VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robeastham View Post
    Great! Will try and compile now against P2.

Thanks for getting this working so quickly.
    I actually got it re-worked for async as well (not ideally since I am still supporting 4.12 in it). I will merge the 4.13 branch into main today.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

08/19/2016- Made compatible with 4.13 preview 2 - (still backwards compatible with 4.12.5)

* When compiling for 4.13 the GetModelAndTexture node now uses the OpenVR Async functions, due to this you will have to delay
      and call the node again if it returns AsyncLoading instead of Failure or Success as it is still loading the model,
      the node does not delay itself as I am still supporting 4.12.

* Added some definitions so that the plugin is cross compatible with 4.13, 4.12.5, 4.11.4, eventually I might not be able to
      support all versions and I will have to drop earlier releases (movement component specifically may cause this).

* Added a note to documentation that at some point the GetHMDType() node will be removed as Epic has now added
      their own version of it.

I would still not suggest using 4.13, there are severe performance issues with it currently with VR.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.13 Preview 2 is now fully supported by the plugin after these last changes. It had a crash when joining as a client due a change they made in character movement components.

I intend to get double handed gripping working next, I have been mulling over how best to network them so that it uses the least resources and is the most flexible for the user.

Code:
        08/20/2016- Made some changes for 4.13 and direct Source linking

Fixing missing headers in VRCharacter that was keeping source only builds from directly linking to it.
        Note that it is not recommended by Epic to directly link to source from Plugins, however there is no reason for me to not fix something that was preventing it.

Also changed how VRMovementComponent calls a Console Variable so that it is compatible with both 4.12 and 4.13.
        Epic changed how a console var was implemented in 4.13 and it was causing crashes in multiplayer. Made it 4.12 and 4.13 compatible now.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just uploaded a demo build (will have some bugs, it isn't intended to be stable as it is my test enviroment) for people to get a feel for the plugin if they want to try it without having to implement parts of it themselves.

I intend to release a demo project eventually but it would take a lot of de-coupling of some of my unrelated plugins and things from it first otherwise it wouldn't be usable.

* I forgot to mention, I didn't bind a key to exit, so press ESC to get out of it *
          Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...GRsX1pmU3RCQ3M

Demo Introduction Video

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

awesome plugin ,thank you, and curious how you make the arm animation, could you share the project not only the demo to us?

Comment

Originally posted by thorcxcx View Post
              awesome plugin ,thank you, and curious how you make the arm animation, could you share the project not only the demo to us?
              I mentioned it in the video and in the OP but I have to remove a bunch of things from the demo before others could use it (unreleased plugins, random tests of ideas, ect). I will have an example project eventually but it isn't my highest priority at the moment.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I am trying to package an empty 4.12.5 project with the plugin but I'm receiving these errors:

\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(33): error C2275: 'UReplicatedVRCameraComponent': illegal use of this type as an expression
                \Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(33): error C3861: 'DOREPLIFETIME_CONDITION': identifier not found
                \Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(34): error C2275: 'UReplicatedVRCameraComponent': illegal use of this type as an expression
                \Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(34): error C3861: 'DOREPLIFETIME': identifier not found

Commenting the two lines out creates a successful build but Camera replication is no longer working.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasifall View Post
                  I am trying to package an empty 4.12.5 project with the plugin but I'm receiving these errors:

\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(33): error C2275: 'UReplicatedVRCameraComponent': illegal use of this type as an expression
                  \Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(33): error C3861: 'DOREPLIFETIME_CONDITION': identifier not found
                  \Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(34): error C2275: 'UReplicatedVRCameraComponent': illegal use of this type as an expression
                  \Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp(34): error C3861: 'DOREPLIFETIME': identifier not found

Commenting the two lines out creates a successful build but Camera replication is no longer working.

Any ideas?
                  Yeah sorry, that is my bad. I forgot to add an include in that header. If you are calling the components from code instead of blueprint it is probably not finding a path to the structs.

Add this at the top of ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.cpp
                  #include "Net/UnrealNetwork.h"
                  I'll update the plugin to include that change as well. I haven't tested the plugin fully in direct source access as most of the work is in exposing parts to blueprint.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

This is really awesome! However, I looked through the project and I didn't find a license anywhere. It seems like this plugin is intended to be open source, but currently nobody can legally use this plugin in their own project unless you specify a more permissive license (for example, the MIT license). Anyway, looks great, keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by TacoShank View Post
                      This is really awesome! However, I looked through the project and I didn't find a license anywhere. It seems like this plugin is intended to be open source, but currently nobody can legally use this plugin in their own project unless you specify a more permissive license (for example, the MIT license). Anyway, looks great, keep it up!
                      Yeah you are right, I really hate the "Copywrit by default" system and always forget to license things I do (they start as personal projects).

I like MIT far more than BSD so i'll add a LICENSE.txt to the base directly with the next commit.

Come to think of it I have another plugin that I need to do that to as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello. I can't get this to load on 4.13 Preview 3. I get a "Missing or incompatible modules in VRExpansionPlugin plugin - would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open any assets created using it."

Comment

Originally posted by avinashlobo View Post
                          Hello. I can't get this to load on 4.13 Preview 3. I get a "Missing or incompatible modules in VRExpansionPlugin plugin - would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open any assets created using it."
                          Are you sure you have it in the correct folder layout? I upgraded all of my test projects to 4.13 p3 already.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                            Are you sure you have it in the correct folder layout? I upgraded all of my test projects to 4.13 p3 already.
                            I downloaded the wrong file earlier - the repository from the Downloads tab. I tried the Navigation 4.13 from the Branches tab and it works now.

My apologies, I'm not a developer, so I'm a bit slow on the uptake over here.

Comment

Originally posted by avinashlobo View Post
                              I downloaded the wrong file earlier - the repository from the Downloads tab. I tried the Navigation 4.13 from the Branches tab and it works now.

My apologies, I'm not a developer, so I'm a bit slow on the uptake over here.
                              No you got the correct file, it just needed recompiled for 4.13 as that branch is 4.12.5 currently. The navigation 4.13 branch is a work in progress and might not be totally stable (although the feature it adds is pretty neat).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                                No you got the correct file, it just needed recompiled for 4.13 as that branch is 4.12.5 currently. The navigation 4.13 branch is a work in progress and might not be totally stable (although the feature it adds is pretty neat).
                                Thank you. I have no idea how to recompile the plugin, so I guess it's the bleeding edge for me with the naviation 4.13 branch. Alternatively, if you could guide me here, I'd be very grateful. I tried Googling without much success.

Comment

Working...
                                X