VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

What do you mean can't assign? They don't show up in the search list when clicking on it?
    Yea, inside the mesh under VRGestures - Gesture DB, the dropdown menu is empty.
    Thanks for your support btw!

I´m currently using this example project:
    https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...e/src/default/

Is there maybe a more recent one i have missed with more stuff or something like that?
    Last edited by delphe_01; 05-05-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

hey guys sorry to bother, i need some lights.
      Well i am trying to lock the hand mesh at the secondary grip on the weapon. When i do the secondary grip i want to use the animation on the hand (to hold the weapon) but the hand can't move, while doing the influence on the weapon.
      I tried to use the multigrip option and it works partially, the hand gets locked on the secondary socket on the weapon but i can still move the hand and feels weird. I believe theres some easy way to do this i am being kinda noob on this.
      If this is simple, can you share the solution you guys are using?

Comment

Originally posted by delphe_01 View Post

Yea, inside the mesh under VRGestures - Gesture DB, the dropdown menu is empty.
        Thanks for your support btw!

I´m currently using this example project:
        https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...e/src/default/

Is there maybe a more recent one i have missed with more stuff or something like that?
        Make an OpenInputGestureDatabase data asset, you are trying to assign the wrong gesture library to it. The other one is for motion tracking with the GestureTrackingComponent for motion controllers.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Make an OpenInputGestureDatabase data asset, you are trying to assign the wrong gesture library to it. The other one is for motion tracking with the GestureTrackingComponent for motion controllers.
          Thanks that worked out so far.

Comment

Dang so many questions.. Hope its fine to spam this threat?

I wonder how to record in general, but further how to record movements. Since i want to do locomotion via actual swimmingmoves.

And is there a tutorial on how to do the grab stuff with hands instead of pointing onto the targed?
            Think i found it. For everyone who also needs to know: https://vreue4.com/basic-gripping
            Last edited by delphe_01; 05-05-2020, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Hello! Just wondering if UE 4.25 support is coming soon. Thanks for the consistently great support!

Comment

Originally posted by Decca View Post
                Hello! Just wondering if UE 4.25 support is coming soon. Thanks for the consistently great support!
                It's already done (i ported to it in previews), i'm just waiting on the release version of 4.25 to finish compiling shaders so I can do a final test before taking it live.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

It's already done (i ported to it in previews), i'm just waiting on the release version of 4.25 to finish compiling shaders so I can do a final test before taking it live.
                  Perfect! Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like the release version was released earlier this morning!

Looking forward to using this fantastic plugin on the newest engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Decca View Post

Perfect! Thanks for the quick reply. Looks like the release version was released earlier this morning!

Looking forward to using this fantastic plugin on the newest engine!
                    Generally you want to wait until at least .1 of a new release.

For instance....right now anything saved in the last preview is showing up as from a newer engine version than 4.25 release. Going to have to work around it to get some changes I made in to the release version.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Are you sure that your dedicated server has it correct? They wouldn't visualize with a dedicated server and grip transforms are stored statically, so unless you are modifying the transform or somehow gripping separately on each connection it shouldn't be different.
                      Yeah actually the server might have it right. The problem I was having tracking down the issue is that the transform is correct if I turn off dedicated server

it's something about the section where it spawns teleport controllers and sets up grips that isn't functioning correctly on the server
                      Last edited by boxchat; 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Hi! I had played around with the template a few years back and wanted to get back into it so I downloaded the new example template but whenever I try to build it I get the following errors.

1>------ Skipped Build: Project: UE4, Configuration: BuiltWithUnrealBuildTool Win32 ------
                        1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
                        2>------ Build started: Project: VRExpPluginExample, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                        2>Building VRExpPluginExampleEditor...
                        2>Using Visual Studio 2017 14.10.25019 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.10.25017) and Windows 10.0.15063.0 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10).
                        2>Distributing 32 actions to XGE
                        2>--------------------Build System Warning---------------------------------------
                        2>License is invalid:
                        2> License information is invalid. Please try reloading your license file using the Coordinator Monitor application on the Coordinator machine, or reinstall IncrediBuild.
                        2> This build will run in standalone mode.
                        2>
                        2>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        2>--------------------Project: Default-------------------------------------------
                        2>EXEC : error : Unable to create child process (0:00.04 at +0:00)
                        2>
                        2>Error executing F:\Programs\epicstore\UE_4.24\Engine\Build\Windows\cl-filter\cl-filter.exe (tool returned code: -1)
                        2>EXEC : error : Unable to create child process (0:00.03 at +0:00)
                        2>
                        2>Error executing F:\Programs\epicstore\UE_4.24\Engine\Build\Windows\cl-filter\cl-filter.exe (tool returned code: -1)
                        2>---------------------- Done ----------------------
                        2>
                        2> Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped
                        2>
                        2>1 build system warning(s):
                        2> - License is invalid
                        2>
                        2>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\Common7\IDE\VC\VCTargets\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(44,5): error MSB3075: The command "F:\Programs\epicstore\UE_4.24\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Build.bat VRExpPluginExampleEditor Win64 Development -Project="F:\Programs\SourceTreeCloneFolder\VRExpPluginExample.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code 5. Please verify that you have sufficient rights to run this command.
                        2>Done building project "VRExpPluginExample.vcxproj" -- FAILED.
                        ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

I admittedly am not super familiar with Visual Studios 2017 but have updated it, made sure C++ is installed and tried deleting IncrediBuild and reinstalling it and am still getting the errors. The old files I used to use give similar issues when I try to open it. I am sure I am missing something incredibly easy any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hwalsh View Post

I admittedly am not super familiar with Visual Studios 2017 but have updated it, made sure C++ is installed and tried deleting IncrediBuild and reinstalling it and am still getting the errors. The old files I used to use give similar issues when I try to open it. I am sure I am missing something incredibly easy any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
                          Code:
                          License information is invalid. Please try reloading your license file using the Coordinator Monitor application on the Coordinator machine, or reinstall IncrediBuild.
                          That error message has threads of some other people having issues when their incredibuild install went out of term and the engine tried to build with it. You don't "need" incredibuild to build a project, but if you want it, you should fix the installation.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by boxchat View Post
                            Yeah actually the server might have it right. The problem I was having tracking down the issue is that the transform is correct if I turn off dedicated server

it's something about the section where it spawns teleport controllers and sets up grips that isn't functioning correctly on the server
                            OK the BeginPlay of the VRpawn wasn't getting called on the client because I didn't add a call to parent.BeginPlay

Comment

Hello.

Thank You for the great plugin!
                              I am trying to run the example project in 4.24.3. I successfully compiled it with the proper version of the plugin but when I open the project i get this error.
                              -The following member variables in blueprint 'Blueprint /Game/VRExpansion/Vive/Vive_PawnCharacter.Vive_PawnCharacter' have invalid type. Would you like to remove them?

Peak Velocity Left
                              Peak Velocity Right-

And then once the project is opened and I try to run it it says there are errors in the vive_pawncharacter BP.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by catalejo View Post
                                Hello.

Thank You for the great plugin!
                                I am trying to run the example project in 4.24.3. I successfully compiled it with the proper version of the plugin but when I open the project i get this error.
                                -The following member variables in blueprint 'Blueprint /Game/VRExpansion/Vive/Vive_PawnCharacter.Vive_PawnCharacter' have invalid type. Would you like to remove them?

Peak Velocity Left
                                Peak Velocity Right-

And then once the project is opened and I try to run it it says there are errors in the vive_pawncharacter BP.

Any help will be appreciated

Thank You
                                sounds like it isn't actually compiled for development editor?

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X