Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You
    Originally posted by DarthJandis View Post
    I am very excited to try this but I'm having issues. I am following the 'install' tutorial (both video and text) and keep getting the issue where it is advising me to rebuild manually. I have tried on both 4.23.1 and 4.24.3 on a blank project by placing the downloaded zip into the newly created 'Plugins' folder at the root of the project. Is there anyway around this? I have Visual Studio 2017 installed as well as 2019 - could this be my issue?
    need to extract the contents of the zip in there (and should really delete the auto generated folder name), then build the project in visual studio for the Development Editor build target. The engine launcher will not rebuild modules.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

mordentral Perfect! Worked like a charm - I guess I was too excited to not follow directions!

Comment

Hi!
        mordentral There is a free bow project on the internet. https://github.com/Pinworm45/SyntyBowVR/
        I would really love to implement it in your project.

I've almost made it, but I'm confused with secondary grip, the arrow spawns but animation and release doesn't work.

Comment

mordentral

How do I just add this plug into an already existing VR file?

Comment

Originally posted by Muszti Projekt View Post
            Hi!
            mordentral There is a free bow project on the internet. https://github.com/Pinworm45/SyntyBowVR/
            I would really love to implement it in your project.

I've almost made it, but I'm confused with secondary grip, the arrow spawns but animation and release doesn't work.
            I am unsure how they are handling their events, but generally OnSecondaryGripRelease should handle that, unless they are auto firing the arrows.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick_000 View Post
              mordentral

How do I just add this plug into an already existing VR file?
              download the drop the plugin into the projects plugins directory if you want the source.

If you want the example content then you have to migrate it from the example project, which requires a few .ini transfers for it to work as is since it uses a custom trace channel.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

download the drop the plugin into the projects plugins directory if you want the source.

If you want the example content then you have to migrate it from the example project, which requires a few .ini transfers for it to work as is since it uses a custom trace channel.
                You're on top of it. I appreciate you're swiftness. I'll give it a test tomorrow. Thank you!

Comment

What is the workflow of migrating the physics grasping hands? Also, how can I grab objects from the distance using the laser beam on the example map? I can't figure it out ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Eanir View Post
                    What is the workflow of migrating the physics grasping hands? Also, how can I grab objects from the distance using the laser beam on the example map? I can't figure it out ^^
                    The remote grab is in the 4.25 beta branch, as for the grasping hands migration, just migrating their folder should be fine, you'd have to handle spawning them then.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hey
                      When i create a new BP with the GripableSkeletalMesh, with the new bp empty i try to compile and it gives a error with invalid data.
                      If i try it with the gripableStaticMesh class it compiles just fine.

Its an error on my end? Or can anyone replicate it?
                      Using 4.24 engine on the example template.

sorry for any mistake on the english.

Comment

mordentral I packaged the 4.24 example project you can download here https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ple/downloads/ and got very low FPS about 17 - 20 fps down from 90 fps when you turn on the mirror. I'm guessing because of this bug https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-86191 is there any alternative to using a Scene Capture Component 2D in your project for the mirror or is there just no way to use a mirror in VR until epic fix this bug?

Comment

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post
                          mordentral I packaged the 4.24 example project you can download here https://bitbucket.org/mordentral/vre...ple/downloads/ and got very low FPS about 17 - 20 fps down from 90 fps when you turn on the mirror. I'm guessing because of this bug https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-86191 is there any alternative to using a Scene Capture Component 2D in your project for the mirror or is there just no way to use a mirror in VR until epic fix this bug?
                          You can set r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod 2 to "work around" it, they declared it fixed in 4.25 but I have been hearing some reports that it is re-occuring. If that command doesn't resolve it for you then you aren't setting it in packaged.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You can set r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod 2 to "work around" it, they declared it fixed in 4.25 but I have been hearing some reports that it is re-occuring. If that command doesn't resolve it for you then you aren't setting it in packaged.
                            So do I use the execute console command BP? Would I set that in the mirror BP or would it be better to set it in the player character BP off an event begin play node? and lastly, would I paste "r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod 2" into the execute console command or "r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod=2"? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tcla75 View Post

So do I use the execute console command BP? Would I set that in the mirror BP or would it be better to set it in the player character BP off an event begin play node? and lastly, would I paste "r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod 2" into the execute console command or "r.SceneRenderTargetResizeMethod=2"? Thanks.
                              You should be able to declare it in your engine.ini under

Code:

[SystemSettings]

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Napsterae View Post
                                Hey
                                When i create a new BP with the GripableSkeletalMesh, with the new bp empty i try to compile and it gives a error with invalid data.
                                If i try it with the gripableStaticMesh class it compiles just fine.

Its an error on my end? Or can anyone replicate it?
                                Using 4.24 engine on the example template.

sorry for any mistake on the english.
                                Did you assign a skeletal mesh? That is a fairly obscure report

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X