Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dkoding View Post
    Hi mordentral - new question: I see in the 'Can Object Be Climbed' function in Vive Pawn Character there is a 'Get Collision Response To Channel ECC_GameTraceChannel1' - what is this? I can't find it defined in project settings. The effect is that I can climb on my enemy actor capsules which is super odd and not compatible with the ideas I have for my game :-)
    Sounds like you didn't port the VRTraceChannel, I believe that is supposed to be a check against that. Just override that function though in your subclass and filter however you want for what is climbable and what isn't. You aren't really supposed to use the default implementation as it doesn't really throw much out.
    Originally posted by arzcakes View Post
    Hello,
    Firstly thank you so much for making this free.
    I feel like I am really late to the party lol.

    I am in the midst of creating my first VR game and this plugin is a life saver!

    It is very early days yet, but I would like to send a copy when complete to you for review purposes lol

    Is it ok to ask for tiny bits of guidance here?

    I hope its ok,

    I'm trying to create a weapon holster. So when you find a weapon and pick it up, it activates a sci-fi style holster, so that when you drop it it teleports into a holster. (I've got that bit working)
    The issue I'm having is, I can then re-pickup the weapon again and carry on using it the first time, but then it goes mental. It shoots the floor and disappears lol.

    Any suggestions? I've just deleted it all to start it again but it has happened a number of times now.

    I hope its ok to ask for suggestions here.

    Thanks again
    Sounds like you are physically gripping it, getting it stuck on fire, and it gets enough inpulse that it gets shot out of your hand? Im unsure as I don't know what all you have going on behind the scene here with your gun class.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

      DropAndSocket doesnt' have to attach to a socket, you can use one as the target for it if you want though. But yeah it does use that function, the template is setup so that it calls the objects WantsToSocket function and drops and sockets if true.
      Do you know anywhere that I can find more out about this? I am Stuck lol.
      Thanks for replying on the post quoted, It gives me more avenues to research

      Comment


        Originally posted by arzcakes View Post

        Do you know anywhere that I can find more out about this? I am Stuck lol.
        Thanks for replying on the post quoted, It gives me more avenues to research
        Look at the gunbase on the left hand side in the blueprint editor there is an interface function override for the WantsToSocket function, the object tells the hand on release if it wants to slot into anything. I would SS it for you but I am compiling 4.26 again.

        You can also manually call DropAndSocket to drop it and attach it to anything that you want, the WantsToSocket pathway is just the default OnRelease method.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Hi,
          I want to make a game where you can walk inside of moving vehicles.
          Can I just attach the character to them or need I to keep some things in mind?
          (If it’s already discussed somewhere a link would be appreciated because I can’t find anything helpful)

          Comment


            Originally posted by Queax View Post
            Hi,
            I want to make a game where you can walk inside of moving vehicles.
            Can I just attach the character to them or need I to keep some things in mind?
            (If it’s already discussed somewhere a link would be appreciated because I can’t find anything helpful)
            as long as it can be treated as a movement base than characters should just work for that in walking movement mode.


            Consider supporting me on patreon

            My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

            Comment


              Hey mordentral, sorry to bother you again. Quick question: could my VRGripinterface settings or something else like complex/simple trace to detect overlapping objects on the hands be the cause of a SKELETAL grippable mesh not working for me? I switch it out to a static grippable and it works fine with my setup, but when using the skeletal version I don't even get an overlap detected by my hands. None of my collision settings on the mesh component differ between when it is working and not. Any ideas? Thank you
              Last edited by ZebrahawkActual; 10-07-2020, 12:50 PM.

              Comment


                I was trying to make these hand collisions to not show up in the game view. I tried to hide in game mode and I have it checked off where it is not visible but its still there. how would I fix this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1819569

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Stanzzz1323 View Post
                  I was trying to make these hand collisions to not show up in the game view. I tried to hide in game mode and I have it checked off where it is not visible but its still there. how would I fix this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1819569
                  I'm not the resident expert, but I'll take a stab haha. The least I can do to make up for all my questions.

                  First thoughts:
                  1. If you have this pawn placed in-world as a BP instance, you should delete it and place it again. A lot of times my BP instances don't like changes and will ignore updates to the actual blueprint base.
                  2. If you're using C++, you might have left them set to visible in game in there.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ZebrahawkActual View Post
                    Hey mordentral, sorry to bother you again. Quick question: could my VRGripinterface settings or something else like complex/simple trace to detect overlapping objects on the hands be the cause of a SKELETAL grippable mesh not working for me? I switch it out to a static grippable and it works fine with my setup, but when using the skeletal version I don't even get an overlap detected by my hands. None of my collision settings on the mesh component differ between when it is working and not. Any ideas? Thank you
                    FIXED!

                    I'll post for anyone else having my particular problem: there were a few things working against me (me, myself, and I). My skeletal mesh .fbx had bones too small for it to auto-produce a physics asset upon import so there was nothing for my hands to actually overlap with Secondly, I was testing for the ACTOR I hit with the line trace to see if it had a VR Grip Interface, but I was not using a grippable actor! Instead, I was using a regular actor with a grippable skeletal mesh COMPONENT, so I needed to be checking for the COMPONENT struck by the line-trace to see if it had a Grip Interface.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Stanzzz1323 View Post
                      I was trying to make these hand collisions to not show up in the game view. I tried to hide in game mode and I have it checked off where it is not visible but its still there. how would I fix this? Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1819569
                      Change the "hidden" variable on them, by default collision shapes don't render but I ticked on their debug drawing to let people visualize how it handles it.


                      Consider supporting me on patreon

                      My Open source tools and plugins
                      Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                        Look at the gunbase on the left hand side in the blueprint editor there is an interface function override for the WantsToSocket function, the object tells the hand on release if it wants to slot into anything. I would SS it for you but I am compiling 4.26 again.

                        You can also manually call DropAndSocket to drop it and attach it to anything that you want, the WantsToSocket pathway is just the default OnRelease method.
                        Thank you so much, I dont understand it yet, but I now see where to hunt and learn.

                        Thank you

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by arzcakes View Post

                          Thank you so much, I dont understand it yet, but I now see where to hunt and learn.

                          Thank you
                          My apologies btw, its called RequestsSocketing, I was working off of memory as I was updating my computer at the time.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            How well does VRE work with assets from the Unreal Marketplace that are designed for the stock Unreal VR system, like VR Hands? (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...mmersive-hands)
                            I'm guessing that's more trouble than it's worth, since they're not designed for the VRE framework, but am curious, as I'm just going through the Fall sale right now and seeing if anything would be useful. Thanks!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by tex-murph View Post
                              How well does VRE work with assets from the Unreal Marketplace that are designed for the stock Unreal VR system, like VR Hands? (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...mmersive-hands)
                              I'm guessing that's more trouble than it's worth, since they're not designed for the VRE framework, but am curious, as I'm just going through the Fall sale right now and seeing if anything would be useful. Thanks!
                              It may require some porting if you don't want to use their gripping setup, but everything else should just work out of the box assuming that they designed their pack correctly. VRE is designed so that the heavy stuff is back end, but all of the control of it is front end and directly changeable by the end user, you don't really have any limits on merging other content in to it other than your ability to grasp how to do so.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment


                                Hello mordentral.
                                Again about controllers input smoothing. We want to smooth input when one hand holding object. Now it's jittering a little but constant and holding still with two grips. I found smoothing in GripScripts but it works only when two grips holding object. Tried to override it with our GS but can't figure out how to do this.
                                Thanks.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X