Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The VoiD View Post
    Hello mordentral.
    I wanted to implement this plugin to my project. But I'm using the source version of 4.24 and already added the missing brackets in the sourcecode so the vr hands are not offsetted anymore. Will this interfere with the plugin? Thx in regards!
    Not entirely sure what you are talking about, but generally no, the plugin source is mostly standalone regarding motion controllers.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ue4.24.3 has a bug where the motion controllers position are offsetted by something around meter on the x axis.(forward) The solution that epic suggested was to download the source version of the engine and add 2 missing brackets in the source code. That fixed the bug. But since your plugin is working without problems in this version i thought that maybe you worked around this bug inside the blueprints.

Comment

Ue4.24.3 has a bug where the motion controllers position are offsetted by something around meter on the x axis.(forward) The solution that epic suggested was to download the source version of the engine and add 2 missing brackets in the source code. That fixed the bug. But since your plugin is working without problems in this version i thought that maybe you worked around this bug inside the blueprints.
        I don't use their controllers, I use my own subclasses. I was aware of a ResetOrientationAndPosition issue with the steam input module but it should be fixed in 4.24.3, where did they have you add brackets that they were missing?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

No they didn't and also the vive trackpads broke. -.-
          Oh my bad, they also forgot the "else".
          The lines you have to change are around 178.

Quote: https://forums.unrealengine.com/deve...he-wrong-place

This is the official latest from Epic:
          We've found a fix for the bug that you should be able to cherry-pick onto a source build of the engine:

Open the source file Engine\Plugins\Runtime\Steam\SteamVR\Source\SteamVRInputDevice\Private\SteamVRInputDevice.cpp

In the function FSteamVRInputDevice::Tick look for the following two lines at the end of the function:
          1. CachedBaseOrientation = FQuat::Identity;
          2. CachedBasePosition = FVector::ZeroVector;

Change those lines to:
          1. else
          2. {
          3. CachedBaseOrientation = FQuat::Identity;
          4. CachedBasePosition = FVector::ZeroVector;
          5. }
          That should resolve the issue.
          Last edited by The VoiD; 07-09-2020, 12:20 PM.

Comment

No they didn't and also the vive trackpads broke. -.-
            Oh my bad, they also forgot the "else".
            The lines you have to change are around 178.
            Ah, no that should also be in effect in my plugin, its a problem with the new input module for steamvr.

However it would only come into effect when resetting Orientation and position, and I do not do that in my template as its fully roomscale. That is the bug I was talking about in my earlier post.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, I found an interesting document on how the walking dead implemented stabbing and the variable force required during the stab and the withdraw with the use of curves. https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...saints-sinners. Would anyone have any suggestions on implementing this into the melee script?

Comment

Ok, i make a seated game and i reset the location and rotation on begin play. And also via action buttons.
                i tried to add the plugin to my project. It builded one and ignored one. Also when i now opening my project now the hand offset bug is back.
                Last edited by The VoiD; 07-10-2020, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathanielbbb View Post
                  Hello, I found an interesting document on how the walking dead implemented stabbing and the variable force required during the stab and the withdraw with the use of curves. https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/t...saints-sinners. Would anyone have any suggestions on implementing this into the melee script?
                  You could do that by variable constraint forces on the stab, they faked a lot of the physics of their interactions which you could do as well. But as is with how it is setup now, you could make the initial penetration just slightly into the spot with a strong force, then sample the constraint impulse against your threshold to decide whether to relax it (let it breach in) or not by setting a new constraint stiffness / damping and offsetting the local pose to be inside the object more.

You can do all of it in BP post the penetration detection, which is why that part was left out of the script itself in the first place, for customization.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok, i make a seated game and i reset the location and rotation on begin play. And also via action buttons.
                    i tried to add the plugin to my project. It builded one and ignored one. Also when i now opening my project now the hand offset bug is back.
                    As I told you, the bug being in the base engine source, my plugin is also going to suffer from it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Yeah but i already fixed it. And i can see my changed code is here. But since i added the plugin it broke

Comment

Yeah but i already fixed it. And i can see my changed code is here. But since i added the plugin it broke
                        Sounds like you reverted then, the plugin doesn't alter anything there.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Are there any plans to include the grasping hands or physics grasping hands in any way, outside of the template project? I was hoping it would become a component like the VR lever, but I understand if it will just keep staying an example.
                          I've been looking through the blueprint and dread trying to move it outside of the example project.

Comment

Originally posted by kaesp View Post
                            Are there any plans to include the grasping hands or physics grasping hands in any way, outside of the template project? I was hoping it would become a component like the VR lever, but I understand if it will just keep staying an example.
                            I've been looking through the blueprint and dread trying to move it outside of the example project.
                            Rather not, the important and "hard" part with the welded body driver was done in c++, the rest is an example so people can take or use what they wish. If I made it a dedicated actor or component it would be limiting it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

In the SetupPhysicsIfNeeded function you would want to make the DisablePhysics node enable instead. You would also likely want to them setup the welded body driver on the non simulating hands as well as I am not since they weren't colliding.
                              I did as you said, but when i grip something the hand becomes huge, around 5 times as large, and becomes practically a physics prop, it is not connected to the held object in any way, and pushing it with my other arm makes it roll away. Are there any other steps i need to do to get it to work. All i want it for, say, a lever to get blocked from completing if my hand is in the way. I thought it wouldn'tbe that hard. I underestimated it lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by NebulyDev View Post

I did as you said, but when i grip something the hand becomes huge, around 5 times as large, and becomes practically a physics prop, it is not connected to the held object in any way, and pushing it with my other arm makes it roll away. Are there any other steps i need to do to get it to work. All i want it for, say, a lever to get blocked from completing if my hand is in the way. I thought it wouldn'tbe that hard. I underestimated it lmao.
                                That is literally all I changed in the template to write out the steps for you.

Also if you are doing it to a VRLever, those aren't physics based and won't be blocked, you would need to make a physics lever for that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X