4.25 repo is live and binaries are uploaded, see patch notes at:

https://vreue4.com/4-25

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

If using the template add the PerBoneGripping tag, if not using the template than you need to pass the bone name in to the grip function as well as use the bones transform instead of the actors when passing in the relative transform to use.
      Okay great, I'll look in to that. Thanks!

The GripSettings structure contains the normal grippable GripPriority and you can directly set that.

I can add a utility function though.
      Sorry but I must be missing something.. There is a 'Get' for AdvancedGripSettings (and I can split the struct to get GripPriority), but how do you mean I can set it? I don't find a Set node.. Not for AdvancedGripSettings and not for GripPriority.

Comment

Originally posted by Warner V View Post

Okay great, I'll look in to that. Thanks!

Sorry but I must be missing something.. There is a 'Get' for AdvancedGripSettings (and I can split the struct to get GripPriority), but how do you mean I can set it? I don't find a Set node.. Not for AdvancedGripSettings and not for GripPriority.
        Set struct members

Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

4.25 repo is live and binaries are uploaded, see patch notes at:

https://vreue4.com/4-25
          I love that remote grab, thx a lot

Comment

Hello, I've Download the updated Template for 4.25, and the latest plugin, I cant get it to launch keeps asking to rebuild from source tried rebuilding in VS and get the following output:

1>I:\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates/DelegateInstancesImpl.h(397): error C2338: You cannot use raw method delegates with UObjects.
            1> I:\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates/DelegateInstancesImpl.h(521): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<bConst,UserClass,WrappedRetValType(ParamTypes...),VarTypes...>' being compiled
            1> [4/34] SharedPCH.Engine.ShadowErrors.cpp
            1>I:\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates/DelegateInstancesImpl.h(397): error C2338: You cannot use raw method delegates with UObjects.
            1> I:\UE_4.25\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Public\Delegates/DelegateInstancesImpl.h(521): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'TBaseRawMethodDelegateInstance<bConst,UserClass,WrappedRetValType(ParamTypes...),VarTypes...>' being compiled
            1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3073: The command "I:\UE_4.25\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat VRExpPluginExampleEditor Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Unreal Projects\vrexppluginexample\VRExpPluginExample.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 6.
            1>Done building project "VRExpPluginExample.vcxproj" -- FAILED.

Thank you!

Comment

Hi,
              can anybody tell me where i can find the default game mode and player pawn BPs of the example project?
              Thanks!

Comment

Tutorial about basic gripping is here:
                https://www.digital-messiah.com/blog

Comment

Originally posted by Eanir View Post
                  Tutorial about basic gripping is here:
                  https://www.digital-messiah.com/blog
                  Good work, though I will note that it is generally better to work off of GripIDs and the grip structures rather than GetGrippedActors. That way you can use and drop grippable components as well.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hay there,

i would like to know how to actually record gestures. The Blueprint looks like this, but it doesn´t record anything.
                    Thanks in advance!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by delphe_01 View Post
                      Hay there,

i would like to know how to actually record gestures. The Blueprint looks like this, but it doesn´t record anything.
                      Thanks in advance!
                      Open up the DataAsset and name the recording and save the data asset. You are looking at the gesture component recording though, not the hand pose one.

If you want to record the open input hand pose, then you need to do this:

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I dont want poses but gestures. In fact i want to record swimming moves. Is the BP set up correctly?
                        And then when i want to record i just hit both of the triggerbuttons according to my BP and on release hit "a" and it will save it automatically to the data asset?
                        It doesn´t work for me. Giving a brief workthrough from beginning to end would be very helpful and nice!

Comment

Originally posted by delphe_01 View Post
                          I dont want poses but gestures. In fact i want to record swimming moves. Is the BP set up correctly?
                          And then when i want to record i just hit both of the triggerbuttons according to my BP and on release hit "a" and it will save it automatically to the data asset?
                          It doesn´t work for me. Giving a brief workthrough from beginning to end would be very helpful and nice!
                          Look at how the gesture wand records, I believe that I left the nodes in there.

But yes, once you "save" it, you have to actually open up the data asset and rename and save the data asset.

Swimming motions aren't going to be the most reliable for this though, and you would have to handle a lot of different types of swimming motions, you would be better off keeping a velocity histogram and sampling it for change over time.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Ok, thanks for the hint. You mean via visual logger maybe? Do you have any suggestions on how to tuts? (beginner)

Comment

Hey Mordentral, I just got my hand on a set of Knuckles and I'm trying to get the OpenVR plugin working alongside the VR Expansion one so that I can have the VR hands mimic my real hands. I tried following both your video tutorial and the setup PDF packaged with the OpenVR plugin, but I cant get farther than having the VR glove model used in a static sense. The video tutorial showed you using a mannequin but I'm just trying to have floating hands. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached screenshots of what my setup looks like currently if it helps.

Running 4.24.2 due to an inability to upgrade for the time being.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenVR-Details.png
Views:	267
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1757477

Comment

Originally posted by squadger View Post
                                Hey Mordentral, I just got my hand on a set of Knuckles and I'm trying to get the OpenVR plugin working alongside the VR Expansion one so that I can have the VR hands mimic my real hands. I tried following both your video tutorial and the setup PDF packaged with the OpenVR plugin, but I cant get farther than having the VR glove model used in a static sense. The video tutorial showed you using a mannequin but I'm just trying to have floating hands. Any help would be appreciated. I've attached screenshots of what my setup looks like currently if it helps.

Running 4.24.2 due to an inability to upgrade for the time being.
                                Did you reparent your animbp to the OpenInput Anim Instance? If not then you have to manually pass the animation data in since it resolves from the component (for replication purposes).

Also make sure that your skeletal actions are bound in steam inputs overlay.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X