X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
      Pushed another patch to both the template and the plugin, left some control booleans true for the VRCharacter that are intended just for the simplecharacter. Sorry to anyone that got instantly sick from the broken neck effect.
      Is this why when I start VR Preview, my pawn is tilted sideways until I teleport and then it straightens up.

It seems like if I am angled down looking at something in the viewport and then I enter VR Preview, my pawn and chaperone boundaries come in angled (Broken Neck?) as well until I teleport and then it straightens out.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_eiger View Post
        Is this why when I start VR Preview, my pawn is tilted sideways until I teleport and then it straightens up.

It seems like if I am angled down looking at something in the viewport and then I enter VR Preview, my pawn and chaperone boundaries come in angled (Broken Neck?) as well until I teleport and then it straightens out.
        No, that wouldn't be why, and I have never seen that before. I assume that you are spawning the character from a spawn point and that it has a rotation correct? I think you are applying an actor rotation to the character which you shouldn't do, teleport with 0 rotation would fix the rotation problem.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

If the actor is a grippable actor then set bDenyGripping to true in the interface properties. If it isn't but still uses the interface just return a boolean from the denygripping function. Either way you can set it dynamically.
          Thanxx, will try it out =)
          Andy Probst
          Head of R&D / VR - Meilenstein Digital GmbH

Comment

...I think I was going to tackle armswing and running in place motion next, I don't really like either of them but they are quick to implement and I know that many do like them (again though, they are a purely blueprint implementation, not really a plugin addition).
            Yes please to the above. I suspect I'm not the only one who'd like to see you cast your wizardry in this area!

Your work is amazingly good. Thank you muchly.

Comment

Another question,

can someone please explain how to get the hand-animation back ?
              I need it urgently and cant figure out how, my try to copy the blueprint functions from the original ue-vr-template does not work at all and i´m afraid to screw up everything in my project =/

A step by step or a vid would be awesome !!

Thanxx

Andy
              Andy Probst
              Head of R&D / VR - Meilenstein Digital GmbH

Comment

The repository doesn't include climbing yet. Am i missing something? also great work man this is a life saver!!

Comment

Originally posted by MoeBadah View Post
                  The repository doesn't include climbing yet. Am i missing something? also great work man this is a life saver!!
                  Its 4.15 Alpha branch only currently, due to the engine header change in 4.15 I split the plugin again (like I had to for 4.12-4.13 due to massive navigation system changes).

I didn't want to keep engine #define checks around for the life of the plugin compiling different code just for 4.14. This normally isn't required, there have just been two major engine base overhauls recently that screwed with version compatibility.

When 4.15 officially releases I am going to merge that alpha branch into the master one. People wanting the climbing system in 4.14 going forward could manually pull in the commits related to it if they wanted to.

You can get seperate downloads for each branch at the following locations

Plugin
                  https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...s?tab=branches

Template
                  https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...s?tab=branches

Originally posted by andyxor View Post
                  Another question,

can someone please explain how to get the hand-animation back ?
                  I need it urgently and cant figure out how, my try to copy the blueprint functions from the original ue-vr-template does not work at all and i´m afraid to screw up everything in my project =/

A step by step or a vid would be awesome !!

Thanxx

Andy
                  You likely need to re-implement overlap detection, I use spheres on the hand, I think the template uses the hands themselves (don't remember)? It shouldn't be too hard to transfer over though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to the plugin and the template for 4.15 alpha branches

Some of these things still need some additional testing, may roll out another commit tonight after I can fully run through them.

Code:
                    Fixed Important bug in DropGrip with the optional velocity variables and their order of use

Added naive Lerped smoothing to motion controller replication, bSmoothReplicatedMotion controls it,
                    should not be used if the expected FPS frame time is smaller or equal to the motion controllers update rate.

Added bReplicateWithoutTracking to use for FPS or testing characters to allow replicating custom controller movements.

Added climbing movement toggle directly into Movement Component, now is injected into FSavedMove and replicated with stored movements
                    this should remove any hitching when moving between climbing or non climbing movement modes as a client.

Removed FBPReplicatedTransform's use of a packed BYTE for replicating controller ROLL, was not accurate enough. Now uses a packed SHORT just like the other two axis's

Added an Unpack() function to FBPReplicatedTransform, used to pre-unpack location / rotation so the new lerp is less CPU costly
                    (at the cost of a FVector / FRotator extra per motion controller in memory).
                    *Edit* Tested, appears to be working fine, I did switch all enums over to the new style in a seperate patch though.
                    Last edited by mordentral; 02-10-2017, 09:35 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

hi Mordentral, first of all many thanks for your fantastic plugin.

I'm trying to animate my full body skmesh not only when player moves using motion controller dpad (full locomotion - works fine), but also whenever player is moving on his roomscale space... camera and mesh are locked together so I can't use add movement input to animate my mesh.
                      Any smart ideas?
                      thanks again
                      c.

Comment

Originally posted by Curs0 View Post
                        hi Mordentral, first of all many thanks for your fantastic plugin.

I'm trying to animate my full body skmesh not only when player moves using motion controller dpad (full locomotion - works fine), but also whenever player is moving on his roomscale space... camera and mesh are locked together so I can't use add movement input to animate my mesh.
                        Any smart ideas?
                        thanks again
                        c.
                        Drive the animation graph off of the velocity of a parent relative attachment or the HMD itself then instead of the input vector.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just looking at how to install this. I think the plugin is at this repo?: https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...n/wiki/browse/

Not following this part:
                          "If you do not have c++ code, use the Add New button in the editor and add a blank c++ class to your project".

Do I create an empty blank class?

Could someone please give details on how to set it up?

Comment

Originally posted by superme2015 View Post
                            Just looking at how to install this. I think the plugin is at this repo?: https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...n/wiki/browse/

Not following this part:
                            "If you do not have c++ code, use the Add New button in the editor and add a blank c++ class to your project".

Do I create an empty blank class?

Could someone please give details on how to set it up?
                            Yes create an empty blank class, it will then give you a solution file to compile the project with.

Without pre-compiling all of the binaries and installing in the engine directory (not willing to do this myself while doing lots of work on the plugin) this is sadly a requirement.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Did the second multiplayer test today after fixing some things on Thurs and Fri.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello,
                                I used the plugin but there is no hand animation. How can I get animation on the hands? Is there a simple trick?

Comment

Working...
                                X