Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by HienNguyen27 View Post

    Local or not, the position of the controller is the same as the calculation. But i found 1 thing that is very interesting. I think it the bug of animation layer! After i copy paste all the node to anim graph, it work just fine lol, and i still using world space!
    Talking about how it handles the constraints, setting it to world based it constrains the bones to the world location, which means each acts independently somewhat. If you set it to parent/relative then the constraints follow their parent orientations instead and it works better.
    Last edited by mordentral; 05-21-2020, 10:06 AM.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

      https://i.imgur.com/BQNQJkd.png

      The relative velocities are updated in one of the tick functions if the movement mode requires them. I have a task card to go in and change how armswing handles its facing soon as well.
      By that, do you mean that you would only use the active swinging controller if only one ControllerMovement axis button is being pressed? I'm working on bringing the ArmSwinger locomotion into a different project, and I noticed that Get DPad Movement Facing is always using both controllers' directions.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ITNoetic View Post

        By that, do you mean that you would only use the active swinging controller if only one ControllerMovement axis button is being pressed? I'm working on bringing the ArmSwinger locomotion into a different project, and I noticed that Get DPad Movement Facing is always using both controllers' directions.
        its only using both if both are set to that movement mode from what I remember.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Originally posted by mordentral View Post

          its only using both if both are set to that movement mode from what I remember.
          Right, but the one game I'm aware of that uses ArmSwinger in a similar way ignores the other controller's direction unless its ControllerMovement button is also being held. Ostensibly because the other controller is being used to hold a weapon.

          In any case, I was just curious if that's what you meant, since I'm messing with it right now.

          Comment


            mordentral Can i use your code in the VR physic constraint component? ah, i suggest you should expose more function like setup the linear stiffness and damping of the linear soft constraint and the angular soft constraint, its pretty useless to use the hard constraint in real project! Anyway, thank you for your suggestion above.

            Comment


              Originally posted by HienNguyen27 View Post
              mordentral Can i use your code in the VR physic constraint component? ah, i suggest you should expose more function like setup the linear stiffness and damping of the linear soft constraint and the angular soft constraint, its pretty useless to use the hard constraint in real project! Anyway, thank you for your suggestion above.
              Its just an expanded normal constraint, I don't use it for gripping because I use a hand coded setup instead. You can already alter all of that on normal constraint components by reinitializing.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                Hi all,
                i am just starting with the VR expansion plugin and thus do not rly know my way around yet. So excuse me if my questions seem obvious. I am currently struggeling with how to set up hand poses for grabbed objects. So broadly my question is, how would i go about setting up hand poses for certain objects, e.g. the rifle while using index controllers? I like how the fingers automatically snap around an object like e.g. the grabbable cubes in the example scene. However i would like to set up predefined hand poses for weapons, so that the fingers correctly wrap around gun handle or the bolt of a bolt action rifle for example. So basically i would like to know the following:

                1. Is there some place in some BP where i would store predefined hand poses and how would i create the poses in the first place? Can the latter be done in the editor or do i need to do it an external software like Blender?
                2. How would i assign those poses to the objects (e.g. gun) which shall use those poses?
                3. How would i trigger setting those poses active?

                Is there already some kind of tutorial (e.g. one of your Youtube vids) on this or other documentation covering this? I looked through the Wiki but couldn't find anything. I would really appreciate some hints on where to look in the components / BPs / objects and how the overall flow of for hand posing should look like.

                So cheers for any feedback!

                Comment


                  Great work on what your doing here!

                  I'm working on a project with this plugin but I have a question. The template with the Steam VR Controller and Vive Pawn does it work with Oculus VR and the Touch Controllers? I'm currently trying to port over the template to the Oculus Quest.

                  (Edit: fixed this just had to turn off mobile HDR) Also after quite a few attempts to make the project mobile compatible. The quality isn't changing. I've changed it to mobile and scalable 3D/2D but still hasn't changed,
                  Last edited by IHateLorcanpro23; 05-22-2020, 02:35 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by IHateLorcanpro23 View Post
                    Great work on what your doing here!

                    I'm working on a project with this plugin but I have a question. The template with the Steam VR Controller and Vive Pawn does it work with Oculus VR and the Touch Controllers? I'm currently trying to port over the template to the Oculus Quest.

                    (Edit: fixed this just had to turn off mobile HDR) Also after quite a few attempts to make the project mobile compatible. The quality isn't changing. I've changed it to mobile and scalable 3D/2D but still hasn't changed,
                    Yeah the name of the pawn is legacy from when I only had a vive and was planning on seperate pawns to handle different headsets. The architecture evolved past ever needing to do that but the name stuck around.



                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      So i feel like i followed the instructions exactly and i see 2 vr plugins in my plugins list but i have no content from them is there something im missing ?

                      Comment


                        Hi, this is a nice plugin, thanks for that.

                        I have a problem with gripping objects.
                        I tried the example project and there gripping is working.

                        Then migrated the map to my own project and here, gripping the cubes does not work. The "InputAction PrimaryGrip" gets called by pressing the right button but the object don't gets gripped. But the hand goes in state canGrip if I go near a gripable actor.
                        Do I have to note something if I want to use it in multiplayer?
                        The problem also consists if i just start the MotionControllerMap in VR Preview, so I am think I am not in multiplayer mode.

                        *edit*
                        What I also have to say, everything else seems to work as expected. I can teleport and move. Also in Multiplayer

                        *edit2*
                        Ok I have seen, that DefaultGameplayTags was not in my own projekt so I migrated it and set it in the project settings.
                        I also inserted the AdvancedSession Plugin that is used by VRGameInstance and VRViewportClass. I also set this two in the project settings but it does not fix the problem

                        *edit3*
                        what i found out. the Should Grip should be true here, but it is false.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	Unbenannt.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	1765707

                        *edit4*
                        Ok, finally after some debug I get it. It's not enough to just import the gameplay tags asset. also there have to be set the right gametags on some functions.
                        Last edited by heimspiel; 05-23-2020, 01:02 PM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by heimspiel View Post
                          Hi, this is a nice plugin, thanks for that.

                          I have a problem with gripping objects.
                          I tried the example project and there gripping is working.

                          Then migrated the map to my own project and here, gripping the cubes does not work. The "InputAction PrimaryGrip" gets called by pressing the right button but the object don't gets gripped. But the hand goes in state canGrip if I go near a gripable actor.
                          Do I have to note something if I want to use it in multiplayer?
                          The problem also consists if i just start the MotionControllerMap in VR Preview, so I am think I am not in multiplayer mode.

                          *edit*
                          What I also have to say, everything else seems to work as expected. I can teleport and move. Also in Multiplayer

                          *edit2*
                          Ok I have seen, that DefaultGameplayTags was not in my own projekt so I migrated it and set it in the project settings.
                          I also inserted the AdvancedSession Plugin that is used by VRGameInstance and VRViewportClass. I also set this two in the project settings but it does not fix the problem

                          *edit3*
                          what i found out. the Should Grip should be true here, but it is false.
                          Click image for larger version Name:	Unbenannt.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	1765707

                          *edit4*
                          Ok, finally after some debug I get it. It's not enough to just import the gameplay tags asset. also there have to be set the right gametags on some functions.
                          If you import the gameplay tags first the nodes won't lose them. The entire gameplay tag setup though is just a way of quickly testing out control schemes and concepts in the example template, its not really intended for a shipping project.


                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Hello all, Sorry if this has already been asked. I am trying to implement the game play ability system onto the VRCharacter class and I am just not sure if I am understanding it all correctly. I would ideally like to migrate or 'integrate' the VR expansion plugin character with another plugin character that is built and ready with an ability system. The OWS open world starter and 'lets make an MMO in UE4" tutorials have a great RPG character starting point.. I have looked over the plugin and I think I have a vauge idea of what I need to include to the OWS project to make it work but I sure could use some guidance. I may be thinking about this all wrong. Thanks in advance.
                            _omfgdude

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by omfgdude2 View Post
                              I would ideally like to migrate or 'integrate' the VR expansion plugin character with another plugin character that is built and ready with an ability system.
                              Set the base class of that OWS character to VRCharacter and that's it

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by omfgdude2 View Post
                                Hello all, Sorry if this has already been asked. I am trying to implement the game play ability system onto the VRCharacter class and I am just not sure if I am understanding it all correctly. I would ideally like to migrate or 'integrate' the VR expansion plugin character with another plugin character that is built and ready with an ability system. The OWS open world starter and 'lets make an MMO in UE4" tutorials have a great RPG character starting point.. I have looked over the plugin and I think I have a vauge idea of what I need to include to the OWS project to make it work but I sure could use some guidance. I may be thinking about this all wrong. Thanks in advance.
                                _omfgdude
                                Originally posted by Eanir View Post
                                Set the base class of that OWS character to VRCharacter and that's it


                                Basically yes, I generally tell people to reference the template implementations and create from scratch for their projects anyway. The template is a large set of tutorials more than anything else and people generally won't need the entire framework or all of the extra options.

                                Setting the base class to a VRCharacter and then building up the movement and gripping from there with what you specifically need is going to be a lot more robust in the end. Also you will know exactly how it all works.


                                Consider supporting me on patreon

                                My Open source tools and plugins
                                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X