VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Just pull out a line from locker door and search in the context menu for VRGripInterfaceSettings, it doesn't require an actor, its referencing the one in the object and you just pulled the one for the actor instead of for the component so it expects the actor.
    Thank you for your time on this, I got it working. Still a little fresh to blueprints, looking for some good training vids to get upto speed faster. Any way here is the result.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DenyGripping-Complete.png
Views:	1
Size:	243.0 KB
ID:	1124031

Comment

Hey, quick question. I am using your potion blueprint and using it for a champagne bottle you can "pop". I imported the mesh and have imported an animated fluid sim using MS_SequencePainter_SequenceFlipbook. So far it works great, I can pick up the bottle and "uncork" it, and the fluid sim loops forever. BUT I want to be able to trigger the animation when I remove the "stopper" have the fluid sim come out of the bottle and then stop.. Do you have any suggestions as to how to go about this?

I just started using unreal a couple of weeks ago and have been looking everywhere, this isn't necessarily a question about your plugin (which is fantastic!) but Any help anybody can provide would be really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by jawnbilletes View Post
        Hey, quick question. I am using your potion blueprint and using it for a champagne bottle you can "pop". I imported the mesh and have imported an animated fluid sim using MS_SequencePainter_SequenceFlipbook. So far it works great, I can pick up the bottle and "uncork" it, and the fluid sim loops forever. BUT I want to be able to trigger the animation when I remove the "stopper" have the fluid sim come out of the bottle and then stop.. Do you have any suggestions as to how to go about this?

I just started using unreal a couple of weeks ago and have been looking everywhere, this isn't necessarily a question about your plugin (which is fantastic!) but Any help anybody can provide would be really appreciated.
        For the record the potion was a one off example, it isn't the cleanest way to achieve that, but you can trigger a particle system when the "OnChildGrip" event is triggered if the child is the cork (on the first time it is removed).

Thats why the actor AND the components have the interface seperately, the actor can use the events to manage behavior of the components and each component on its own can have scripting for what happens when events are thrown.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

So, I've got a build of the example project compiled and I've run it on two machines on the same network here in the office, but I can't figure out how to get either computer to view a hosted game from the either. Is there a proper walk-through on this or am I just missing something simple such as some console commands I need to enter such as manually entering the other's IP? I haven't touched advanced sessions before and was a little unsure of what to do next.

Also, am I correct that I can't test multiplayer on the same machine and always need two machines?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by pixelvspixel View Post
            So, I've got a build of the example project compiled and I've run it on two machines on the same network here in the office, but I can't figure out how to get either computer to view a hosted game from the either. Is there a proper walk-through on this or am I just missing something simple such as some console commands I need to enter such as manually entering the other's IP? I haven't touched advanced sessions before and was a little unsure of what to do next.

Also, am I correct that I can't test multiplayer on the same machine and always need two machines?

Thanks!
            Its steam by default (for remote testing) so if it is two computers it will expect them to be on steam accounts. If you go in to the 3D Widget for the hosting you can check UseLan on the create and join session nodes and it will work through lan. Might have to turn defaultsubsytem=Null in the defaultengine.ini config file though. I'll probably add a check box on the widget to control this soon.

Same machine multiplayer doesn't really work well with VR in this engine at the moment, the engine currently tries to connect to SteamVR no matter what and doesn't play nice with multiple instances. Things can be tested with FPS derived pawns though in the editor and then fully tested later in headset.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Can someone help me get the template to work?

This is what happens: (following the readme)

1. Download and extract Unreal Project
              2. Right clicked and set version to 4.14
              3. Right click and generate visual studio file
              4. Opened VRExpPluginExample.sln (with Visual Studio Community 2015)
              5. Clicked Build Solution
              6. ERROR
              Click image for larger version

Name:	13.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1124163

Trying to run the Unreal project after that gives me the error:
              VRExpPluginExample could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.

What did I do wrong?

Edit: After 2 hours of tweaking with this, I give up. I think it has to do with 4.15 that is required now. I downloaded 4.15 and tried building in that version, but then it just stalls halfway the build without giving any errors but also without completing the build. I'll wait for now until someone could look into this. Much appreciated.
              Last edited by Sleeper.; 03-01-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

You downloaded the 4.15 version, it replaced

#include "SteamVRPrivatePCH.h" // Need a define in here

With

#include "SteamVRPrivate.h" // Now in here since 4.15

I don't intend to keep separate copies of the template as generally files can be copied back to previous versions from it. The plugin itself has a 4.14 locked branch that can be downloaded but the climbing mode and several other improvements are 4.15 exclusive (though easy to port back, generally just uncomment the PrivatePCH.h's I commented out and it should work in 4.14).

Due to header changes in the engine I split the plugin which means new versions don't support 4.14 without adding the old headers back in, since this header change is permanent I did not want to go in and define every file to include the old headers in older engine versions.

Originally posted by Link_AJ View Post

6. ERROR

What did I do wrong?

Edit: After 2 hours of tweaking with this, I give up. I think it has to do with 4.15 that is required now. I downloaded 4.15 and tried building in that version, but then it just stalls halfway the build without giving any errors but also without completing the build. I'll wait for now until someone could look into this. Much appreciated.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

On my machine it takes about 15 minutes to compile the VRExpansionPlugin (I'm not using the AdvancedSessions plugin right now), so it is possible you just didn't wait long enough. You could check out the Task Manager and see if the MS compiler is still consuming CPU time and if so, it is likely still working on it.

- Dave
                  Latest Demo, Turtle VR: http://www.turtlevr.com
                  Mobile VR Jam 2015 Entry: Circumpaint
                  VR game, Here Come The Dead: http://www.herecomethedead.com/
                  Main web site: http://www.gnometech.com/

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I tried it again with 4.15 and after 22 minutes of seemingly non-activity, it finally finished compiling. Guess I wasn't patient enough

Comment

Originally posted by Gnometech View Post
                      On my machine it takes about 15 minutes to compile the VRExpansionPlugin (I'm not using the AdvancedSessions plugin right now), so it is possible you just didn't wait long enough. You could check out the Task Manager and see if the MS compiler is still consuming CPU time and if so, it is likely still working on it.

- Dave
                      First build will be slow, ones after that should be fast. Also you can run in DebugEditor as well if you REALLY want the compilation to be speedy.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Over the weekend (or tomorrow) I will be splitting the Plugin into two seperate modules, one for the majority of the features, and one for just the OpenVR/SteamVR specific blueprint nodes.

This way the OpenVR/SteamVR nodes can be removed from a project as easily as turning off the secondary module (plugin) in the project settings.

Currently as it links to the OpenVR module by default for windows/mac/linux platforms it will still place the binaries in the packaged directory, this is I assume a problem when trying for compatibility with Oculus Home for PC as they don't allow the OpenVR binaries in uploaded packages.

I just finished doing this for the Sessions Plugin so that it doesn't have to push out the SteamAPI when packaged and it works well, so i'll bring it to this plugin next.

*Edit* This does have the side effect of having to remove SteamVR specific nodes from blueprints when packaging without it, but keeping them as dummy versions doesn't work when doing this.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 03-02-2017, 04:12 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Sounds great!
                          Michael Wentworth-Bell
                          Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                          Melbourne, Australia

Comment

6. ERROR
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]131550[/ATTACH]

What did I do wrong?

Same problem here; I can't figure out how to make it work...

Comment

Originally posted by MonZombo View Post
                              Same problem here; I can't figure out how to make it work...
                              For me the git seems to be broken as well...here is what I did:

1. Download official 4.15 UE.
                              2. Download current VRExpansion master git
                              3. Updated from that into my plugin dir in my games folder
                              4. Cleaned out my project (Intermediates, Saves, Temp, etc)
                              5. Regenerated project files towards 4.15
                              6. Tried compile

I get hundreds of error messages that I dont really understand. Here it goes:

Code:
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingResult': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C2065: 'Type': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C2923: 'TEnumAsByte': 'Type' is not a valid template type argument for parameter 'TEnum'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C4624: 'VRBaseCharacter_eventReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted_Parms': destructor was implicitly defined as deleted because a base class destructor is inaccessible or deleted
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(56): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(56): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(56): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(59): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(59): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(59): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(62): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(62): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(62): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(83): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingResult': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(83): error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'Type'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(85): error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'FAIRequestID'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(92): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingStatus': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(92): error C3646: 'GetMoveStatus': unknown override specifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(92): error C2059: syntax error: '('
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(93): error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingStatus': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2065: 'Type': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2923: 'TEnumAsByte': 'Type' is not a valid template type argument for parameter 'TEnum'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2039: 'GetMoveStatus': is not a member of 'AVRBaseCharacter'
                              2>  game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AVRBaseCharacter'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(88): error C2065: 'Result': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(88): error C2228: left of '.Code' must have class/struct/union
                              2>  game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(88): note: type is 'unknown-type'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(88): error C2660: 'AVRBaseCharacter::ReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted': function does not take 1 arguments
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(114): error C2027: use of undefined type 'UPathFollowingComponent'
                              2>  D:\Programming\Unreal Engine\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/NavMovementComponent.h(19): note: see declaration of 'UPathFollowingComponent'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(114): error C2227: left of '->HasPartialPath' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(131): error C2027: use of undefined type 'UPathFollowingComponent'
                              2>  D:\Programming\Unreal Engine\Epic Games\UE_4.15\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework/NavMovementComponent.h(19): note: see declaration of 'UPathFollowingComponent'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(131): error C2227: left of '->AbortMove' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(131): error C2653: 'FPathFollowingResultFlags': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(131): error C2065: 'MovementStop': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(131): error C2065: 'ForcedScript': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingResult': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C2065: 'Type': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C2923: 'TEnumAsByte': 'Type' is not a valid template type argument for parameter 'TEnum'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(9): error C4624: 'VRBaseCharacter_eventReceiveNavigationMoveCompleted_Parms': destructor was implicitly defined as deleted because a base class destructor is inaccessible or deleted
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(56): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(56): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(56): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(59): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(59): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(59): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(62): error C2143: syntax error: missing ';' before '*'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(62): error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(62): error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(83): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingResult': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(83): error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'Type'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(85): error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'FAIRequestID'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(92): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingStatus': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(92): error C3646: 'GetMoveStatus': unknown override specifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(92): error C2059: syntax error: '('
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(93): error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2653: 'EPathFollowingStatus': is not a class or namespace name
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2065: 'Type': undeclared identifier
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2923: 'TEnumAsByte': 'Type' is not a valid template type argument for parameter 'TEnum'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(12): error C2039: 'GetMoveStatus': is not a member of 'AVRBaseCharacter'
                              2>  game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AVRBaseCharacter'
                              2>game\plugins\vrexpansionplugin\source\vrexpansionplugin\public\VRBaseCharacter.h(10): note: see declaration of 'AVRBaseCharacter'
                              --- snip ---
                              Obviously it looks like he is not finding some declarations, but they are included. And I tried fixing it, but even if I include them it just generates more errors that dont make any sense. So something fundamentally is not working here..

Thx!
                              Last edited by n00854180t; 03-05-2017, 12:28 AM. Reason: code tags

Comment

Im trying edit the template so that you can only climb on certain surfaces, but I'm not having any luck. Is there an easy way to set this up?

Comment

Working...
                                X