No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible bug, that exists with the templates use of the melee GS.

Cant tell if its my misusing the class or if this has been noted before, but I'm not at my system currently and cant test on a fresh install.

When the melee weapon has 'bOnlyPenetrateWithTwoHands' is set to 'false', penetration acts normally as expected, stabbing works with one hand.
    When two hands grip the blade, penetrate still works.. However now, after the player removes their hand from the weapon, penetration no longer will work with one hand anymore.

Any run into this before?

Thanks again in advanced for any help..

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
      Possible bug, that exists with the templates use of the melee GS.

Cant tell if its my misusing the class or if this has been noted before, but I'm not at my system currently and cant test on a fresh install.

When the melee weapon has 'bOnlyPenetrateWithTwoHands' is set to 'false', penetration acts normally as expected, stabbing works with one hand.
      When two hands grip the blade, penetrate still works.. However now, after the player removes their hand from the weapon, penetration no longer will work with one hand anymore.

Any run into this before?

Thanks again in advanced for any help..
      That shouldn't be the case, its only used in one spot in the code and that is specifically to deny penetration if the bool is true and there is no secondary hand, the bool is checked first so it will be the only check in cases where it is false. It's likely that you have something else going on with stiffness or collision.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

That shouldn't be the case, its only used in one spot in the code and that is specifically to deny penetration if the bool is true and there is no secondary hand, the bool is checked first so it will be the only check in cases where it is false. It's likely that you have something else going on with stiffness or collision.
        Yeah I saw that in the source, its strange to me, cause i didn't change much. Could be the collisions as u mentioned might have gotten changed a bit..

Also could the single grip stiffness be changing after gripping with a second hand? How do the primary and secondary grip stiffnesses work?. I'll have to do some debugging

I'll updste with any findings.

Comment

Yeah I saw that in the source, its strange to me, cause i didn't change much. Could be the collisions as u mentioned might have gotten changed a bit..

Also could the single grip stiffness be changing after gripping with a second hand? How do the primary and secondary grip stiffnesses work?. I'll have to do some debugging

I'll updste with any findings.
          Its based on the settings in the grip script as to what the per hand values are yes, one hand uses the default settings, and two hands uses the per hand settings in the grip script depending on if the hand is front or back

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi @mordentral - Has SetSuspendRendering and SetManualCameraFade stopped working? I'm unable to fade the view during loading. Nothing happens to the camera in either case.

Comment

Originally posted by dkoding View Post
              Hi @mordentral - Has SetSuspendRendering and SetManualCameraFade stopped working? I'm unable to fade the view during loading. Nothing happens to the camera in either case.
              Are you actually in OpenVR or are you in native oculus or OpenXR

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I just patched 4.24+ with a fix for originally scaled meshes with the welded bone driver.

I'll also note that you will need to unsimulate your mesh, set scale, and re-simulate it in order for it to generate the correct collision in the first place if doing this in BP, otherwise the engine doesn't cleanly handle scaling simulating meshes.

In c++ you can force the body to update.
                Hey, thanks for the update and your quick response. I was just able to test this out (we're using BP's) and that fixed my problem!

Comment

Are you actually in OpenVR or are you in native oculus or OpenXR
                  Good question! How would I check that? This used to work but I have switched from Vive to Oculus as a test device recently during development.

Basically, I want a stutter free loading screen to show during level initialization (there is some heavy random level generation occuring). I am a little confused as to how the plugin works with the XR- and Oculus specific library functions? 'Set loading screen/Show loading screen' does not seem to work...
                  Last edited by dkoding; 09-25-2020, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dkoding View Post

Good question! How would I check that? This used to work but I have switched from Vive to Oculus as a test device recently during development.

Basically, I want a stutter free loading screen to show during level initialization (there is some heavy random level generation occuring). I am a little confused as to how the plugin works with the XR- and Oculus specific library functions? 'Set loading screen/Show loading screen' does not seem to work...
                    Oculus will by default load up in the Oculus native module unless you disable it, the functions you are referencing are OpenVR only.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I followed a tutorial that modified the VR Expansion download, I followed it and I was wondering if there is a way to get the teleport on and and the hover movement onto the joy stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanzzz1323 View Post
                        I followed a tutorial that modified the VR Expansion download, I followed it and I was wondering if there is a way to get the teleport on and and the hover movement onto the joy stick.
                        Yeah change the input bindings and set the default movement modes. Everything regardling movement logic is handled in the blueprints for modifiability.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

is this with the default melee actor example? Last I remember stabbing wasn't functional, was there an update? This looks really good
                          Sorry for the late reply, I just downloaded the example map and changed the mesh and settings of the dagger.

Comment

mordentral ok after i move the modes around is there anything else i have to do such as change anything in the begin event section?

Comment

Hi there, would it be possible to merge FPS C++ Template project into the VR Expansion Example project? My goal is to have both VR or non VR Controller in one project.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanzzz1323 View Post
                                mordentral ok after i move the modes around is there anything else i have to do such as change anything in the begin event section?
                                Not if you just want different default movement modes, if you are trying to change the stick to do two things at once though you need to script that yourself. Generally the switchable movement modes are just for testing for people anyway, should drop those off and just have it static which ones are current.
                                Originally posted by SashaHush View Post
                                Hi there, would it be possible to merge FPS C++ Template project into the VR Expansion Example project? My goal is to have both VR or non VR Controller in one project.
                                Yes, I wouldn't see any issues generally, just use different player controllers for non VR / VR or handle the pawn spawning based on in vr or not (like template already does for the FPS testing pawn).

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X