Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CokeKuma View Post
    Hi. mordentral.
    I am trying to handle an object very heavily, but can it be implemented with only stiffness and damping values? Or should I add it through coding?
    You can do it either way, or both, the physics prop objects in the current versions of the template for example handle it with multi grip and lower constraint settings with one hand, then if you turn on the mass based throwing it scales the release velocity based on mass too.

You should try picking up the cinder block in the example template in 4.24+

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Have a new post about starting migration to github for the repositories.

https://vreue4.com/github-migration

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I want to make grabbed object follow at a late speed, but when I use TInterpTo,
        if the character moves, the grabbed object falls behind as much as the delay, so there is a problem.
        Is there any way to provide this feature or to do it in the plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by CokeKuma View Post
          I want to make grabbed object follow at a late speed, but when I use TInterpTo,
          if the character moves, the grabbed object falls behind as much as the delay, so there is a problem.
          Is there any way to provide this feature or to do it in the plug-in?
          Unsure where you are running your TInterpTo from but as long as it is post character movement there shouldn't be an issue, you need to manage your tick ordering.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Okay, I've been really struggling to try and figure out what magic you did to get all the primitive collision shapes attached to a single physics body for the grasping hands. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
            Also thanks a million for the plugin!

Attached Files

Comment

Good morning,
              I am new to virtual reality.
              First of all I want to congratulate you on the work done, it is very useful for learning.
              Lately I am testing version 4.24,
              I am very curious to understand if it is possible to allow to attack and detach the door key by holding it.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for the work you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Marced for Life View Post
                Okay, I've been really struggling to try and figure out what magic you did to get all the primitive collision shapes attached to a single physics body for the grasping hands. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
                Also thanks a million for the plugin!
                Generated them for each bone, then welded them to the root bone. I noticed though that in 4.25 the interface changed and it is a bit harder to find the weld option.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by GTOokami View Post
                  Good morning,
                  I am new to virtual reality.
                  First of all I want to congratulate you on the work done, it is very useful for learning.
                  Lately I am testing version 4.24,
                  I am very curious to understand if it is possible to allow to attack and detach the door key by holding it.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks for the work you do.
                  Yes you can attach and detach it, I actually think it already does that. I just hadn't gotten around to letting it turn in the slot.

Regardless, even If I didn't leave the attach logic in, its easy enough to do yourself with DropAndSocket.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Has anyone had experience with implementing this plugin with Yuri IK plugin (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...uct/vr-ik-body). My Characters hands are not smooth when im using UVRIKBody::AttachHandToComponent function to grip my weapon

Comment

Originally posted by FinalZer0 View Post
                      Has anyone had experience with implementing this plugin with Yuri IK plugin (https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...uct/vr-ik-body). My Characters hands are not smooth when im using UVRIKBody::AttachHandToComponent function to grip my weapon
                      If its a physical weapon you will need to change the tick order of the skeletal mesh to be post physics. Otherwise the ik mesh will update its position prior to the final object location.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I finalized adding the root motion code back in to the VRcharacter today (4.25+ to avoid causing issues for projects that are stable on 4.24).
                        It was always in the SimpleVRcharacter (never removed it there).

I will note that it will likely need some stress tests with montages. I could use some feedback on the networking side of it eventually.
                        Root motion isn't meant to be replicated with non montages anyway so I would expect replication issues with that regardless, I did the tests to make sure it was applying velocity correctly with normal animations since it was easier to test bed.
                        Just migrated and fixing a few things up in 4.25.. Haven't replaced our references to the default inherited you just added back yet. Will let you know of any issues that arise with the montages and replication once things are fixed.

Comment

Hey, i have an issue with the grasping hands.

Basically, what ive done is use the grasping hands on top of a grip script i wrote that allows me to write custom hand poses on a per object socket basis, however, i would rather not have to create two poses per socket (one for left hand one for right hand) so what i wanted to do was to replace the left grasping hand with a right hand, just negatively scaled on the y axis. When i do this however, the offset messes up. Grabbing objects with a custom grab type breaks them. Whenever i grab an object the hand will flip upside-down, and have a new offset. Whenever i let go the offset is completely different. Its really strange.

I noticed you had a negatively scaled mesh in one of the earlier example templates. You did claim it came with a few issues.

Normally i would bite the bullet and just use 2 poses, and use the default hand. However, i have 2 arm and hand meshes, one attached to each hand, and use a transform bone and fabrik node to keep the hands in possition. On top of that i use a copy pose from mesh node to get the finger curls and grab animations. This works fine for the right hand/arm, but the left hand/arm messes up and deforms into a nightmare demon-looking thing. Its hard to explain. See the attached photo for what i mean.

Click image for larger version  Name:	49c870fbf4843626643de89499f20bb1be549962_1_690x343.png Views:	0 Size:	158.4 KB ID:	1773431
                          Im pretty sure this is an issue with the left graspping hand, as it works with the right hand fine, and the bone structure on the left arm/hand mesh is identical to the left grasping hand.
                          Last edited by NebulyDev; 06-09-2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NebulyDev View Post
                            I had a similar issue with the left hand, when I tried to simply assign my hand mesh to the left hand skeleton. What I did was just copying over the grasping hand anim bp to a new anim bp based on my hands own skeleton.

Comment

Originally posted by NebulyDev View Post

Basically, what ive done is use the grasping hands on top of a grip script i wrote that allows me to write custom hand poses on a per object socket basis, however, i would rather not have to create two poses per socket (one for left hand one for right hand) so what i wanted to do was to replace the left grasping hand with a right hand, just negatively scaled on the y axis. When i do this however, the offset messes up. Grabbing objects with a custom grab type breaks them. Whenever i grab an object the hand will flip upside-down, and have a new offset. Whenever i let go the offset is completely different. Its really strange.

I noticed you had a negatively scaled mesh in one of the earlier example templates. You did claim it came with a few issues.

Normally i would bite the bullet and just use 2 poses, and use the default hand. However, i have 2 arm and hand meshes, one attached to each hand, and use a transform bone and fabrik node to keep the hands in possition. On top of that i use a copy pose from mesh node to get the finger curls and grab animations. This works fine for the right hand/arm, but the left hand/arm messes up and deforms into a nightmare demon-looking thing. Its hard to explain. See the attached photo for what i mean.

Im pretty sure this is an issue with the left graspping hand, as it works with the right hand fine, and the bone structure on the left arm/hand mesh is identical to the left grasping hand.
                              Having seperate hands is because of how the engine handles simulating inversely scaled meshes, the simulation is incorrect and flipped and doesn't account for it (neither collision nor position are correct). So you have to offset to account for that then, then when you attach to something you have to account for it again, it gets really messy to deal with, so a community member made a left hand mirror mesh for me to use instead.

If you are using non physical (not simulating) hands then you can use the inversed mesh fine as it won't have those problems, you just need to spawn another right hand instead of the left hand mesh.

Like this:
                              https://i.imgur.com/u4kjGQr.png

It will work fine as long as your attachment transform nodes look like this in the copy you have:
                              https://i.imgur.com/Lqnvfx4.png

I revised the attachment transform logic to be a lot cleaner later on and just convert to world space and base off of there to avoid FTransform issues with inversing offscale transforms (had to use Matrix's to get around it before that). I don't know how old your copy you are working off of is. The current one threw the offsets into a function also as it also added in secondary gripping offsets.

*Edit* I'll note that the spawn picture is showing an addition transform as I changed them to center and rotate to match real life hands, you may want to try out the latest 4.25 copy of them.
                              Last edited by mordentral; 06-09-2020, 11:04 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Eanir View Post
                                I had a similar issue with the left hand, when I tried to simply assign my hand mesh to the left hand skeleton. What I did was just copying over the grasping hand anim bp to a new anim bp based on my hands own skeleton.
                                See above, left hand is a seperate bone structure as with physics mode turned on, inversed scale screws over a ton of things.

Non simulating hands can be two right hands with one inversed just fine.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X