VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ksieburg View Post

Hey I'm just looking to make the player a little taller. By default he was way too low to the ground. Changing the tracking origin to floor made him too tall. So I guess now I need to make him smaller in height. What did you mean by scale the world to meters?
    eh? floor level makes the player as tall as they are in real life.

If you want to artificially raise them up (fit to a body instead of fit a body to them), you can either edit the world to meters, scale their base component, or raise the base component up.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Lex713 View Post
      I was wondering if you made a variable or have a function that gets the grip location? When you grip the object I want the gripped hand to move to that location and stop following the motion controller. I’m using two bone ik for the attachment. I just need a way to find the location of grip.
      The latest template does that for the grasping hands, its just getting the relative grip location and inversing it while maintaining the original position.

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/zanyb35c/

Is what you would use with full arms, the grasping hands had to do some extra work to account for the left hand possibly being scaled inversely.
      Last edited by mordentral; 04-10-2020, 09:16 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post

The latest template does that for the grasping hands, its just getting the relative grip location and inversing it while maintaining the original position.

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/zanyb35c/

Is what you would use with full arms, the grasping hands had to do some extra work to account for the left hand possibly being scaled inversely.
        1. Where would I get the base relative transforms from?

2. Also is there a way to change open vr hand settings? If I grip the index controller I don’t want a fist or it to wrap around the controller. Also I’m trying to make the fingers replicate but when I have anything besides rep steam vr compressed transform the game crashes.
        Last edited by Lex713; 04-11-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

1. Where would I get the base relative transforms from?

2. Also is there a way to change open vr hand settings? If I grip the index controller I don’t want a fist or it to wrap around the controller. Also I’m trying to make the fingers replicate but when I have anything besides rep steam vr compressed transform the game crashes.
          1. Its the transform of the hand relative to the controller, either hard set it, or store it on begin play (your effector location essentially).

2. Not sure what you mean, its either full hand without a controller or with, if you just want to read the curl values then you need to read the curl values and not use the full transform information, you can do whatever you want with the curl / splay values with animation blending.

Also what is the crash? It shouldn't crash on rep unless you are trying to change the type live without all network clients having the same information.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello Mordentral.

There seems to be one problem with the VR Expansion Plugin 4.24 build version.

After placing the "HeroSword Actor" in the base template project into the world
            After changing to "COM Grip at Controller Loc" in the "Physics Grip Location Settings" method, if the controller is moved from side to side at a very high speed, the mesh of the HeroSword currently in hand is abnormally raised up, and when the controller stops moving, it gradually recovers.

This is a bug that occurs only in the "Grip at Controller Loc" setting and not in other settings. I tested using the original version of the plugin. This is not considered to be a problem caused by simple damping and stiffness settings. please check.

Comment

1. Its the transform of the hand relative to the controller, either hard set it, or store it on begin play (your effector location essentially).

2. Not sure what you mean, its either full hand without a controller or with, if you just want to read the curl values then you need to read the curl values and not use the full transform information, you can do whatever you want with the curl / splay values with animation blending.

Also what is the crash? It shouldn't crash on rep unless you are trying to change the type live without all network clients having the same information.
              1. So I got the socket transform of the hand and used make relative to the motion controller transform. Would that work?

2. I want to make it when I make a fist in game it doesn’t make a fist. Instead I want it to wrap around a remote.

3. The crash only happens when I have run dedicated server in editor. It comes from having anything but rep steam compressed transform. Im just trying to get the fingers to replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by CokeKuma View Post
                Hello Mordentral.

There seems to be one problem with the VR Expansion Plugin 4.24 build version.

After placing the "HeroSword Actor" in the base template project into the world
                After changing to "COM Grip at Controller Loc" in the "Physics Grip Location Settings" method, if the controller is moved from side to side at a very high speed, the mesh of the HeroSword currently in hand is abnormally raised up, and when the controller stops moving, it gradually recovers.

This is a bug that occurs only in the "Grip at Controller Loc" setting and not in other settings. I tested using the original version of the plugin. This is not considered to be a problem caused by simple damping and stiffness settings. please check.
                That isn't a bug, you are gripping outside of the center of mass so the hand doesn't have as much control over the weapon, the farther away from the COM you are, the less control you will have over it, that is how physics work...

Grip at controller loc just makes your constraint be at the controllers location directly and doesn't effect or use the COM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

1. So I got the socket transform of the hand and used make relative to the motion controller transform. Would that work?

2. I want to make it when I make a fist in game it doesn’t make a fist. Instead I want it to wrap around a remote.

3. The crash only happens when I have run dedicated server in editor. It comes from having anything but rep steam compressed transform. Im just trying to get the fingers to replicate.
                  1. sure, whatever you are using to offset the hands, you need to take that relative position into account as well relative to whatever the controller is using as the grip pivot.

2. Then change the hand mode to with controller in the open input options

3. I'll look into it, though I am unsure how you plan on testing that with a dedicated server in editor, it still shouldn't crash.

*Edit* there was a bug with it, I fixed it. I doubt curl /splay replication modes are what you were looking for though.

Also here is your controller setting: https://i.imgur.com/rC9NMTD.png
                  Last edited by mordentral; 04-13-2020, 02:30 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

1. sure, whatever you are using to offset the hands, you need to take that relative position into account as well relative to whatever the controller is using as the grip pivot.

2. Then change the hand mode to with controller in the open input options

3. I'll look into it, though I am unsure how you plan on testing that with a dedicated server in editor, it still shouldn't crash.
                    1. Ok so I’m going to use that as the base relative transform.

2. I don’t want it to wrap around the index controller I want to make a custom remote control in game and have the hands wrap around it if you are holding that certain remote.

3. I just pressed run with dedicated server. If I turn the dedicated server off it doesn’t crash. If I keep the dedicated server on with steam vr compressed transforms it doesn’t crash.

Comment

1. Ok so I’m going to use that as the base relative transform.

2. I don’t want it to wrap around the index controller I want to make a custom remote control in game and have the hands wrap around it if you are holding that certain remote.

3. I just pressed run with dedicated server. If I turn the dedicated server off it doesn’t crash. If I keep the dedicated server on with steam vr compressed transforms it doesn’t crash.
                      2. Then you need to use actual hand poses, the steamVR full transforms only have the two transform sets in each controller driver (controller and fist). You can read the curl values from them though and blend between a closed and open animation on your custom remote control per finger.

3. I already fixed and uploaded it, it was only in the curl states though.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hi mordentral !

I have a very very weird bug I don't understand.
                        I am making a game using replication to display what the player with oculus quest is seeing on a computer (with a spectator pawn attach, both on the same wifi)

At some point on my map (1/4 of the map) if the player with the quest is inside this area, the tracking seems not to work. If If move the head (in location, not in rotation) the wolrd move with it. Like in a 3DoF headset. If I'm teleporting outside this area, everything works well.

There is nothing special I can think about in this area that limit it.
                        I don't understand what could possibly make this happen and this is annoying because It make part of the game really uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Max_mne View Post
                          Hi mordentral !

I have a very very weird bug I don't understand.
                          I am making a game using replication to display what the player with oculus quest is seeing on a computer (with a spectator pawn attach, both on the same wifi)

At some point on my map (1/4 of the map) if the player with the quest is inside this area, the tracking seems not to work. If If move the head (in location, not in rotation) the wolrd move with it. Like in a 3DoF headset. If I'm teleporting outside this area, everything works well.

There is nothing special I can think about in this area that limit it.
                          I don't understand what could possibly make this happen and this is annoying because It make part of the game really uncomfortable.
                          Do you have a collision volume that is blocking the character in that area? Also you aren't using the simple character in navigation walking mode are you? That could happen with that as well if the navigation bounds are non existant.

Otherwise, no, there isn't anything that would cause that.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

There is no collision volume AFAIK I will double check if any SM has wrong collision volume
                            I am using the simple character but only with teleportation. Maybe there is a variable somewhere I should diseable ?
                            There is navmeshbounds volume But it is Wider than the play area because it is in persistent and I stream multiple level. Maybe I should make one navmesh by sublevel ?

Comment

Originally posted by Max_mne View Post
                              There is no collision volume AFAIK I will double check if any SM has wrong collision volume
                              I am using the simple character but only with teleportation. Maybe there is a variable somewhere I should diseable ?
                              There is navmeshbounds volume But it is Wider than the play area because it is in persistent and I stream multiple level. Maybe I should make one navmesh by sublevel ?
                              The character doesn't normally use navmesh for movement, only if you change the movement mode. But the last time someone had this issue they had placed some random spheres in their level invisible with huge hit boxes.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Hello, quick question: Is there any way to make a physics object not grabbable?
                                Physics Collision Sound

Comment

Working...
                                X