• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benjamin Paine View Post
    RE
    Originally posted by thelazylion View Post
    RE
    I finalized adding the root motion code back in to the VRcharacter today (4.25+ to avoid causing issues for projects that are stable on 4.24).
    It was always in the SimpleVRcharacter (never removed it there).

I will note that it will likely need some stress tests with montages. I could use some feedback on the networking side of it eventually.
    Root motion isn't meant to be replicated with non montages anyway so I would expect replication issues with that regardless, I did the tests to make sure it was applying velocity correctly with normal animations since it was easier to test bed.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello! has anyone experienced this? https://gyazo.com/236ed6a672985a74ad4b78c177f86630 I'm trying to grab the mesh with my hand and the hand just like disconnects from the controller. It seems like the hand is attaching to the mesh and not the other way around. So when I try to grab the mesh it acts really weird since the hand is off. All I'm trying to do is drag a body. Hopefully this is something simple that I keep over looking but I've spent hours trying to figure it out.

Comment

Your comment is unapproved, so i cant quote it,

But thats intentional. The grasping hand attatches to the mesh, but still moves the mesh around. Disable the grasping hand and add your own mesh if you dislike that behaviour.
        Last edited by NebulyDev; 06-02-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Yeah if you want the hand to not have that behavior on specific objects then you will need to change its logic to have alternatives, also likely increase the strength of the constraint on the body as that appears far too weak to actually drag the body (disconnecting your hand). Also the bodies collision shapes appear to be self colliding causing instability as well.

You could use a hard constraint to the hand as well, but you won't get soft interactions with that.

If it was the other way around and the mesh attached to the hand but the hand remained jointed it would be no different with the constraint strengths and broken collisions you have there.....
          Last edited by mordentral; 06-02-2020, 08:07 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

I finalized adding the root motion code back in to the VRcharacter today (4.25+ to avoid causing issues for projects that are stable on 4.24).
            It was always in the SimpleVRcharacter (never removed it there).

I will note that it will likely need some stress tests with montages. I could use some feedback on the networking side of it eventually.
            Root motion isn't meant to be replicated with non montages anyway so I would expect replication issues with that regardless, I did the tests to make sure it was applying velocity correctly with normal animations since it was easier to test bed.
            You're a machine. Thank you! I'll let you know if I encounter any issues.

Comment

Can anybody help me to reduce the tick rate for a replicated VR camera? In the pawns root settings, I set the tick to 1 but after compiling it's still happening every tick. Is there anything else I have to consider or another place to set this?

Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Fele View Post
                Can anybody help me to reduce the tick rate for a replicated VR camera? In the pawns root settings, I set the tick to 1 but after compiling it's still happening every tick. Is there anything else I have to consider or another place to set this?

Thx
                Why do you want to lower the tick rate for the camera? It is how it tracks the HMD changes.
                If you are trying to lower the replication rate there is a separate HTZ setting for that.

A little unsure what you are trying to do actually.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I am building a VR app which can be remotely controlled by a tablet I thought it might be better for the Oculus quest Performance not to send the transform on every tick. But maybe I am wrong and this doesn't even affect the performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Fele View Post
                    I am building a VR app which can be remotely controlled by a tablet I thought it might be better for the Oculus quest Performance not to send the transform on every tick. But maybe I am wrong and this doesn't even affect the performance?
                    It doesn't send the transform on every tick if you are talking about the replication, just make sure that the update htz of the camera isn't set to 100 and lower it to 30-50 and smooth it.

Regardless, no that will not effect the performance in any measurable way, and if you were talking about the actual camera movements then also no it would have no real difference.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Guys, what I'm doing wrong?
                      When gripping objects in my projects they act normal in standalone or on servers, but on clients, they act like they are falling and resetting due to grip position replication
                      get velocity on server returns 0 and client's velocity acts like the object was just dropped between replications

And the most frustrating thing is that my test setup works fine in VR Expansion Example Project

Here is my test setup
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-06-03 18-12-42 Screenshot.png Views:	0 Size:	372.0 KB ID:	1770560

Behavior. I'm gripping GrippableStaticMeshActor
                      Last edited by Bargest2; 06-03-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bargest2 View Post
                        Guys, what I'm doing wrong?
                        When gripping objects in my projects they act normal in standalone or on servers, but on clients, they act like they are falling and resetting due to grip position replication
                        get velocity on server returns 0 and client's velocity acts like the object was just dropped between replications

And the most frustrating thing is that my test setup works fine in VR Expansion Example Project

Here is my test setup

Behavior. I'm gripping GrippableStaticMeshActor
                        That looks like it is running as server sided movement somehow and the object isn't constrained on the server. I can't imagine how that would happen generally.

What are your grip settings on the actual object you are trying to pick up? And why are you using the manual grip node and not the interfaced one? Also is it a barebones grippable static mesh or does it have nodes in it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That looks like it is running as server sided movement somehow and the object isn't constrained on the server. I can't imagine how that would happen generally.

What are your grip settings on the actual object you are trying to pick up? And why are you using the manual grip node and not the interfaced one? Also is it a barebones grippable static mesh or does it have nodes in it.
                          Default grip settings on target object. Just mesh and collision type changed

I'm gripping by actor here just for test, actual project uses the interface grip, but there is no difference
                          And like I wrote previously, the same setup works fine in the example project(copy-paste plugin and config files to new project does not help btw)

Settings
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-03 19-15-59 Screenshot.png
Views:	179
Size:	283.1 KB
ID:	1770590

Comment

Originally posted by Bargest2 View Post

Default grip settings on target object. Just mesh and collision type changed

I'm gripping by actor here just for test, actual project uses the interface grip, but there is no difference
                            And like I wrote previously, the same setup works fine in the example project(copy-paste plugin and config files to new project does not help btw)

Just to be sure, you aren't trying to use chaos in that project are you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RNp...ew?usp=sharing

This is a link to a fresh first person template with just a grip controller on it and the same basic logic as you are using (4.25), its working fine in simulated multiplayer.
                            Last edited by mordentral; 06-03-2020, 11:26 AM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi. mordentral.
                              I am trying to handle an object very heavily, but can it be implemented with only stiffness and damping values? Or should I add it through coding?

Comment

Just to be sure, you aren't trying to use chaos in that project are you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RNp...ew?usp=sharing

This is a link to a fresh first person template with just a grip controller on it and the same basic logic as you are using (4.25), its working fine in simulated multiplayer.
                                Works fine. I've switched my test project to 4.25 from 4.24 and used plugin version from your template but it didn't help

I was able to somewhat replicate the problem in ExampleProject where VR pawn from template works fine but my test character does not.
                                And I was able to break ExampleProject(in 4.24) using renamer and migrating my assets to it.

I'm gonna find what I've done wrong and post it here when I do, but The Jam is coming and it'll be after a week

Comment

Working...
                                X