No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason the client side movement stopped working, i can still turn and look around. After packaging and testing with 2 HMD's the view on the client side doesnt respond to input and it doesnt do room tracking.

The controllers aren't tracking as well

I did nothing new but open the project again this morning.

I feel it's somewhere wrong in the Steam_VRPlayerController because no matter what pawn im controlling nothing works.

Server View
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ClientSHow.png
Views:	1
Size:	408.3 KB
ID:	1121882

Client View

Name:	ClientNoShow.png
Size:	329.9 KB
ID:	1121883
    Last edited by Shanowzer; 01-21-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Sounds like you aren't possessing the pawn.......

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

If I run ReturnHMDStatus on owning client it prints (possess) but teleports me to another location

Name:	Printed.png
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1121885

Comment

I can't find why it won't posses anywhere in the player controller

Comment

Originally posted by Shanowzer View Post
            I can't find why it won't posses anywhere in the player controller
            Is it set for auto possess? Teleporting to map point 0,0,0 is when the pawn gets taken away from you (like the server takes it because of auto possess)

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I replicated your stuff from a fresh template. It'll spawn him in with his body attachments but not his controllers attached or movement.

Name:	Body.png
Size:	900.4 KB
ID:	1121888
              (controllers are at relative 0,0,0)

the server sees that the controllers are attached?

Name:	canSeecont.png
Size:	842.8 KB
ID:	1121889
              Last edited by Shanowzer; 01-21-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Well if it worked yesterday...and its not today with the same code setup then its likely to be a steamvr issue.

Is your log throwing any errors out? Images of objects don't really help here.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                  Well if it worked yesterday...and its not today with the same code setup then its likely to be a steamvr issue.

Is your log throwing any errors out? Images of objects don't really help here.
                  Log matches clean version, steamVR isnt being used in this case. It's all simulated with the FPS pawn, doesnt work packaged either. :c

Comment

Originally posted by Shanowzer View Post
                    Log matches clean version, steamVR isnt being used in this case. It's all simulated with the FPS pawn, doesnt work packaged either. :c
                    Don't know what to tell you, if the controllers are on the floor then they are being used by your steamVR, but the FPS pawn locks them from that so it should matter (using the FPS pawn right now for testing with my vive plugged in behind me).

Something has to be different from yesterday...

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Was going over some climbing blueprints today, its really quick (sub 10 mins) to do it single player, the problem is properly replicating it (with body collision against walls) in a network environment.

Still deciding how best to handle it.
                      Last edited by mordentral; 01-23-2017, 08:01 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Started adding in direct movement (non velocity non acceleration unit movements on every tick) to the client side replication stack today, should make it possible to work the climbing in to a networked environment while using a character movement component (as well as other effects, leaving it open ended). The problem with just replicating movements over with an RPC is that the server will get things in the wrong order due to movement queuing and rollback the client without this.

4.15 alpha branch has it completed for the simple character, the other one will take a little bit longer as I wasn't already injecting direct movements into its replication.

Still not sure how I would want to approach hand location in the real world vs in the game world when in contact with surfaces (or if I should even support full body collision with climbing at all).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                          Started adding in direct movement (non velocity non acceleration unit movements on every tick) to the client side replication stack today, should make it possible to work the climbing in to a networked environment while using a character movement component (as well as other effects, leaving it open ended). The problem with just replicating movements over with an RPC is that the server will get things in the wrong order due to movement queuing and rollback the client without this.

4.15 alpha branch has it completed for the simple character, the other one will take a little bit longer as I wasn't already injecting direct movements into its replication.

Still not sure how I would want to approach hand location in the real world vs in the game world when in contact with surfaces (or if I should even support full body collision with climbing at all).
                          Awesome!
                          That's an interesting thought. I feel that you won't really need to worry about collision of the hand though.
                          You are tracing to a surface then sticking the hand to that surface essentially. So that trace alleviates the need for that collision. Completely depends on how your climbing system works i guess, how long that trace is Perhaps it breaks immersion for some people, just seems like a whole lot more to do though, heh.
                          With your hands fixed in place like that it also means that the person isn't going to move around within the room space much (not from where they start anyhow), so i'm not particularly sure that sort of detail would be worth while.
                          Outer Planet Studios
                          http://outerplanet.webflow.io/

Comment

Originally posted by gozu View Post
                            Awesome!
                            That's an interesting thought. I feel that you won't really need to worry about collision of the hand though.
                            You are tracing to a surface then sticking the hand to that surface essentially. So that trace alleviates the need for that collision. Completely depends on how your climbing system works i guess, how long that trace is Perhaps it breaks immersion for some people, just seems like a whole lot more to do though, heh.
                            With your hands fixed in place like that it also means that the person isn't going to move around within the room space much (not from where they start anyhow), so i'm not particularly sure that sort of detail would be worth while.
                            I meant having "body" collision with the world while climbing. If you collide with the wall you would need to either push back or black out the view, with the push back method your hands end up not lined up with where they are in the real world anymore since they are "gripped" at a point.

Its not a problem with the normal climbing that everyone is doing where you don't collide with what you are climbing on, I have just been thinking about whether there is a work around or not.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello Guys,

Im trying to set up a Slimmed down version of SimpleVRPawn. However, im having some trouble.
                              I have parented motion controller meshes to the motion controller components like done in traditional set ups. But when i press play the controllers are moving around on the floor? I can see in the example blueprint even though the hand meshes are parented to motion controllers in the simpleVRActor blueprint viewport, We are spawning the BPTeleportControler blueprint and then attaching those to the capsule within the event graph. Even though this blueprint doesn't have any motion controllers in it? The UE4 eample VR Player blueprint has alot of code that is redundant in terms of my project so i would like to avoid bringing it into my project to spawn from if i could. Is there a way i get the parented meshes to perform as expected without doing this?

Kind Regards
                              Last edited by Malachi93; 01-25-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Hi mordentral,

Does StopMovementImmediately currently work with the VR Character? I've been trying to use it and I don't believe it works for me.

I'd like to be able to zero out all acceleration (e.g. when teleporting).

This is secondary to everything else you're covering, but would be neat to know.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X