Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Shanowzer View Post
    is AutoDrop part of the new commit you pushed out? I can't find it in the one back a commit.

    Currently whenever the player drops a key item (one that is spawned in with them, ie sword / gun / something) it attaches back to their hip.

    The problem is that when my player is moving and runs into a wall / swings the weapon too fast it stops grabbing it but doesnt reset it to the hip/socket

    Well that would trigger "OnDrop" on the held actor if it uses the interface. What are you looking for? An "OnAutoDrop" event on the controller itself that passes the object to drop back in? At that point it would probably be better to turn auto drop off and run your own checks, auto drop is just there for convenience.


    By the way, for swords I wouldn't suggest using a physics grip, there isn't really a way around there being a slight offset due to the controller and the object being on different threads and if you run swords as a non interactive grip then they will feel attached to the hand instead of floaty.


    Originally posted by Shin_ji View Post
    Question: has the plugin been tested with grabbing destructible objects ?
    Yeah I picked up some destructed objects before, you have to be able to trace them as they default to the async physics thread I believe.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Pushed a new commit to the plugin and template


      Code:
      Added in auto deletion of physics handles for pending kill objects,
      ensured that grips are removed on pending kill objects.
      
      Still better to manually Drop() an object prior to deleting it. This is a failsafe.


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        I am having the hardest time installing this? Are there any detailed instructions on how to install this plugin into 4.14.1. I read the:

        1. Clone Or Download Zip and extract this repository to a folder named "VRExpansionPlugin" in your "ProjectName/Plugins" directory, create this directory if it is missing.

        2. Add the VRExpansionPlugin to your projects PublicDependencyModuleNames in the projects build.cs if you have c++ code included.

        3. IF you do not have c++ code, use the Add New button in the editor and add a blank c++ class to your project.

        I will offer pre-compiled binaries for all builds as well eventually when the plugin is stable enough for it, but until then installing it in the project instead of the engine is better.


        But for some reason, I get lost at step 2. Please help

        Comment


          If you have C++ code added to your project then just follow step 1 and start your project. It will ask you do you want to build, click yes let it do its stuff and you're done. If you don't have C++ code added then delete the plugin , start your game then add C++. Then start over at step one.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Tír na nÓg Games View Post
            If you have C++ code added to your project then just follow step 1 and start your project. It will ask you do you want to build, click yes let it do its stuff and you're done. If you don't have C++ code added then delete the plugin , start your game then add C++. Then start over at step one.
            When I do step 1. I get an error that says "plugin missing or incompatible modules in VRExpansionPlugin - would you like to disable it? You will no longer be able to open any assets created using it."

            After clicking ok, another message saying

            Plugin 'VRExpansionPlugin' failed to load because module 'VRExpansionPlugi' could not be found. Please ensure the plugin is properly installed, otherwise consider disable the plugin for this project". Then the Unreal Engine does not open. Please advise on how to install this for a block head like me.
            Last edited by Elleclouds; 01-10-2017, 08:13 PM.

            Comment


              Originally posted by mordentral View Post
              Well that would trigger "OnDrop" on the held actor if it uses the interface. What are you looking for? An "OnAutoDrop" event on the controller itself that passes the object to drop back in? At that point it would probably be better to turn auto drop off and run your own checks, auto drop is just there for convenience.


              By the way, for swords I wouldn't suggest using a physics grip, there isn't really a way around there being a slight offset due to the controller and the object being on different threads and if you run swords as a non interactive grip then they will feel attached to the hand instead of floaty.




              Yeah I picked up some destructed objects before, you have to be able to trace them as they default to the async physics thread I believe.
              I'm using your plugin but based on Proteus template hence was wondering if grabbing destructible needs to be set up in a different way than grabbing static meshes.
              VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

              Comment


                How do you install this? Anyone please throw me a bone.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Shin_ji View Post
                  I'm using your plugin but based on Proteus template hence was wondering if grabbing destructible needs to be set up in a different way than grabbing static meshes.
                  Oh....Well it should work the same for that, but the Proteus template is so far behind on plugin updates that not much else is going to be the same for you.

                  Originally posted by Elleclouds View Post
                  How do you install this? Anyone please throw me a bone.
                  It has to be compiled for your engine version after setting up the folder correctly. This is the unfortunate downside to supporting multiple engine versions and being unable to fully host all of the binaries on my subversion system.

                  Launching the editor won't compile a plugin, you'll need to load up the .sln file that was generated with the empty c++ class and hit build at the top.

                  https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ilingProjects/
                  Last edited by mordentral; 01-11-2017, 09:22 AM.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment


                    looks like its working
                    Last edited by Elleclouds; 01-11-2017, 02:47 PM.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post
                      Oh....Well it should work the same for that, but the Proteus template is so far behind on plugin updates that not much else is going to be the same for you.



                      It has to be compiled for your engine version after setting up the folder correctly. This is the unfortunate downside to supporting multiple engine versions and being unable to fully host all of the binaries on my subversion system.

                      Launching the editor won't compile a plugin, you'll need to load up the .sln file that was generated with the empty c++ class and hit build at the top.

                      https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ilingProjects/
                      One last thing, at least for now

                      Is it possible to dynamically change EGripCollisonType on the GripActor function ? I assume I'd need to modify the function in VS in order to do that ?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	gripactor.png
Views:	1
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1121225
                      Last edited by VirtualLilies; 01-12-2017, 06:30 AM.
                      VR/AR Development [Portfolio | YouTube | LinkedIn]

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Shin_ji View Post
                        One last thing, at least for now

                        Is it possible to dynamically change EGripCollisonType on the GripActor function ? I assume I'd need to modify the function in VS in order to do that ?
                        If you mean pass in a new one yes just make a variable out of a BPGripCollisionType struct and pass it in with whatever you want. The newer version of the plugin uses an interface for per object grip type settings, using the older version with proteus's template you could store the grip type on each object and pass that in if you desired.



                        However, if you mean change the grip after the object has already been gripped without "dropping" it first, its a quality of life change on my back burner right now, due to specific grips requiring specific object setups to work correctly and most of that setup being done at the time of initial grip it complicates things.

                        I will have to add a new replicated function in to inform remote clients about the change and set appropriate variables.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Pushed a new commit live

                          *Updated template to latest plugin version*


                          Plugin Changes
                          Code:
                          01/12/2017
                          Fixed an issue where damping/stiffness were not replicating for manipulation grips.
                          
                          Set stiffness/damping to always replicate so that they can be used as additional inputs for custom usage.
                          
                          Now detecting if a grips CollisionType or Replication state has been changed on array replication and re-gripping on client side
                          (fixes instant drop/grip situations not being registered client side, also allows for the following).
                          
                          Added SetGripCollisionType node to blueprints to dynamically change which collision type a grip is using.
                          (Should be called server side in network environments).


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Hello! Thank you very much for your project! I use your projects, see a 3DUMG function, I added OpenLevel to the 3DMenu, But can't trigger events, I tried to add Widgetinteraction>PressPinterKey node,but do not know to add in that place, please help me! Thanks again! Forgive my English is not good!

                            Comment


                              Hello! Thank you very much for your project! I use your projects, see a 3DUMG function, I added OpenLevel to the 3DMenu, But can't trigger events, I tried to add Widgetinteraction>PressPinterKey node,but do not know to add in that place, please help me! Thanks again! Forgive my English is not good!

                              Comment


                                Hello! Thank you very much for your project! I use your projects, see a 3DUMG function, I added OpenLevel to the 3DMenu, But can't trigger events, I tried to add Widgetinteraction>PressPinterKey node,but do not know to add in that place, please help me! Thanks again! Forgive my English is not good!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X