X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work, this looks excellent
    http://flydreamdev.com/

Comment

Here is a project that is being created with the VRExpansionPlugin. Huge thanks Mordentral for the incredible plugin - there's such a huge amount of effort put into it, and it is released freely with Unreal VR developers worldwide. Much appreciated! I have put a credit to you and the plugin on the video below and it's website.

Michael Wentworth-Bell
      Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
      Melbourne, Australia

Comment

Originally posted by michaelwbell View Post
        Here is a project that is being created with the VRExpansionPlugin. Huge thanks Mordentral for the incredible plugin - there's such a huge amount of effort put into it, and it is released freely with Unreal VR developers worldwide. Much appreciated! I have put a credit to you and the plugin on the video below and it's website.

Looking good, hope you add some rappelling / ceiling climbing mechanics like the old splinter cells

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok so I wasn't "entirely" happy with the climbing system yet and made some blueprint changes, video is a little less coherent than normal due to being sick...

I'll move on to something else now.

Last edited by mordentral; 02-06-2017, 09:03 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

For some reason the plugin is completely ignoring what settings I use for a Grippable static Mesh actor in the VRGrip Interface settings. I set the Grip types to whatever and once I grip the actor with GripObjectByInterface or GripActor and read the SlotGripType its always setting it to Sweep with Physics.. Any idea why this might be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by zale90 View Post
              For some reason the plugin is completely ignoring what settings I use for a Grippable static Mesh actor in the VRGrip Interface settings. I set the Grip types to whatever and once I grip the actor with GripObjectByInterface or GripActor and read the SlotGripType its always setting it to Sweep with Physics.. Any idea why this might be happening?
              Nope, shouldn't happen at all unless you are passing in the wrong thing, are you sure you aren't passing in the component and not the actor?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Climbing seems pretty much done. Great work. Is there anything else you are planning on adding to the plugin? Other than really game specific stuff I can't think of anything "general" you haven't covered. Maybe Flying or webslinging (grapplehook)? Those might be too game specific though.

Where do you plan on going from here?
                Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner
                Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRedfoxx777
                Weapon Master VR Tutorial Stream Every Monday 2:30pm to 5pm CST.https://www.twitch.tv/redfoxx777
                Assets:
                Weapon Master VR

Comment

Originally posted by OneShotGG View Post
                  Climbing seems pretty much done. Great work. Is there anything else you are planning on adding to the plugin? Other than really game specific stuff I can't think of anything "general" you haven't covered. Maybe Flying or webslinging (grapplehook)? Those might be too game specific though.

Where do you plan on going from here?
                  The default flying movement works fine so I don't really need to touch it. Webslinging / grapple would be fun, and would actually use the climbing movement mode I think so its something to consider.

I think I was going to tackle armswing and running in place motion next, I don't really like either of them but they are quick to implement and I know that many do like them (again though, they are a purely blueprint implementation, not really a plugin addition).

Other than that i'm starting to run out of things to add Most of the things left are just gameplay concepts, not really related to the plugin itself.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 02-07-2017, 03:05 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a commit to the template and plugin for the 4.15 alpha branch (this will break projects but is a simple fix)

Code:
                    Made base characters and base movement components hold more of the logic for the VR characters

This change allows blueprint characters to be abstract between VRChar and SimpleVRChar and switch between the two (so that I don't have to duplicate nodes and code
                    between the two base classes).

It also causes less code duplication and clarifies class roles more.

This change moves the VRForwardVector / Right / Location functions into the character itself for the VRCharacter, like the simple character already had it.
                    This lets me develop features entirely using the VRCharacter, and simple duplicating it and reparenting to the simple character everything should work, it was too tiresome to duplicate code changes between the two manually. It also makes more overall sense and makes it easier for people to change between them if they decide to.

*Projects using the VRCharacter will need to pull VR forward/right/up/location vectors from the character itself now instead of the root component. Everything else should just work*

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi,

just a quick question as i´m working on something right now using your great plugin.
                      How can i "deny-gripping" one mesh when another mesh (wich is a child from the first one) is moving in my scene ?

Thanxx alot =)
                      Andy Probst
                      Head of R&D / VR - Meilenstein Digital GmbH

Comment

Originally posted by andyxor View Post
                        Hi,

just a quick question as i´m working on something right now using your great plugin.
                        How can i "deny-gripping" one mesh when another mesh (wich is a child from the first one) is moving in my scene ?

Thanxx alot =)
                        If the actor is a grippable actor then set bDenyGripping to true in the interface properties. If it isn't but still uses the interface just return a boolean from the denygripping function. Either way you can set it dynamically.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed another patch to both the template and the plugin, left some control booleans true for the VRCharacter that are intended just for the simplecharacter. Sorry to anyone that got instantly sick from the broken neck effect.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                            Nope, shouldn't happen at all unless you are passing in the wrong thing, are you sure you aren't passing in the component and not the actor?
                            Its definitely the Actor.
                            I have an Actor thats a child Blueprint of the Grippable Static Mesh Actor, lets call it "Item" for now. Before grabbing it I cast it to a Grippable Static mesh Actor, then I use the GrabActor function(or whatever it's called, sorry on my tablet atm) with it as the target and use the Interface Function to get the Grip type information and the Grippable Static Mesh Actor I got from casting my Item.
                            No clue why it's happening.

Comment

Originally posted by zale90 View Post
                              Its definitely the Actor.
                              I have an Actor thats a child Blueprint of the Grippable Static Mesh Actor, lets call it "Item" for now. Before grabbing it I cast it to a Grippable Static mesh Actor, then I use the GrabActor function(or whatever it's called, sorry on my tablet atm) with it as the target and use the Interface Function to get the Grip type information and the Grippable Static Mesh Actor I got from casting my Item.
                              No clue why it's happening.
                              Hmm, do me a favor and don't cast it and pass it in, let me know if it works. Sounds like the cast is re-initializing the vrinterface struct somehow.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Played around with a server browser to test multiplayer with in the template will upload to the 4.15 alpha template tonight, it WILL be buggy due to rushing through implementing it.

This is an un-edited template, just with a server browser to load into servers with. Most of the objects aren't currently set to replicate movement so they will be un-sync'd with the server to the client (including the moving climbing wall). But it can be polished from here.

This was about an hours worth of work (only spent on the server browser really) don't take it as an indication of what it will be like eventually as most objects need to be edited to allow for multiplayer.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X