Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Revera Corporation View Post
    Hi mordentral,

Does StopMovementImmediately currently work with the VR Character? I've been trying to use it and I don't believe it works for me.

I'd like to be able to zero out all acceleration (e.g. when teleporting).

This is secondary to everything else you're covering, but would be neat to know.

Thanks!
    There is one on the movement component and one on the character itself, I don't remember off the top of my head which one works correctly with navigation atm

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Malachi93 View Post
      Hello Guys,

Im trying to set up a Slimmed down version of SimpleVRPawn. However, im having some trouble.
      I have parented motion controller meshes to the motion controller components like done in traditional set ups. But when i press play the controllers are moving around on the floor? I can see in the example blueprint even though the hand meshes are parented to motion controllers in the simpleVRActor blueprint viewport, We are spawning the BPTeleportControler blueprint and then attaching those to the capsule within the event graph. Even though this blueprint doesn't have any motion controllers in it? The UE4 eample VR Player blueprint has alot of code that is redundant in terms of my project so i would like to avoid bringing it into my project to spawn from if i could. Is there a way i get the parented meshes to perform as expected without doing this?

Kind Regards
      The default simplevrcharacter also has the meshes directly attached to the controllers, are you sure that both the controllers and the meshes attached to them have their locations set to 0,0,0? As for the teleport controller, that is attached even though there isn't any controllers in it because I wanted to re-use epics teleport code for people used to it, I had to modify it to work with the external controllers, it is only for the template to show how to merge that part of the default template.

Regardless, yes, attaching hand meshs directly to the controllers should work, check their offset locations to make sure that they are set to 0,0,0.

Also if you want a stripped down pawn, you don't actually need the VRExpansionLibrary component, it is just for advanced features of steam vr, it doesn't have anything to do with the basic functions of a pawn.
      Last edited by mordentral; 01-24-2017, 09:15 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you for a very speedy reply!!

Well i can not argue with the man who created the plugin!

It was all set to the defaults so it should all be at 0,0,0 but i shall double check when i get into the office tomorrow morning, I know the meshes were rotated? Does rotation matter? Plus the floor is dynamic so i had to make the capsule block all world dynamic to stop the character from falling through the floor and use changed the object type to of the meshes to vehicle. However, i was getting this problem before i made these changes anyway. I am using 4.14 if that makes a difference as i did notice i got the same result in the example project when i stopped it spawning from the UE4 example map? The meshes went straight to the floor and stopped tracking?

Thank you very much for your help!!

Will double check all my settings tomorrow and post my findings.

Comment

Plus i wanted to recreate your pull door function. It's Great! Im guessing i would need to set up your grab object logic for that aswell?

Comment

Plus i wanted to recreate your pull door function. It's Great! Im guessing i would need to set up your grab object logic for that aswell?
            Well the doors are using physx for interaction so that they behave as naturally as possible, its pretty simple how they work though, they just use the manipulation grip on the controllers.

You could get "close" to the same with a physics handle component instead and manually doing the logic.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello Mordentral,

I have just checked my project and everything is set 0,0,0.

There is nothing in the event graph it is a Vanilla SimpleVRPawn Class with meshes attached to the montion controllers. And im still experiencing the same problem. Please Help
              Last edited by Malachi93; 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry Guys! I got this to work. I had the blueprint set to Controller. DOH!!

Comment

Sorry Guys! I got this to work. I had the blueprint set to Controller. DOH!!
                  Could you do me a big favor and edit your posts to remove the images as they didn't end up having problems in them? Will remove some of the clutter.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi all, i see shadow of the capsule root item only my right eye sometimes. Especially when i bring a PickupCube(or sm else) closely for my face(HDMI). This shadow replaces a cube shadow. How i can fix this?

Comment

Nice job!

Does it include a climbing system?

Comment

Originally posted by Pakyman View Post
                        Nice job!

Does it include a climbing system?
                        It will have a climbing example, soonish. I've been trying to figure out the cleanest way to handle it in multiplayer where d'sync won't happen. Single player you just add an actor offset of the hand motion, multiplayer you need to replicate it alongside the character movement so that the server and client get the same motion updates.

I have it working with a couple of different methods but neither have quite hit where I want yet.

*Edit* for that matter it seems to be almost where i want it to be now, I can probably clamp down on my perfectionism and release it in some sort this weekend.
                        Last edited by mordentral; 01-28-2017, 03:33 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

New commit for the template and the plugin, in 4.15 alpha branches.

Adds in direct replicated movement functions and a basic climbing movement system for the std character (still need to port over to the simple character).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                            New commit for the template and the plugin, in 4.15 alpha branches.

Adds in direct replicated movement functions and a basic climbing movement system for the std character (still need to port over to the simple character).
                            Good stuff man.
                            Heavy Diesel Softworks, LLC - Owner
                            Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheRedfoxx777
                            Weapon Master VR Tutorial Stream Every Monday 2:30pm to 5pm CST.https://www.twitch.tv/redfoxx777
                            Assets:
                            Weapon Master VR

Comment

I'm a bit of a noob but defintely loving this plugin. Trying to figure out how to use this VR Character and get it in the level. I duplicated the SteamVR motion controller pawn and changed the Parent Class to the VRCharacter Pawn (Not sure if this is how you set it up?). I had to change the Auto Posses Player to Player 0, because it wouldn't use the VR Pawn/camera as the start point, but now my hands in VR are offset a bit and I'm not sure how to fix it.

Comment

@mordetral Impressive work so far
                                Last edited by MosPetrov; 02-09-2017, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X