VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    Well that would trigger "OnDrop" on the held actor if it uses the interface. What are you looking for? An "OnAutoDrop" event on the controller itself that passes the object to drop back in? At that point it would probably be better to turn auto drop off and run your own checks, auto drop is just there for convenience.

By the way, for swords I wouldn't suggest using a physics grip, there isn't really a way around there being a slight offset due to the controller and the object being on different threads and if you run swords as a non interactive grip then they will feel attached to the hand instead of floaty.
    More progress

Very helpful with the sword tip! Thanks!

Interestingly enough tho when we teleport our playercharacter (teleporting the swords too) it loses it's on drop->attach to hip function as well.

Comment

sorry if its noob question but I really couldnt find even I spent hours, from where can I change the htc vive controller mesh? I really feel myself stupid because whereever I check, they are alrady set as mannequin mesh. In Vive_PawnCharacter Blueprint there is handMesh component, and both handMesh components alraeady set to mannequin hands. In my world settings, I am using SteamVR_GM on gameMode override, and SteamVR_Player_Controller as PlayerControllerClass. Everywhere the controllers are set to mannequin mesh but on the screen always htc vive's default black controllers... I will be very happy if anyone help me... Or it means I can't change them, I should write my own Blueprint from zero?

Comment

Originally posted by mahlukat View Post
        sorry if its noob question but I really couldnt find even I spent hours, from where can I change the htc vive controller mesh? I really feel myself stupid because whereever I check, they are alrady set as mannequin mesh. In Vive_PawnCharacter Blueprint there is handMesh component, and both handMesh components alraeady set to mannequin hands. In my world settings, I am using SteamVR_GM on gameMode override, and SteamVR_Player_Controller as PlayerControllerClass. Everywhere the controllers are set to mannequin mesh but on the screen always htc vive's default black controllers... I will be very happy if anyone help me... Or it means I can't change them, I should write my own Blueprint from zero?
        Go into the character blueprint and detach the nodes setting the controller model, I have an example of how to pull the models from SteamVR that people use (custom skins, ect) and if it works it overrides the hand models with those.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
          Go into the character blueprint and detach the nodes setting the controller model, I have an example of how to pull the models from SteamVR that people use (custom skins, ect) and if it works it overrides the hand models with those.
          Thank god, thank you for your kind help,

inside the vivepawn character blueprint, inside the comment place "On Possessed - Try and get skinned controllers from Steam", there is a node called "GetVrDeviceModelandTexture" there is a execution "on success". In this node I break the connection of "on success". But with this; it thinks it couldnt found my main controller so it shows hand controller. And hand animations are not working.

Comment

Originally posted by mahlukat View Post
            Thank god, thank you for your kind help,

inside the vivepawn character blueprint, inside the comment place "On Possessed - Try and get skinned controllers from Steam", there is a node called "GetVrDeviceModelandTexture" there is a execution "on success". In this node I break the connection of "on success". But with this; it thinks it couldnt found my main controller so it shows hand controller. And hand animations are not working.
            Just don't call OnPossessed at all, it is only there for the hand skinning.

Also since the template is to show how to use functions of the plugin I don't think I ever went back and added the hand animations back in, others have done so though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just wanted to give a shout out to mordentral for putting this together, it's a huge help to a lot of people including myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr1tlord View Post
                Just wanted to give a shout out to mordentral for putting this together, it's a huge help to a lot of people including myself.
                Glad to hear that

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Pushed a new commit to template and plugin

Code:
                  Fixed Auto drop issue with constraints ignoring actor scale
                  Corrects a reported bug with auto drop and scaled objects.

Also I realized that I had the repository closed to pull requests. Pull requests should now be enabled on the master branch from here forward.

*Edit* I also have some wishlist items I will try to get to this week so expect more updates incoming in the next few days.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yea definitely! Having tons of fun with this plugin. Thanks a lot!

Quick question, Is there a way to limit the VRGrip interface settings/Interaction Max/Min translations to only one direction? So for example if I wanted to open the drawer but only open it not being able to shove it back in again?

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Silpher View Post
                      Yea definitely! Having tons of fun with this plugin. Thanks a lot!

Quick question, Is there a way to limit the VRGrip interface settings/Interaction Max/Min translations to only one direction? So for example if I wanted to open the drawer but only open it not being able to shove it back in again?

Thanks again!
                      Yeah, you can change the values of that struct at any time, if you change members of it and set the min to the current location then it shouldn't be able to be closed again (min is now where it is so it can't move more).

Or if you just want to freeze it, make deny gripping true on it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thanks for the work you have put in!; I've migrated a VRPawn to your collision character. I'm having issues with the Vive_PawnCharacter not working with Ikinema though.. The log files is saying 'Failed to get tracked ID Device'. It has worked intermittantly, but then stopped immediately afterwards. The weird thing is, controllers are tracking and working perfectly, even the grip animations and room-scale wlaking animations work, only arms aren't being followed.

Code:
                        [2017.01.16-13.02.47:946][825]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
                        [2017.01.16-13.02.47:969][825]PIE: Info Play in editor start time for /Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_MotionControllerMap 0.288
                        [2017.01.16-13.02.47:969][825]LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late PlayInEditor Detection: Level '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap:PersistentLevel.MotionControllerMap' with GeneratedClass '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap:PersistentLevel.MotionControllerMap'
                        [2017.01.16-13.02.48:026][826]LogRenderer: Reallocating scene render targets to support 3240x1800 NumSamples 1 (Frame:3962).
                        [2017.01.16-13.02.48:027][826]VRExpansionFunctionLibraryLog:Warning: Couldn't Get Tracked Devices!!
                        [2017.01.16-13.02.55:527][498]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Vive_PawnCharacter_1010]

Comment

Originally posted by Rewirdev View Post
                          Thanks for the work you have put in!; I've migrated a VRPawn to your collision character. I'm having issues with the Vive_PawnCharacter not working with Ikinema though.. The log files is saying 'Failed to get tracked ID Device'. It has worked intermittantly, but then stopped immediately afterwards. The weird thing is, controllers are tracking and working perfectly, even the grip animations and room-scale wlaking animations work, only arms aren't being followed.

Code:
                          [2017.01.16-13.02.47:946][825]LogGameState: Match State Changed from WaitingToStart to InProgress
                          [2017.01.16-13.02.47:969][825]PIE: Info Play in editor start time for /Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/UEDPIE_0_MotionControllerMap 0.288
                          [2017.01.16-13.02.47:969][825]LogBlueprintUserMessages: Late PlayInEditor Detection: Level '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap:PersistentLevel' has LevelScriptBlueprint '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap:PersistentLevel.MotionControllerMap' with GeneratedClass '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap_C' with ClassGeneratedBy '/Game/VirtualRealityBP/Maps/MotionControllerMap.MotionControllerMap:PersistentLevel.MotionControllerMap'
                          [2017.01.16-13.02.48:026][826]LogRenderer: Reallocating scene render targets to support 3240x1800 NumSamples 1 (Frame:3962).
                          [2017.01.16-13.02.48:027][826]VRExpansionFunctionLibraryLog:Warning: Couldn't Get Tracked Devices!!
                          [2017.01.16-13.02.55:527][498]LogBlueprintUserMessages: [Vive_PawnCharacter_1010]
                          So my plugin library can't find the tracked devices, you must be on oculus plugin right and not steamvr? The VRExpansionFunctionLibrary functions for getting the device models only works with Open/SteamVR since it is their function.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Nah shouldn't be, using etc vive and all the normal settings lol.

Comment

Hey there Modentral.

Packaging my game for testing and I get a couple hundred of these errors:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: PCH.VRExpPluginExample.h.cpp
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: Module.VRExpansionPlugin.cpp
                              UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\game\DatedBackups\1.16.17\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(14): error C2007: #define syntax

Know anything about that?

Comment

Originally posted by maki-san View Post
                                Hey there Modentral.

Packaging my game for testing and I get a couple hundred of these errors:

UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: PCH.VRExpPluginExample.h.cpp
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: Module.VRExpansionPlugin.cpp
                                UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UnrealBuildTool: E:\game\DatedBackups\1.16.17\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Inc\VRExpansionPlugin\VRBPDatatypes.generated.h(14): error C2007: #define syntax

Know anything about that?
                                The folder 1.16.17 will throw that I believe, see UE4 answerhub issue: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...re-in-492.html
                                and why they explain not to use file paths that begin with a numeric value. Adding an underscore before the date would probably work.

The bug is being thrown in a "Generated" file which usually means that something went wrong with the unreal build system btw, so looking up the error code and UBT generally arrives at the answer.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X