Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by sleepykid View Post
    Hi,
    For some reason when I grab a skeletal mesh by a particular bone/collider (using per bone gripping) my hand and skeletal mesh increases in scale. I imagine it'll be to do with attachment and scale snapping. In grasping hand I tried making all the scales not snap and instead keep world but that didn't help.
    Thanks in advance and for everything else
    Are you are the latest template? a couple of weeks after the initial grasping hand merge i changed some logic related to that.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Hello!

      Such a nice work! I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but how can I download this template into my UE project? I'm totally new to UE (and development).

      Comment


        dsaf
        Originally posted by TheChae View Post
        mordentral

        - first, love your plugin, it is a fantastic amount of work and really helpful.

        I was hoping you could help me figure out a problem I am having deploying to Oculus Quest with UE 4.25.3 and the current master branch of VR Expansion.

        I upgraded a project from 4.24 to 4.25 and everything works fine locally via Oculus Link on PC, however, when packaged to launch on the Quest I get a black screen.
        I have packaged and run a fresh project using the VR template, which is working fine with the same project settings. Adding the VR Expansion plugin and building results in the black screen again, when I remove the VR Expansion plugin the project runs on Quest as expected.

        Is there any special combination of SDK/NDK known to work with 4.25.3?
        Unfortuately I don't get any logcat output when this happens, as though the program is frozen at startup, so I'm at a loss as to exactly what might be causing this.

        Any help is much appreciated.
        I have the same problem, anyone can help me please?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Claudelag View Post
          Hello!

          Such a nice work! I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but how can I download this template into my UE project? I'm totally new to UE (and development).
          You can migrate content yes, but it would requires some specific step ordering if you wanted to use the character (specifically porting the .ini settings over first so that the gameplay tags and trace channel exist when you migrate).

          Originally posted by dalamo View Post
          dsaf

          I have the same problem, anyone can help me please?
          See:
          https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...al-engine-4-25


          Consider supporting me on patreon

          My Open source tools and plugins
          Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

          Comment


            I'm having an issue with the right hand replication on dedicated servers. The hand transform only replicates every 5-10 seconds, or not at all. The left hand works fine. Listen servers works fine. The template map works fine too, but if I migrate the vive pawn into a blank project, the right hand replication does not work. So I'm wondering if anything needs to be set in the project settings for a new project or any other tips? I tried raising the server tick rate to 45 and 60, it didn't help. 4.25.3, tried both the unreal src and binaries, same issue.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Eanir View Post
              I'm having an issue with the right hand replication on dedicated servers. The hand transform only replicates every 5-10 seconds, or not at all. The left hand works fine. Listen servers works fine. The template map works fine too, but if I migrate the vive pawn into a blank project, the right hand replication does not work. So I'm wondering if anything needs to be set in the project settings for a new project or any other tips? I tried raising the server tick rate to 45 and 60, it didn't help. 4.25.3, tried both the unreal src and binaries, same issue.
              The motion controller you mean? Not entirely sure what you are talking about.

              Regardless if its the motion controllers there is no functional difference between how a left / right hand version would work, its the same component with a different tracking source. Granted on dedicated servers you do want the replication rate to be at or below the server tick rate as its wasteful otherwise to send up to the server and the interpolation suffers some, but it wouldn't prevent it from replicating entirely.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Hi. The default template works great, but I was curious if the alternate VR Character Controller "Simple_BaseVRCharacter_NotNetworked" is up to date? Looks like it's using pre 4.24 input mappings possibly, and the older version of Get Gripped Actors before it had function pins. Seems like just using the default "Vive_PawnCharacter" is the way most people work with the project, but figured I'd check. Was thinking of starting off with a simpler base functionality possibly. Thanks!

                Comment


                  Hey all,
                  I have been having some strange issue with the hands and held objects bouncing around while moving, its worse if there's frame rate drops while level streaming. I have tried setting the mass of the held object way down which helps a lot, but doesn't completely resolve the issue... I feel like I am missing something fairly simple here, hands work fine without an object held, or when an object is place on the body. any insight is appreciated.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                    You can migrate content yes, but it would requires some specific step ordering if you wanted to use the character (specifically porting the .ini settings over first so that the gameplay tags and trace channel exist when you migrate).
                    And how can i download it and use it as fresh start off? Is the "binaries" here (https://vreue4.com/binaries) that I must download?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                      Welcome to the plugin, and I have to say, their little play around video there is a better showcase of the plugin / template than any of my gifs or text write ups.
                      Thanks - glad you like it! Feel free to use it as you see fit as a thank you for your work. I may ask them to do an updated one with the cinderblock tug-of-war between 3 people, since that's such a cool moment. But our office is upside down this week with filming a shoot, so I can't promise.

                      A few questions:
                      1. Is this plugin, including all the multiplayer functionality, independent from the Advanced Sessions plugin?
                      2. How do you resolve discrepancies in multiplayer physics for rigid bodies? Aka, my local simulation says the box falls here, you think it's over there. I did some preliminary work on this (https://twitter.com/thegiffman/statu...03196502065153), following Glenn Fiedler's article (https://developer.oculus.com/blog/ne...ity-and-physx/) but it seems quite tricky.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by tex-murph View Post
                        Hi. The default template works great, but I was curious if the alternate VR Character Controller "Simple_BaseVRCharacter_NotNetworked" is up to date? Looks like it's using pre 4.24 input mappings possibly, and the older version of Get Gripped Actors before it had function pins. Seems like just using the default "Vive_PawnCharacter" is the way most people work with the project, but figured I'd check. Was thinking of starting off with a simpler base functionality possibly. Thanks!
                        mmm, yeah actually I thought I had taken that out of the example template already. It was never being used and was a hassle to update alongside the main one so I had dropped it in favor of basic grip tutorials instead.

                        Originally posted by omfgdude2 View Post
                        Hey all,
                        I have been having some strange issue with the hands and held objects bouncing around while moving, its worse if there's frame rate drops while level streaming. I have tried setting the mass of the held object way down which helps a lot, but doesn't completely resolve the issue... I feel like I am missing something fairly simple here, hands work fine without an object held, or when an object is place on the body. any insight is appreciated.
                        The hands attach to the object when you grip it instead of directly to the controller, that way the objects can have per object grip strengths and settings irrespective of the hands constraint. You'll want to adjust the grip settings on the objects themselves.

                        Originally posted by Claudelag View Post

                        And how can i download it and use it as fresh start off? Is the "binaries" here (https://vreue4.com/binaries) that I must download?
                        If you don't want to compile the plugin off of the source directly then yes. I do suggest that people keep source copies and update from time to time as its more up to date than the binaries (which are updated with each number version of an engine version), and also gives you more flexibility in the future when wanting to pull in specific fixes.

                        Originally posted by thegiffman View Post

                        Thanks - glad you like it! Feel free to use it as you see fit as a thank you for your work. I may ask them to do an updated one with the cinderblock tug-of-war between 3 people, since that's such a cool moment. But our office is upside down this week with filming a shoot, so I can't promise.

                        A few questions:
                        1. Is this plugin, including all the multiplayer functionality, independent from the Advanced Sessions plugin?
                        2. How do you resolve discrepancies in multiplayer physics for rigid bodies? Aka, my local simulation says the box falls here, you think it's over there. I did some preliminary work on this (https://twitter.com/thegiffman/statu...03196502065153), following Glenn Fiedler's article (https://developer.oculus.com/blog/ne...ity-and-physx/) but it seems quite tricky.
                        Advanced sessions is just in the template as I made it as well, so might as well use it for the lobby portion, you don't need it at all no.

                        The engine actually handles that itself depending on what mode you use, with client auth if you turn on client authority throwing the client takes ownership of the objects movements post release for a time and then transitions back to the server ( I re-use the physics replication prediction subsystem that ue4 has and inject positional updates from the client to update the server), with server auth the server always handles it post release (causing some hitching on throw based on ping). I do not attempt to group object together based on interactions and who owns the last thing to run into them, that will have many failure cases and is generally far too heavy for what most physicality is used for in VR.

                        In 4.26+ (ue5) chaos will be capable of a fixed rate update and has a lot of built in physics replication framework so things will be a lot better (when its stable, currently no-where near).
                        Last edited by mordentral; 09-21-2020, 08:29 PM.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          Hey mordentral. First, I really appreciate all the work you put into this plugin.

                          We're utilizing your grasping (physical) hands and they're working great!. However, when scaling the skeletal mesh hands up using "SetWorldScale3D", the physical animation colliders become mis-matched with the skeletal mesh.

                          I've tried these two tests on the scaled up hands to no effect:

                          A. Clearing and resetting the BaseBoneNames array in "SetupWeldedBoneDriver"
                          B. Calling "RefreshWeldedBoneDriver"


                          I believe I've narrowed the problem down to the "SetupWeldedBoneDriver" function as calling this on the scaled up hands produces the mis-matched colliders.

                          Do you have any recommendations that would help remedy the problem I'm having?

                          Thanks in advance!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by EngineerDveloper View Post
                            Hey mordentral. First, I really appreciate all the work you put into this plugin.

                            We're utilizing your grasping (physical) hands and they're working great!. However, when scaling the skeletal mesh hands up using "SetWorldScale3D", the physical animation colliders become mis-matched with the skeletal mesh.

                            I've tried these two tests on the scaled up hands to no effect:

                            A. Clearing and resetting the BaseBoneNames array in "SetupWeldedBoneDriver"
                            B. Calling "RefreshWeldedBoneDriver"


                            I believe I've narrowed the problem down to the "SetupWeldedBoneDriver" function as calling this on the scaled up hands produces the mis-matched colliders.

                            Do you have any recommendations that would help remedy the problem I'm having?

                            Thanks in advance!
                            I just patched 4.24+ with a fix for originally scaled meshes with the welded bone driver.

                            I'll also note that you will need to unsimulate your mesh, set scale, and re-simulate it in order for it to generate the correct collision in the first place if doing this in BP, otherwise the engine doesn't cleanly handle scaling simulating meshes.

                            In c++ you can force the body to update.


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Hi,

                              I try to use the plugin, but i have some problems.

                              Im using a oculus quest.

                              In the example map i cant load, i launch in UE4.25 when is loading in my oculus return a message "App can be close" i can launch.

                              With the tutorial examples of plugin, First i implement a scene and it run perfectly(i enter with oculus and i see a floor, the sky,...) , but when i load the puglin into my scene and i check, the app try load and start but only see dark,dont load the scene.

                              I check the sdk and ndk and reinstall with the scpecification for 4.25 but i have the problem again.

                              I'm newbie and sure is a problem of knowledge, but i'm crazy with this.

                              Thanks in advanced.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by dalamo View Post
                                Hi,

                                I try to use the plugin, but i have some problems.

                                Im using a oculus quest.

                                In the example map i cant load, i launch in UE4.25 when is loading in my oculus return a message "App can be close" i can launch.

                                With the tutorial examples of plugin, First i implement a scene and it run perfectly(i enter with oculus and i see a floor, the sky,...) , but when i load the puglin into my scene and i check, the app try load and start but only see dark,dont load the scene.

                                I check the sdk and ndk and reinstall with the scpecification for 4.25 but i have the problem again.

                                I'm newbie and sure is a problem of knowledge, but i'm crazy with this.

                                Thanks in advanced.
                                Check your adb debug log, also you will want to disable the openVR module, even though it compiles out implementations when on android its still better to not have it at all for that.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X