VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there,

Not sure if this was already on your radar to fix, but it appears there are a couple of tweaks that can be made to the VRLever (my usecase is a door, so i'm reporting for Z-Axis only here):
    - Using "Set Lever Angle" works fine, but reading out "Get Current Lever Angle" gives the opposite value
    - When using a negative value in "Lever Limit Positive" or "Lever Limit Negative", the Retain Momentum function gives the opposite momentum, so the Lever continues to rotate in the opposite direction

Both easy to work around in BP, but perhaps worth adjusting... If you're not too busy with porting to 4.26 (man, that sounds like a headache with the new Physics Engine!)

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
      Hi there,

Not sure if this was already on your radar to fix, but it appears there are a couple of tweaks that can be made to the VRLever (my usecase is a door, so i'm reporting for Z-Axis only here):
      - Using "Set Lever Angle" works fine, but reading out "Get Current Lever Angle" gives the opposite value
      - When using a negative value in "Lever Limit Positive" or "Lever Limit Negative", the Retain Momentum function gives the opposite momentum, so the Lever continues to rotate in the opposite direction

Both easy to work around in BP, but perhaps worth adjusting... If you're not too busy with porting to 4.26 (man, that sounds like a headache with the new Physics Engine!)

What version are you on / how up to date are you before I look into those? I did some changes related to those sections of the lever not that long ago and it doesn't actually do that for me.

Are you inversely scaling your door or something?
      Last edited by mordentral; 10-09-2020, 03:44 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, in regards to the damping and stiffness of a stabbing constraint for variable stab resistance is the linear limits /soft constraints on the Stab constraint what needs to be edited. I cannot figure it out and changing those values seems to have little effect. You have stated achieving the effect of resistance can be done by adding some dampning to the constraint holding the stabber to the object but I cannot figure it out. Kind Regards.
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	152
Size:	352.6 KB
ID:	1820559 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	147
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	1820560 I took a look to try to find hidden under variable. Not sure i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanzzz1323 View Post
            snip
            Increase the linear X drive damping value

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey,
              Are you consider supporting Pico Neo 2 googles in the future?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

Change the "hidden" variable on them, by default collision shapes don't render but I ticked on their debug drawing to let people visualize how it handles it.
                Could you show me screen shot of where this would be. I tried looking just about everywhere to try to find this and didn't see it. I'm guessing I just missed it somewhere.

Comment

Could you show me screen shot of where this would be. I tried looking just about everywhere to try to find this and didn't see it. I'm guessing I just missed it somewhere.
                  Click on one of them, then in the property window type Hidden in the search bar.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Click on one of them, then in the property window type Hidden in the search bar.

i did try that and it didnt seem to work. Would you know why that might be?

Comment

i did try that and it didnt seem to work. Would you know why that might be?
                      Then you hide the wrong one, if you are using the grasping hands they have their own attached to them.

Originally posted by Warner V View Post
                      Hi there,

Just fixed the SetLeverAngle issue, sorry I had misread your report this weekend.

As for the negative value, whats your use case for setting that to a negative value? I'm specifically clamping it to positive values, if its just makes more sense mentally to you than I can ABS the value so it always turns positive on the back end.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, with the gun tools and a interactive collision with physics grip type ( such as in a base template) seems to take a reasonable amount of ms. Upon profiling most of this seems to come from updating the primitives and updating the overlaps. Is it not a viable grip type to use performantly with the gun tool at this time? Anyone implemented physics firearms that would have a recommendation on how to optimize?

Comment

Originally posted by Nathanielbbb View Post
                          Hello, with the gun tools and a interactive collision with physics grip type ( such as in a base template) seems to take a reasonable amount of ms. Upon profiling most of this seems to come from updating the primitives and updating the overlaps. Is it not a viable grip type to use performantly with the gun tool at this time? Anyone implemented physics firearms that would have a recommendation on how to optimize?
                          That is the physics thread cost of moving the object around, you'll want to manage that by handling how many collidable bodies you have on the gun at the time, it really should never be a major issue unless you are going pretty extreme on component count. For that matter though, you'll get overlap check costs that are hefty regardless of it being a simulating object or not if you are moving it around with lots of full collision components on it.

You can turn off overlaps, manage collision, or merge bodies to help alleviate it, same as on characters where a large portion (or even the majority) of the cpu cost ends up being in physics thread updates.

I'm going to assume that if its actually something that is noticable to you in profiling that you must have a large component count on your weapon and are running full collision instead of query only or something lighter.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 10-13-2020, 09:08 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Then you hide the wrong one, if you are using the grasping hands they have their own attached to them.

Just fixed the SetLeverAngle issue, sorry I had misread your report this weekend.

As for the negative value, whats your use case for setting that to a negative value? I'm specifically clamping it to positive values, if its just makes more sense mentally to you than I can ABS the value so it always turns positive on the back end.
                            Sorry to keep bothing you. Which component is it? I have tried the everything under leftmotioncontroller and rightmotioncontroller. Click image for larger version

Views:	83
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1821987

Comment

Sorry to keep bothing you. Which component is it? I have tried the everything under leftmotioncontroller and rightmotioncontroller. Click image for larger version

Views:	83
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	1821987
                              The GrabSphereLeft / Right are the red spheres, and just setting hidden to them to true hides them....

Make sure if you are testing in first person that its also ticked in the FPS subclass, because it does work....

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The GrabSphereLeft / Right are the red spheres, and just setting hidden to them to true hides them....

Make sure if you are testing in first person that its also ticked in the FPS subclass, because it does work....
                                I've only been working with Vive_Pawn Character. I'm working in first person, and didn't realize this. So to confirm, the FPS_VivePawn Character is a subclass of Vive_Pawn Character that can still have an impact on VivePawn Character?

Comment

Working...
                                X