Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Eanir View Post

    I use locomotion. Just checked it, the event actually fires, i can see them in the world outliner, they exist both on the dedicated server and the client. They are moving around, their behaviour tree is running fine. But they are not visible, when using this pawn, and only when running dedicated server. What difference does it make? And only for spawners, that are further away from the player start location. :/
    Sounds like a logic issue on your end, there isn't anything about the VRCharacter that would change other actors replication.


    Consider supporting me on patreon

    My Open source tools and plugins
    Advanced Sessions Plugin
    VR Expansion Plugin

    Comment


      Is it possible to combing the GS_Melee and GS_LerpToHand?

      Are you going to support throwing daggers and axes and having them hit a target and penetrating?

      I think after that only other melee style weapons are Bows and Crossbows. I guess there the slingshot style weapon as well.

      Just don't know how far your going to go with Melee?

      Comment


        Originally posted by Sooth View Post
        Is it possible to combing the GS_Melee and GS_LerpToHand?

        Are you going to support throwing daggers and axes and having them hit a target and penetrating?

        I think after that only other melee style weapons are Bows and Crossbows. I guess there the slingshot style weapon as well.

        Just don't know how far your going to go with Melee?
        #1: Yes

        #2: they already can but I wouldn't suggest it, its just not scripted to make it easier. Most games that do this fake the penetration (set distance embedded) and enforce point forward during the throw, its not really something I need to handle in the grip script. It actually works out better having the logic manual as it feels smoother.

        #3: No real need for my input to create those, they aren't melee related and are significantly easier from the physics side of things, i'm not trying to make a full weapons system, i'm providing tools for parts of one that people would have issues with doing themselves, I generally steer away from creating entire gameplay systems so as to keep the tooling as flexible as possible and not encourage cloning. A big reason that the stabbing logic is in BP currently is to allow people to customize it to their liking, only having the script handle collision events and hand switching / physics settings keeps it flexible.
        Last edited by mordentral; 03-10-2020, 11:07 PM.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Good to understand where your going to stop and where we need to continue to fill in.

          Comment


            I am new to the Unreal Engine so this might be a newbish question, but it seems that rectangular lights are not working for me in this template. The other lights all illuminate and cast shadows fine, but rectangular light doesn't. It works fine for me in other projects. Is this just something on my end?

            Comment


              Hi,
              I have an issue with a VRCharacter BP. I had its VRRootReference rescaled to test different body mesh sizes. Maybe rescaling the VRCharacter's capsule is a bad idea ; it seems to work, but with odd behaviors in some more GPU-demanding areas of my test map.
              More precisely, the issue I have is that my controllers, and child component, exhibit some sporadic "flickering", whereby those components seem to, sometimes, quickly transition between two different scales (VRRootReference's scale and its square scale). I observe this seemingly erratic behavior in demanding areas (e.g. in my test map I have a room with 2 planar reflections, and at some locations, I have this flickering)
              Here is an example with a UI Widget attached to the left controller. What we can see is, at times (but always at the same places) some "flickering" of the UI Text (and, even if it can't be seen, the controllers themselves). --> https://youtu.be/2d1J-PjMWVU
              I must say that this problem is repeatable (at least in my test map) with any VRCharacter whose VRRootReference scale is different than (1,1,1). If I reduce the complexity of the scene (e.g. if I remove one of the two planar reflections), then this flickering does not occur. (Also note this test map, even in those more GPU demanding areas, generate frames ~ in the 11.0-11.2 ms envelope.)
              One obvious workaround is NOT to rescale VRRootReference. I suppose that it's not good practice to change this scale anyway.
              But beyond that, I was wondering if the cause of this issue was not deeper. I would be grateful Mordentral if you have some feedback on that issue. Is it a known consequence of tampering with the capsule scale, or do you think my issue goes beyond that, with a cause of other nature? I hope it's sufficiently clear, thanks for your comments.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Lawree22 View Post
                Hi,
                I have an issue with a VRCharacter BP. I had its VRRootReference rescaled to test different body mesh sizes. Maybe rescaling the VRCharacter's capsule is a bad idea ; it seems to work, but with odd behaviors in some more GPU-demanding areas of my test map.
                More precisely, the issue I have is that my controllers, and child component, exhibit some sporadic "flickering", whereby those components seem to, sometimes, quickly transition between two different scales (VRRootReference's scale and its square scale). I observe this seemingly erratic behavior in demanding areas (e.g. in my test map I have a room with 2 planar reflections, and at some locations, I have this flickering)
                Here is an example with a UI Widget attached to the left controller. What we can see is, at times (but always at the same places) some "flickering" of the UI Text (and, even if it can't be seen, the controllers themselves). --> https://youtu.be/2d1J-PjMWVU
                I must say that this problem is repeatable (at least in my test map) with any VRCharacter whose VRRootReference scale is different than (1,1,1). If I reduce the complexity of the scene (e.g. if I remove one of the two planar reflections), then this flickering does not occur. (Also note this test map, even in those more GPU demanding areas, generate frames ~ in the 11.0-11.2 ms envelope.)
                One obvious workaround is NOT to rescale VRRootReference. I suppose that it's not good practice to change this scale anyway.
                But beyond that, I was wondering if the cause of this issue was not deeper. I would be grateful Mordentral if you have some feedback on that issue. Is it a known consequence of tampering with the capsule scale, or do you think my issue goes beyond that, with a cause of other nature? I hope it's sufficiently clear, thanks for your comments.
                It doesn't have anything to do with the capsule itself, that is the controller reprojection for frame loss bugging out with the different scales, it is reprojecting incorrectly. If you turn off motion smoothing its likely that it will be corrected.

                I'll note that world scale changes and (in some engine versions) root component scaling have historically been problems areas with the low latency updates on the controllers as well.


                Consider supporting me on patreon

                My Open source tools and plugins
                Advanced Sessions Plugin
                VR Expansion Plugin

                Comment


                  Thanks for the explanation about incorrect reprojection, I'll just mention that regarding my previous post, motion smoothing was off (BTW turning it on did not improve this behavior). I'll keep this issue aside for the time being, since I'm not knowledgeable enough with retroprojection so far. But I see that it's not caused by VRE and that indeed, my problem is larger than that. So thanks for the direction.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lawree22 View Post
                    Thanks for the explanation about incorrect reprojection, I'll just mention that regarding my previous post, motion smoothing was off (BTW turning it on did not improve this behavior). I'll keep this issue aside for the time being, since I'm not knowledgeable enough with retroprojection so far. But I see that it's not caused by VRE and that indeed, my problem is larger than that. So thanks for the direction.
                    Yeah it shouldn't have anything to do with VRE, though you can test outside of it to be sure.


                    Consider supporting me on patreon

                    My Open source tools and plugins
                    Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                      Well that is what this plugin solves?
                      Right, which is why I feel I must be missing something painfully obvious. I've been trying to move the character using various functions, but using "show Collision" shows that I'm still able to simply walk away from the capsule, which of course presents a lot of problems. Is there some obvious movement method or setting that I'm missing here?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by BuggySpaghetti View Post

                        Right, which is why I feel I must be missing something painfully obvious. I've been trying to move the character using various functions, but using "show Collision" shows that I'm still able to simply walk away from the capsule, which of course presents a lot of problems. Is there some obvious movement method or setting that I'm missing here?
                        Are you using the VRcharacter? VRBaseCharacter is a common set of functions for the two actual characters, not a usable vr character in itself.


                        Consider supporting me on patreon

                        My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

                        Comment


                          I looked over the example plugin and created a shorten grip code. But for some reason I cannot get secondary grip to grip in the right spot and I can’t move across the spline once copied into my project. Do I have the grip script wrong or did I mess something up with the code?

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                            Are you using the VRcharacter? VRBaseCharacter is a common set of functions for the two actual characters, not a usable vr character in itself.
                            You're completely right, I was using VRBaseCharacter! I was right in that it was painfully obvious Thanks!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Lex713 View Post
                              I looked over the example plugin and created a shorten grip code. But for some reason I cannot get secondary grip to grip in the right spot and I can’t move across the spline once copied into my project. Do I have the grip script wrong or did I mess something up with the code?
                              I assume for melee? Since you mention spline?

                              I have some extra components to help people align hands in the base class for that, and it has an override for the GetClosestGripSocketInRange function that changes its default behavior to use the the spline as a snap center instead of the normal socket search.


                              Consider supporting me on patreon

                              My Open source tools and plugins
                              Advanced Sessions Plugin
                              VR Expansion Plugin

                              Comment



                                Originally posted by RazkingZ View Post
                                Hi,
                                I recently updated to 4.24 Oculus Source Build and i'm having an issue where only one part of the VR pawn will replicate such as the hands and head, until i take the headset off then it will start replicating all as normal. would you know a fix for this or what would cause this?
                                Cheers,

                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                                Replicate? Or track in general?

                                Replication shouldn't have anything to do with their branch, so it would be more likely that they have a bug where devices are listed as inactive until the wearing flag is toggled on again.
                                Having an issue with this again, tracking is fine user side but gradually from another clients end head and hands will stop replicating and will stick. This is only happens on one of my levels its very weird. Is there a way to have head and hands always replicate whether or not the headset is on?

                                Thanks,

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X