VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
    No, if the object is already replicated my plugin checks the array of held objects when it is updated over the network and if it finds a new grip (like if connecting in) then it sets up the grip.

Your issue with instantly spawning and calling grip is that the array of gripped items is probably sent before the actual object is sent over so the client can't actually grip anything.

*Edit* I could technically add a flag and check held items for if they have been processed yet every frame but I think gripping after the replication is better (or spawning the object client side instead for things that don't need to be server side, generally side arms and the like won't need to be).
    Is there any work around for multiplayer games that need the player to spawn with objects already held? E.g. in most multiplayer fps shooters the player respawns with a gun held.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ErrorVRPLugin1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	1120791

Do you know what this error is? Should I be concerned?

Comment

Originally posted by UE4Hobbyist View Post
        Is there any work around for multiplayer games that need the player to spawn with objects already held? E.g. in most multiplayer fps shooters the player respawns with a gun held.
        I mean you can just make sure the item is replicated over first, the main issue is that currently gripping is server authoritative to regulate actions. Calling the grip on client side adds to the currently gripped array which is replicated down from the server.

I have some ideas of improvements to make on my todo list, maybe i'll add a secondary gripped array that doesn't replicate so you can run some logic fully locally. The reason the main array is replicated by the server is to prevent multiple players trying to grip the same thing at the same time and locally picking it up when someone else holds it.

Hmm, in fact i'll probably just do that, add a secondary grip array that only acts locally, could just merge them before processing then. Then you could spawn props locally and grip them in a multiplayer enviroment.
        Last edited by mordentral; 01-01-2017, 11:53 AM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by maki-san View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]123427[/ATTACH]

Do you know what this error is? Should I be concerned?
          Yeah thats an editor issue, I don't remember what causes it, you'll want to check answerhub.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I mean you can just make sure the item is replicated over first, the main issue is that currently gripping is server authoritative to regulate actions. Calling the grip on client side adds to the currently gripped array which is replicated down from the server.

I have some ideas of improvements to make on my todo list, maybe i'll add a secondary gripped array that doesn't replicate so you can run some logic fully locally. The reason the main array is replicated by the server is to prevent multiple players trying to grip the same thing at the same time and locally picking it up when someone else holds it.

Hmm, in fact i'll probably just do that, add a secondary grip array that only acts locally, could just merge them before processing then. Then you could spawn props locally and grip them in a multiplayer enviroment.
            A mixed aproach by allowing local grabbing sounds great. By using a rep notify actor variable each client can perform the grab locally when that actor finally gets replicated.

Comment

Originally posted by UE4Hobbyist View Post
              A mixed aproach by allowing local grabbing sounds great. By using a rep notify actor variable each client can perform the grab locally when that actor finally gets replicated.
              I'll start working on that tomorrow

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey Mordreal, first of all many many thanks for this Plugin !

I unfortunately have a hard time compiling it though, no matter what i try i always end up getting these errors:

1>C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Public\SimpleChar/VRSimpleCharacter.h(68): error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ";" vor "*"
                1>C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Public\SimpleChar/VRSimpleCharacter.h(68): error C4430: Fehlender Typspezifizierer - int wird angenommen. Hinweis: "default-int" wird von C++ nicht unterst├╝tzt.
                1>C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Public\SimpleChar/VRSimpleCharacter.h(68): error C2238: Unerwartete(s) Token vor ";"
                1>C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Public\SimpleChar/VRSimpleCharacter.h(68): error C2143: Syntaxfehler: Es fehlt ";" vor "*"
                1>C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Public\SimpleChar/VRSimpleCharacter.h(68): error C4430: Fehlender Typspezifizierer - int wird angenommen. Hinweis: "default-int" wird von C++ nicht unterst├╝tzt.
                1>C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Public\SimpleChar/VRSimpleCharacter.h(68): error C2238: Unerwartete(s) Token vor ";"
                1>ERROR : UBT error : Failed to produce item: C:\Users\test1\Documents\Unreal Projects\MyProject\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-MyProject-2231.dll

It might be something really simple but i just cant figure it out, im trying for 3 days now and just cant find a solution

Comment

Hi, I noticed that the teleport function only seems to be working from the listen server machine, and not from client only machines.
                  On client only I'm always teleported to the origin.

Just checking if this is expected behavior for the current state of the template before I try to fix it.
                  ( I'm working on a modified copy of the template from 11-30-2016 )

Update: Fixed. This was something broken only in my copy of the template. Issue due to an insufficient navmesh.
                  Last edited by MagicBots; 01-04-2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by alltrueist View Post
                    Hi, I noticed that the teleport function only seems to be working from the listen server machine, and not from client only machines.
                    On client only I'm always teleported to the origin.

Just checking if this is expected behavior for the current state of the template before I try to fix it.
                    ( I'm working on a modified copy of the template from 11-30-2016 )
                    I tested as client in a listen server and teleport worked fine, however I did redo some of the teleport stuff since then I think.

Originally posted by lenne0815 View Post
                    Hey Mordreal, first of all many many thanks for this Plugin !

I unfortunately have a hard time compiling it though, no matter what i try i always end up getting these errors:

*snip*

It might be something really simple but i just cant figure it out, im trying for 3 days now and just cant find a solution
                    Hmm your project isn't picking up the replicated camera as a valid type.

I'll add
                    #include "ReplicatedVRCameraComponent.h"

after
                    #include "ParentRelativeAttachmentComponent.h"

In the header to ensure that it compiles it but it shouldn't be required.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply, im really out of my depth on this one, im unfortunately not even sure if it really doesnt work or if i misjudged it.

This error is thrown while compiling when i go to add new / add c++ / show all / vrsimplecharacter - in that case building fails with the mentioned error. if i just add it via place it turns up and seems to be working correctly now ( it adds the camera and the sphere and i can spawn the vr preview there even though the motion controller do nothing at the moment but i suspect that might fix itself once i watched your videos )

Comment

I fully converted the plugin over to being UObject based today instead of Actor/Component. It was a long time coming after I made the generic uobject grip nodes.

I will need to test it for awhile due to how much was changed for it, hopefully I will have a new build out tomorrow with some improvements, that change, and the local only sided gripping.

When I push it live it WILL require some node changes, I held back on this change for so long because it will require revisions to already working functions, but the plugin is better off with the change made.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey

I still haven't managed to get the small box working.

I have imported the GunBase from your project and didn't change a thing and it just didn't work. Not even sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Here is a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvAXRsuqnQ

Comment

Originally posted by thomja View Post
                            Hey

I still haven't managed to get the small box working.

I have imported the GunBase from your project and didn't change a thing and it just didn't work. Not even sure where to begin troubleshooting.

Here is a video of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfvAXRsuqnQ
                            Is it even attempting to grip it? the likely cause is in the gripping nodes for your character. You can pull a true/false out of the GripObject node and if it fails it will also print to the log why it failed.

First things first I would break on grip object if the passed in object to grip is a component and see if it ever triggers.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I fully converted the plugin over to being UObject based today instead of Actor/Component. It was a long time coming after I made the generic uobject grip nodes.
                              Very exciting!
                              Michael Wentworth-Bell
                              Espire 1: VR Operative: Espire1.com
                              Melbourne, Australia

Comment

mordentral
                                I used your example room ( whit the desk and gun and pot )
                                Wen i add streaming levels ( and stream in a level that has a gun )
                                If i then unload that streaming level ( while holding the gun from that streaming level in my hand )
                                The game crashes

Comment

Working...
                                X