VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

That is another pawn being spawned in, likely because you set it in game mode.

Those velocity settings in the snap turn node handle how character velocity is dealt with when snap turning by the way. You can have it re-direct to your new orientation if you aren't using instant accelleration or if in a flying mode or something else that conserves momentum.
    Here is a quick video of all of the stuff that i have going so far in VR!! (It is not too much I know but it is starting to feel like a real start now...) Thank you!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSPmI8VpPrQ
    Last edited by jobywood; 06-19-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I'm having problems using "inclusive" blueprint nativisation in 4.24.3, with the plugins located in the project folder - I keep getting these errors (these don't show up when packaging normally). What can I do to fix them? I would really like to enable blueprint nativisation but there are a lot of errors like this:

Code:
      TritonVR/Plugins/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public\OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(704,3):  error: use of undeclared identifier 'vr'
      vr::Texture_t VRTexture;

TritonVR/Plugins/OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Source\OpenVRExpansionPlugin/Public/OpenVRExpansionFunctionLibrary.h(711,12):  error: member reference type 'UTexture *' is a pointer; did you mean to use '->'?
      VRTexture.eColorSpace = vr::EColorSpace::ColorSpace_Auto;

TritonVR/Intermediate/Plugins/NativizedAssets/Android/Game/Source/NativizedAssets/Public/Grenade__pf3595661997.h(5,10): fatal error: '../Plugins/VRExpansionPlugin/Source/VRExpansionPlugin/Public/VRBPDatatypes.h' file not found
      Any help would be great!

Comment

I assume it will go away, if you move the CreateOpenVRTexture_t function out of the library header and into a block in the cpp file covered by STEAMVR_SUPPORTED_PLATFORM

or cover the declaration in the header with #if STEAMVR_SUPPORTED_PLATFORM
        Last edited by MaSe87; 06-21-2020, 04:08 AM.

Comment

I removed the SteamVR plugin because the build was telling me to add "PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;" to SteamVR.build.cs and it would keep coming up with the same error, even if I added and saved it. MaSe87

Comment

Originally posted by e3pojedi View Post
            I removed the SteamVR plugin because the build was telling me to add "PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;" to SteamVR.build.cs and it would keep coming up with the same error, even if I added and saved it. MaSe87
            You can't compile steamvr for android and your log there was referencing android.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
            Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I tried to compile and it can be achieve. Only compile and linking tested. Haven't actually run to see if something crashes. Changes are in this fork

Although the purpose of including the plugin on Android is not clear to me.

Comment

is there a way to set relative or add offset to "VrReplicatedCamera" height? So far I did try to add with Tick Relative Location or AddOffset but with no success.

Comment

Originally posted by Soulast View Post
                  is there a way to set relative or add offset to "VrReplicatedCamera" height? So far I did try to add with Tick Relative Location or AddOffset but with no success.
                  The capsule component has an offset variable that you can set to it.

*Edit* Also there is a CustomOffset var in the parent relative attachment if you want to change a mesh height or something. And the Netsmoother itself can be offset to move everything.
                  Last edited by mordentral; 06-22-2020, 09:54 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by MaSe87 View Post
                    I tried to compile and it can be achieve. Only compile and linking tested. Haven't actually run to see if something crashes. Changes are in this fork

Although the purpose of including the plugin on Android is not clear to me.
                    It won't crash with those changes, it jut won't do anything, i pulled them into main.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Hey, I'm kind of confused on the recommended approach for adding finger tracking (for the Knuckle controllers) to a full-body mesh in 4.25. I thought I read somewhere that the OpenInputPlugin was being replaced by something in 4.25, but I can't find that information anymore. Do you know what I might be thinking of?

In the end I want finger tracking on a full-body mesh that can potentially work for other hand tracking technologies, like the Oculus Quest's hand tracking. My character mesh is going to use IK for following the VR headset and controllers. I'm just trying to figure out how I should tackle the finger tracking part.

Comment

I'm loving this plugin but i'm having issues with teleport whenever I hold a weapon the teleport seems to overlap and I can no longer teleport using the hand holding the weapon i have played with collisions etc but haven't had any success any advice would be great thank you in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Decriment View Post
                          mordentral Hey, I'm kind of confused on the recommended approach for adding finger tracking (for the Knuckle controllers) to a full-body mesh in 4.25. I thought I read somewhere that the OpenInputPlugin was being replaced by something in 4.25, but I can't find that information anymore. Do you know what I might be thinking of?

In the end I want finger tracking on a full-body mesh that can potentially work for other hand tracking technologies, like the Oculus Quest's hand tracking. My character mesh is going to use IK for following the VR headset and controllers. I'm just trying to figure out how I should tackle the finger tracking part.
                          The open input plugin still exists, the input side of it was just removed since the valve implementation is native to the engine now as of 4.24, so it just handles the skeletal part.

As for quest hand tracking, Oculus is generally good at providing their own examples (they have a hand tracking one in their branch) so I generally don't do as much for their API. I had also held off as I saw a pathway for skeletal tracking being implemented into the engine and figured it would be natively handled eventually, sadly I haven't seen much progress on that recently (likely due to focus switching to OpenXR which doesn't have a skeletal extension yet AFAIK).

I'll note that you can still also just use per finger blends with the curl values from OpenInput on a full body mesh as well.
                          Last edited by mordentral; 06-23-2020, 08:11 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Xanthusbass View Post
                            I'm loving this plugin but i'm having issues with teleport whenever I hold a weapon the teleport seems to overlap and I can no longer teleport using the hand holding the weapon i have played with collisions etc but haven't had any success any advice would be great thank you in advance
                            Make the teleport trace ignore held objects or ignore the channel that the teleport controller traces on.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I'm trying everything ...

https://i.gyazo.com/e0029179abf794b7...99f975914a.png
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	e0029179abf794b78654a199f975914a.png
Views:	96
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	1779689

how do I make an auto animation at the door?
                              Has anybody succeeded and can you give me a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by GTOokami View Post
                                I'm trying everything ...
                                how do I make an auto animation at the door?
                                Has anybody succeeded and can you give me a solution?
                                What do you mean auto animation? It opening for you? Just use a door that isn't simulating physics, or stop it from simulating physics, then your timeline should work fine.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X