Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

https://i.imgur.com/BQNQJkd.png

The relative velocities are updated in one of the tick functions if the movement mode requires them.
    Yeah thanks a lot, i´ll check it out.

I have a task card to go in and change how armswing handles its facing soon as well.
    Sounds lovely, i´ll let you know if i manage to get something going with that.
    Peacepeace

Comment

You should be able to call the normal character crouch commands and then just offset the tracking root (the net smoother) downwards by the difference. Its much easier being single player as that will just work, with multiplayer it would likely have to be a custom move action.
      Any quick guidance/elaboration on the custom move action you mentioned here? Using the regular crouch action and offsetting the netsmoother as you mentioned isn't very viable for MP.

Thanks again in advanced, and again for the work on the plugin

Comment

Originally posted by thelazylion View Post

Any quick guidance/elaboration on the custom move action you mentioned here? Using the regular crouch action and offsetting the netsmoother as you mentioned isn't very viable for MP.

Thanks again in advanced, and again for the work on the plugin
        You can do the PerformMoveAction_Custom with a set of parameters that you want. Then when the move action is done (inline with the character movement, so not right at the time of calling it), it will call https://vreue4.com/GeneratedDocs/VRE...Performed.html so that you can perform your custom logic based on the inputs.

If you know statically what you want the crouch to do, then I wouldn't use any parameters for the custom move action in order to keep network bandwidth optimized.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I have a question; is it possible to have a fully phsyics player, like in boneworks or project TX? Ive tried and tried, but i cant get it working. I realised that the root being a capsule may prevent the full body collisions. Does nayone here know if its possible, or am i wasting my time?

Comment

Originally posted by NebulyDev View Post
            I have a question; is it possible to have a fully phsyics player, like in boneworks or project TX? Ive tried and tried, but i cant get it working. I realised that the root being a capsule may prevent the full body collisions. Does nayone here know if its possible, or am i wasting my time?
            Nimsony's work and boneworks are vastly different, boneworks still has a capsule, your legs don't really "collide", it uses mostly physical arms. Nimsony attached a camera to a fully physics driven body mesh and held it together with contraints and drove it with physics forces.

Sure you "can" do it, going to be a ton of work tweaking to get it in a state that you like. They had a helping hand with a common unity physical animation framework that took a lot of the pain out of it.

You wouldn't be basing it off of the character class most likely though unless you wanted to ignore the pre-built movement anyway or deal with a lot of custom force application to it.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for creating and iterating on the VR Expansion plugin. I read some of the documentation, was pretty upset that I had spent as much time as I did getting arm swinging and snap turn working on my own, then tried out the demo and was pretty blown away by the number of features it lets you try out (not to mention that super clean and smooth arm swinging locomotion). The only thing that was missing was turning settings for using direct locomotion rather than teleporting, but I already saw that it's built-in in the docs, so I'm not worried about that.

It's really strange to me that this thread isn't stickied to the top of the VR board, though. I struggle to think of a UE4 VR developer that wouldn't benefit from using this plugin. The hand IK/grabbing system alone...

After messing with the demo, I was able to confidently move about half of my current pending tasks straight into the "done" column. All I have left are features that are maybe a little too unique for a plugin, maps, and things like the UI. I'll be getting on that Patreon right away.

Thanks again. This work is staggering.

Comment

Originally posted by ITNoetic View Post
                It's really strange to me that this thread isn't stickied to the top of the VR board, though.
                I would promote this project to be the VR template for the blank UE4 VR project, instead of being a plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Eanir View Post

I would promote this project to be the VR template for the blank UE4 VR project, instead of being a plugin.
                  If Epic had sense they would arrange for it to be the VR example project for Unreal 5!

Comment

I have problem with compilation.
                    (4.24 -> 4.25 migration. VS2019)
                    Grippables/GrippableCapsuleComponent.cpp : 51 row

2>Q:\projects\UE\DHC-Visualizer\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\Grippables\GrippableCapsuleComponent.cpp(51): error C2275: 'USceneComponent': illegal use of this type as an expression

2>Q:\projects\UE\DHC-Visualizer\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\Grippables\GrippableCapsuleComponent.cpp(51): error C2248: 'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'

2> Q:\pf\EpicGames\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components/SceneComponent.h(154): note: see declaration of 'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation'

RelativeLocation is really private variable. Can you help, please?

Comment

Originally posted by Teklarit View Post
                      I had that too, trying to compile my 4.24 project with 4.25. Create a project with 4.25 and copy over your content.

Comment

Grippables/GrippableCapsuleComponent.cpp : 51 row

2>Q:\projects\UE\DHC-Visualizer\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\Grippables\GrippableCapsuleComponent.cpp(51): error C2275: 'USceneComponent': illegal use of this type as an expression

2>Q:\projects\UE\DHC-Visualizer\Plugins\VRExpansionPlugin\VRExpansionPlugin\Source\VRExpansionPlugin\Private\Grippables\GrippableCapsuleComponent.cpp(51): error C2248: 'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation': cannot access private member declared in class 'USceneComponent'

2> Q:\pf\EpicGames\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\Components/SceneComponent.h(154): note: see declaration of 'USceneComponent::RelativeLocation'

RelativeLocation is really private variable. Can you help, please?
                        You totally sure you are on 4.25?

That line should include my custom replication macro "DOREPLIFETIME_ACTIVE_OVERRIDE_PRIVATE_PROPERTY".

If you just ported over without updating plugin then you need to update, if you put the new plugin in but didn't delete the folder first then you need to delete the intermediate directory in the plugins folder to clean out the auto generated stuff.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

That line should include my custom replication macro "DOREPLIFETIME_ACTIVE_OVERRIDE_PRIVATE_PROPERTY".

If you just ported over without updating plugin then you need to update, if you put the new plugin in but didn't delete the folder first then you need to delete the intermediate directory in the plugins folder to clean out the auto generated stuff.
                          Yes, I am sure, that I use 4.25 UE4 version. I copied Plugins folder from your example project. Then I removed Binaries and Intermediate folders. I made clean rebuild.
                          P.S. Yes, I have looked at your macro function "DOREPLIFETIME_ACTIVE_OVERRIDE_PRIVATE_PROPERTY". It wrote error on compilation in several files. : ) Thanks for answers.

Comment

Now I am not using UE4 network, so I have compiled without your macro. : )
                            Last edited by Teklarit; 05-18-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Yes, I am sure, that I use 4.25 UE4 version. I copied Plugins folder from your example project. Then I removed Binaries and Intermediate folders. I made clean rebuild.
                              P.S. Yes, I have looked at your macro function "DOREPLIFETIME_ACTIVE_OVERRIDE_PRIVATE_PROPERTY". It wrote error on compilation in several files. : ) Thanks for answers.
                              Are you on linux?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Are you on linux?
                                No, I use windows. (Last VS2019 updates, last windows updates...)
                                I have already written you in private messages.

Comment

Working...
                                X