No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physics Grasping hands left hand seems to grab things with an incorrect offset compared to the right hands grasp.. Is this normal? It seemed to happen in the default template too.

Also having an issue where if letting go and grabbing an object in the same frame with the left hand will rotate and scale it down to it's default transforms I believe it's using the controllers transforms., but the right hand keeps the item held in position fine.

What would be the right way to drop only 1 item from multiple items being held in the hand? If I have just one item drop, the grasping hand acts as though it let go of the original held item. What would be the best way to set this up, to let a single item drop from the phys grasping hand, while not breaking the originally held items grasp?

As always, any help is appreciated..

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
      Physics Grasping hands left hand seems to grab things with an incorrect offset compared to the right hands grasp.. Is this normal? It seemed to happen in the default template too.

Also having an issue where if letting go and grabbing an object in the same frame with the left hand will rotate and scale it down to it's default transforms I believe it's using the controllers transforms., but the right hand keeps the item held in position fine.

What would be the right way to drop only 1 item from multiple items being held in the hand? If I have just one item drop, the grasping hand acts as though it let go of the original held item. What would be the best way to set this up, to let a single item drop from the phys grasping hand, while not breaking the originally held items grasp?

As always, any help is appreciated..
      1. I don't remember any left hand offset no, but it is a separate skeleton entirely (since inversed physics are broken), the ideal left hand would be a mirrored and flipped version of the right but I don't have one of those to work with. You may need to adjust the palm sphere a bit, also the gripping animation has some offset to it that is manually removed that the right hand doesn't have. The non physics version should obviously be without the issue, I can't take a hard look at it at the moment without recompiling shaders in 4.25.

2. Dropping and gripping before the lerp back to the hand finishes could be a bad edge case yeah, you may want to delay until the hand has returned to resting before allowing another grip, or not return back for a frame or so. Its not physically possible to drop and grip in the same frame physically so I assume you are manually doing it.

3. Only change animation state when the hand has zero held objects or not the one it curled around, its obviously going to be based on some game logic though depending on which one you actually curled around, you'll need to put in your own logic to handle that, the grasping hands are an example, not a full fledged system, they are intended to be expanded on and be a baseline.
      Last edited by mordentral; 10-26-2020, 08:55 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

DropAndSocket doesnt' have to attach to a socket, you can use one as the target for it if you want though. But yeah it does use that function, the template is setup so that it calls the objects WantsToSocket function and drops and sockets if true.
        Hi there,

Do you have any examples of how to utilise the drop and socket system.

Thank you

Comment

Hands starting farther away is either the tracking not having kicked in yet so they are stuck at zero, or you are using a re-zero'd base with 4.25 and the steamvr module which is bugged currently.

They don't just start further away, but one of the hands can get stuck in the floor as well upon start of game, until I start using the controller input, and then the hand seems to fly back towards me. This is using Grasping Hands, btw, so not sure if there is something to be tweaked when using that mode.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by re-zero'd base with 4.25. I am using 4.25 with SteamVR, of course, though.

Comment

Originally posted by tex-murph View Post

They don't just start further away, but one of the hands can get stuck in the floor as well upon start of game, until I start using the controller input, and then the hand seems to fly back towards me. This is using Grasping Hands, btw, so not sure if there is something to be tweaked when using that mode.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by re-zero'd base with 4.25. I am using 4.25 with SteamVR, of course, though.
            No that entirely sounds like the hand isn't tracking yet in steamvr.
            Originally posted by arzcakes View Post

Hi there,

Do you have any examples of how to utilise the drop and socket system.

Thank you
            Calling DropAndSocketGrip and providing a relative transform to the target parent and a reference to the target parent is all that is required. It will drop the object and attach ti at the given transform. The vive character in the template uses it for anything that returns true and a parent from the RequestsSocketing query.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

So, I'm doing myself a stupid here trying to extend the GrippableActor.h

I'm running the latest template build and trying to figure out how to best implement the great tings in this plugin, however:

I'm getting these error messages:
              Code:
              >Match_Grippable.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual bool __cdecl IGameplayTagAssetInterface::HasAllMatchingGameplayTags(struct FGameplayTagContainer const &)const " (?HasAllMatchingGameplayTags@IGameplayTagAssetInterface@@UEBA_NAEBUFGameplayTagContainer@@@Z)
              2>Match_Grippable.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual bool __cdecl IGameplayTagAssetInterface::HasAllMatchingGameplayTags(struct FGameplayTagContainer const &)const " (?HasAllMatchingGameplayTags@IGameplayTagAssetInterface@@UEBA_NAEBUFGameplayTagContainer@@@Z)
              I've included the needed modules in the build.cs file and fully written out the path for the GrippableActor.h, deleted the binaries, intermediaries and all these things, and rebuilt the VS files.
              Am I just doing this wrong, and these plugins are meant to be used some other way? I'll admit I'm not used to referencing plugins directly, and most of my C++ experience is purely with the standard Unreal codebase.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiken View Post
                So, I'm doing myself a stupid here trying to extend the GrippableActor.h

I'm running the latest template build and trying to figure out how to best implement the great tings in this plugin, however:

I'm getting these error messages:
                Code:
                >Match_Grippable.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual bool __cdecl IGameplayTagAssetInterface::HasAllMatchingGameplayTags(struct FGameplayTagContainer const &)const " (?HasAllMatchingGameplayTags@IGameplayTagAssetInterface@@UEBA_NAEBUFGameplayTagContainer@@@Z)
                2>Match_Grippable.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual bool __cdecl IGameplayTagAssetInterface::HasAllMatchingGameplayTags(struct FGameplayTagContainer const &)const " (?HasAllMatchingGameplayTags@IGameplayTagAssetInterface@@UEBA_NAEBUFGameplayTagContainer@@@Z)
                I've included the needed modules in the build.cs file and fully written out the path for the GrippableActor.h, deleted the binaries, intermediaries and all these things, and rebuilt the VS files.
                Am I just doing this wrong, and these plugins are meant to be used some other way? I'll admit I'm not used to referencing plugins directly, and most of my C++ experience is purely with the standard Unreal codebase.
                The grippables have the GameplayTag interface embedded in them since you can't do it in BP. If you want to make an extension to them you need to include the "GameplayTags" module in your private or public dependency modules list in your build.cs or it will fail to find the function definitions.

Unsure if this is a UBT quirk or not as to why its not linking correctly without manually including that module in references even though the plugin declares it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The grippables have the GameplayTag interface embedded in them since you can't do it in BP. If you want to make an extension to them you need to include the "GameplayTags" module in your private or public dependency modules list in your build.cs or it will fail to find the function definitions.

Unsure if this is a UBT quirk or not as to why its not linking correctly without manually including that module in references even though the plugin declares it.
                  Ah yes, that did it. Tried sticking GameplayTags stuff in the #include, but did not actually think to put them in the build.cs, even though it's obvious in retrospect. Thanks for the assist, and for this extremely useful plugin!

Comment

Added a discord link in the OP, the discord is now public with some private channels for supporters.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm getting a crash on the clients when server destroys session or when server kicks a client.
                      game crashes on all the clients but not on server.

here are the dump files:
                      https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ctZ...ew?usp=sharing

you have any idea why?

Comment

Originally posted by juliusD View Post
                        I'm getting a crash on the clients when server destroys session or when server kicks a client.
                        game crashes on all the clients but not on server.

here are the dump files:
                        https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ctZ...ew?usp=sharing

you have any idea why?
                        Your log shows the error in the VOIP Listener losing its player out from underneath it, destroy that before the actor.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

So I Fixed the Crash when server destroys session, just set all controllers to stop network voice before leaving.
                          But now I have Another Crash happening randomly during play , even if I'm the only one in the listening session. I think the crash happens rarely but when I teleport.
                          here is the crash report :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/153w...ew?usp=sharing

also in the editor, when i run the game it gives me these errors- the "ignore stop request for no user" when I start the game,
                          the "start network voice cant get the voice interface" when i run the start network voice or the stop network voice nodes,
                          and the "device is currently owned by another user" appears when i stop the game in editor.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by juliusD; 11-02-2020, 08:28 AM.

Comment

So I Fixed the Crash when server destroys session, just set all controllers to stop network voice before leaving.
                            But now I have Another Crash happening randomly during play , even if I'm the only one in the listening session. I think the crash happens rarely but when I teleport.
                            here is the crash report :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/153w...ew?usp=sharing

also in the editor, when i run the game it gives me these errors- the "ignore stop request for no user" when I start the game,
                            the "start network voice cant get the voice interface" when i run the start network voice or the stop network voice nodes,
                            and the "device is currently owned by another user" appears when i stop the game in editor.
                            Your error log rar is broken and I can't tell you what you have wrong from the voice interface not loading. You'll have to do some debugging there, this isn't a plugin thing and is an engine issue for you.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

i just download the RAR, its not broken.
                              but here's another link:
                              https://drive.google.com/file/d/170g...ew?usp=sharing

also I'm thinking it IS a plugin issue because it has everything to do with the start network voice and stop network voice nodes, please at least take a look at the log, I'm at my wits end here.
                              Last edited by juliusD; 11-02-2020, 10:17 AM.

Comment

i just download the RAR, its not broken.
                                but here's another link:
                                https://drive.google.com/file/d/170g...ew?usp=sharing

also I'm thinking it IS a plugin issue because it has everything to do with the start network voice and stop network voice nodes, please at least take a look at the log, I'm at my wits end here.
                                Start and stop networked voice calls ENGINE functions, they don't do anything special themselves, I don't have any voice related custom code in any of the plugins that I maintain, its all on Epics end. Your log also doesn't show anything useful to me...its just log spam about voice packets.

I will tell you that historically the engines voip system has been pretty buggy and suffers from being tied into the engines bandwith caps, most users I know of moved to Vivox (fortnite included).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X