No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi mordentral! First off, thank you so much for providing this resource. It's jumped my development so far forward and I'm very appreciative. You're a saint. I have two quick questions if you don't mind:

1. What constitutes proper crediting according to the MIT license in the context of a UE4 shipped game? I'm wanting to get that right when the time comes, but opinions on the proper way to go about it differ.

2. This is not related to your plugin, but I was wondering if you had any knowledge of HTC Vive touchpads giving a negative output from a touch at the top of the pad, which should be positive.

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ZebrahawkActual View Post
      Hi mordentral! First off, thank you so much for providing this resource. It's jumped my development so far forward and I'm very appreciative. You're a saint. I have two quick questions if you don't mind:

1. What constitutes proper crediting according to the MIT license in the context of a UE4 shipped game? I'm wanting to get that right when the time comes, but opinions on the proper way to go about it differ.

2. This is not related to your plugin, but I was wondering if you had any knowledge of HTC Vive touchpads giving a negative output from a touch at the top of the pad, which should be positive.

Thank you!
      1. Pasting the license literally anywhere in the file system of the end software is good enough, ideally you would have a file where you credit your sourced code from for each so that you don't need a bunch of seperate files. This does not require an in program credit be given, or it to even be easily visible.

2. If you roll all of the way off of the top zone I could see that, but no, I never experienced that back when I used wands still (its been awhile), so it could be down to a new bug or hardware issues with yours.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

1. Pasting the license literally anywhere in the file system of the end software is good enough, ideally you would have a file where you credit your sourced code from for each so that you don't need a bunch of seperate files. This does not require an in program credit be given, or it to even be easily visible.

2. If you roll all of the way off of the top zone I could see that, but no, I never experienced that back when I used wands still (its been awhile), so it could be down to a new bug or hardware issues with yours.
        Sounds good, thanks!

EDIT: Is there a specific iteration of the license I should use that I can get from your website or do I just use the standard one?
        Last edited by ZebrahawkActual; 09-30-2020, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Sounds good, thanks!

EDIT: Is there a specific iteration of the license I should use that I can get from your website or do I just use the standard one?
          The plugin has one packaged with it as a LICENSE.txt file.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

The plugin has one packaged with it as a LICENSE.txt file.
            Got it. Should've caught that. While I'm already bothering you, could you recommend the best component of your VR Character setup to attach a Skeletal Mesh to for the purpose of an IK body/arm set up? I was trying VRRootReference as the parent but wasn't seeing the mesh appear in game. Thank you again.

Comment

Hi, I am having a reoccurring problem with the VR Expansion Plugin. For some reason, the height of all of the vr characters will stop working randomly. The camera then just sits on the floor. I tried recalibrating my headset's height, but that didn't fix it. I didn't change anything in my project to mess anything up as far as I know, so I have no idea why it keeps on happening. Is this a common problem, and is there any way to fix it?

Comment

Got it. Should've caught that. While I'm already bothering you, could you recommend the best component of your VR Character setup to attach a Skeletal Mesh to for the purpose of an IK body/arm set up? I was trying VRRootReference as the parent but wasn't seeing the mesh appear in game. Thank you again.
                Attach it to the ParentRelativeAttachment component, you can toggle on a "floor level" mode on it to have it track at the feet of the player and offset your mesh as you wish.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by GNF_Nyohom View Post
                  Hi, I am having a reoccurring problem with the VR Expansion Plugin. For some reason, the height of all of the vr characters will stop working randomly. The camera then just sits on the floor. I tried recalibrating my headset's height, but that didn't fix it. I didn't change anything in my project to mess anything up as far as I know, so I have no idea why it keeps on happening. Is this a common problem, and is there any way to fix it?
                  That doesn't have anything to do with the plugin itself, the camera auto follows the tracking system. Is the camera not moving at all or is it moving but from the floor height instead of room scale?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by sleepykid View Post
                    Hi,
                    For some reason when I grab a skeletal mesh by a particular bone/collider (using per bone gripping) my hand and skeletal mesh increases in scale. I imagine it'll be to do with attachment and scale snapping. In grasping hand I tried making all the scales not snap and instead keep world but that didn't help.
                    Thanks in advance and for everything else

Are you are the latest template? a couple of weeks after the initial grasping hand merge i changed some logic related to that.
                    Using the latest template I still have these issues. I think it's from an animation which is changing the scale of a bone and then grabbing from that bone. It can be replicated by making a pose for a skeletal mesh that has an increased size for one of the bones, and then grabbing from that bone.

Comment

Originally posted by sleepykid View Post

Using the latest template I still have these issues. I think it's from an animation which is changing the scale of a bone and then grabbing from that bone. It can be replicated by making a pose for a skeletal mesh that has an increased size for one of the bones, and then grabbing from that bone.
                      Mmm, it wasn't the grasping hand, the main gripping logic was registering per bone gripping on a scaled bone as the root object being misscaled.

I just committed a fix for that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey, hope you don't mind giving me a hand again. I've tried to sort this out myself for a couple days and I'm running into a wall with the slotting system. Here's my setup in C++:

Code:
                        IVRGripInterface* GripInterfaceForActor = Cast<IVRGripInterface>(HitResult.GetActor());

if (GripInterfaceForActor)
                        {
                        bool bHadSlotInRangeLocal = true;
                        FTransform SlotTransform;
                        FTransform HitActorTransform = HitActor->GetActorTransform();
                        GripInterfaceForComp->Execute_ClosestGripSlotInRange(HitActor, RightMotionControllerLocation, false, bHadSlotInRangeLocal, SlotTransform, RightMotionController, NAME_None);

FTransform TransformForHadSlot = HitActorTransform.GetRelativeTransform(SlotTransform);
                        FTransform TransformForNoSlot = RightMotionController->ConvertToControllerRelativeTransform(HitActorTransform);

FTransform FinalTransform;
                        if (bHadSlotInRangeLocal)
                        {
                        UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Had slot in range"))
                        FinalTransform = TransformForHadSlot;
                        }

if (!bHadSlotInRangeLocal)
                        {
                        UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Didn't have slot in range"))
                        FinalTransform = TransformForNoSlot;
                        }

// FTransform CompTransform = HitResult.GetComponent()->GetComponentTransform();
                        RightMotionController->GripObjectByInterface(HitResult.GetComponent(), FinalTransform, false);
                        The problem is that when I grip with this code, the object jumps/snaps towards my controller for a split second, then flies away a few meters with physics instead of snapping to my hand. I have a VRGripP1 socket set up on the grippable static mesh, and it's inside a BP based on the GrippableActor class. I wanted to figure this out myself but I thought you might be able to quickly spot my mistake. Thank you!

Comment

Hey, hope you don't mind giving me a hand again. I've tried to sort this out myself for a couple days and I'm running into a wall with the slotting system. Here's my setup in C++:

Code:
                          RightMotionController->GripObjectByInterface(HitResult.GetComponent(), FinalTransform, false);
                          The problem is that when I grip with this code, the object jumps/snaps towards my controller for a split second, then flies away a few meters with physics instead of snapping to my hand. I have a VRGripP1 socket set up on the grippable static mesh, and it's inside a BP based on the GrippableActor class. I wanted to figure this out myself but I thought you might be able to quickly spot my mistake. Thank you!

That quoted snippet should be TRUE for the boolean, its been made into a relative transform so it needs to be listed as already relative, otherwise the gripping function will attempt to make it relative.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Got it. Now I'm having it trip this line of code every time and just grabbing it in the normal offset fashion, still not snapping to the controller:

Code:
                            if (!bHadSlotInRangeLocal) { UE_LOG(LogTemp, Warning, TEXT("Didn't have slot in range")) FinalTransform = TransformForNoSlot; }
                            I have the slot range set in the grippable object's BP to 200 so it's well over far enough to be triggered. Slot Default Grip Type is however set to Interactive Collision With Physics, should that be something else? I'll keep chipping away but if you think of anything else that could be wrong it'd be much appreciated

EDIT: Never mind, my BP instance was overriding it [the pick up range variable PrimarySlotRange. Will leave this up for anyone else having the same problem. Sorry for the mistake! You're the best mordentral
                            Last edited by ZebrahawkActual; 10-03-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Hi mordentral - new question: I see in the 'Can Object Be Climbed' function in Vive Pawn Character there is a 'Get Collision Response To Channel ECC_GameTraceChannel1' - what is this? I can't find it defined in project settings. The effect is that I can climb on my enemy actor capsules which is super odd and not compatible with the ideas I have for my game :-)

Comment

Hello,
                                Firstly thank you so much for making this free.
                                I feel like I am really late to the party lol.

I am in the midst of creating my first VR game and this plugin is a life saver!

It is very early days yet, but I would like to send a copy when complete to you for review purposes lol

Is it ok to ask for tiny bits of guidance here?

I hope its ok,

I'm trying to create a weapon holster. So when you find a weapon and pick it up, it activates a sci-fi style holster, so that when you drop it it teleports into a holster. (I've got that bit working)
                                The issue I'm having is, I can then re-pickup the weapon again and carry on using it the first time, but then it goes mental. It shoots the floor and disappears lol.

Any suggestions? I've just deleted it all to start it again but it has happened a number of times now.

I hope its ok to ask for suggestions here.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                                X