last edited by mordentral; 03-14-2017, 02:30 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
            If it works like a typical widget then yes, you just use Epics widget interaction components, the template has an example for base functionality with them.
            I've been using mitchemmc's vr examples which works somewhat but the browser i think makes it difficult to work with in blueprints. I was wondering if you may be able to improve on vr interaction as your plugin seems to go further into the code as far as i can tell. Obviously if you have time it would be a great feature to have for all sorts of vr projects. Maybe you could take a look at mitchemmc's works and see whats possible? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Magneto View Post
              I've been using mitchemmc's vr examples which works somewhat but the browser i think makes it difficult to work with in blueprints. I was wondering if you may be able to improve on vr interaction as your plugin seems to go further into the code as far as i can tell. Obviously if you have time it would be a great feature to have for all sorts of vr projects. Maybe you could take a look at mitchemmc's works and see whats possible? Thanks.
              I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for......a keyboard implementation?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sadly no, there is no way to access the AudioComponents used by VOIP for subsystems through a plugin currently (everything to do with them is locked in private structures and functions in the voice engine). I have high hopes that post the 4.16 overhaul of the audio engine that they may open this up more but from all presentations I have seen so far they haven't mentioned it (it is constantly asked for by the community).

You can run a custom build of the engine and provide access to the AudioComponentStream array (move it from private to public) or create a generic subsystem function to retrieve that array so you can run audio processing on it. The back end array stores voice information including the audio component reference in a Map with the UniqueNetID as a Key.

*Edit* Thats a free use microphone by the way, which explains the polycount I should probably make my own in something to replace it.
                I'll keep an eye on audio developments in future with a view to trying something like this. Thanks for the info. As is, the voice functionality is very welcome.

Comment

I get error codes:
                  C1083
                  C1083
                  C3861
                  MSB3075

And a empty one saying "Failed to produce ""item ""\plugins\VRExpansionpluginVRExpansionplugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll"

When trying to build the project through the "project".sln

I download the zip and extract everything inside the folder "mordentral-vrexpansionplugin-4e05f510c1bf" to project main folder\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin
                  I then add VRExpansionPlugin to PublicDependencyModuleNames on my project build.cs inside the folder source\"projectName"\Project.build.cs
                  And then build the project from the SLN file.

Comment

Originally posted by micaka View Post
                    I get error codes:
                    C1083
                    C1083
                    C3861
                    MSB3075

And a empty one saying "Failed to produce ""item ""\plugins\VRExpansionpluginVRExpansionplugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-VRExpansionPlugin.dll"

When trying to build the project through the "project".sln

I download the zip and extract everything inside the folder "mordentral-vrexpansionplugin-4e05f510c1bf" to project main folder\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin
                    I then add VRExpansionPlugin to PublicDependencyModuleNames on my project build.cs inside the folder source\"projectName"\Project.build.cs
                    And then build the project from the SLN file.
                    C1083 is "cannot file file" which can be thrown from bad includes, i'm going to assume that you are using the wrong engine version / plugin combination as 4.14 - 4.15 had a header file change for the engine.

Otherwise I would have to see the errors themselves, not the codes

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

C1083 is "cannot file file" which can be thrown from bad includes, i'm going to assume that you are using the wrong engine version / plugin combination as 4.14 - 4.15 had a header file change for the engine.

Otherwise I would have to see the errors themselves, not the codes
                      The error says: "Cannot open include file: 'SteamVRPrivate.h': No such file or directory

I am trying the plugin on a new blank project on engine version 4.14.3

Comment

The error says: "Cannot open include file: 'SteamVRPrivate.h': No such file or directory

I am trying the plugin on a new blank project on engine version 4.14.3
                        Yeah you are using the 4.15 version on 4.14, they changed engine header files in .15.

https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre.../?tab=branches

has the 4.14 version, I highly suggest 4.15 though as it has the climbing and some more features.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Oh okey then i understand!

Any other major changes? As i want to use this on a current project which is deep in development and i am only interested in basic functions such as walking in vr with a gamepad joystick and grabbing physic objects

Comment

Oh okey then i understand!

Any other major changes? As i want to use this on a current project which is deep in development and i am only interested in basic functions such as walking in vr with a gamepad joystick and grabbing physic objects
                            Only small bug fixes, honestly any of the 4.15 features / changes can be back ported over if you dig into the commits.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for......a keyboard implementation?
                              I've just updated his content examples again to 4.15. It actually mostly works but there are bugs where it doesn't register a click on some parts of the page where it should. Its good what he's managed to get working but im hoping perhaps you could take a look? I think a web browser is very useful for some projects so hoping you might be able to improve on it.

VR-Content-Examples

Comment

It worked!!!

I tried it with 4.15 and it failed so I updated 4.15.0 to the new 4.15.0. Redid everything and I am now climbing in VR and shizz. Thank you Mordentral!

Comment

Working...
                                X