Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VR Expansion Plugin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	1726319
    I am trying to cook my project, but i'm getting lots of errors. Any idea why doesn't it find the plugin? I am using the pre-built binaries.
    Thanks

    Comment


      Originally posted by Eanir View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	265.9 KB
ID:	1726319
      I am trying to cook my project, but i'm getting lots of errors. Any idea why doesn't it find the plugin? I am using the pre-built binaries.
      Thanks
      mmm, it should be finding it, are you trying to nativize blueprints with a prebuilt?


      Consider supporting me on patreon

      My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

      Comment


        prebuilts recompiled and uploaded for 4.24.3, also did a quick video going over more additions to the melee script that the community asked for


        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5JVvRqqm0g

        something not featured in it is the addition of physical material surface types as a penetration qualifier if the end user wants it.


        Consider supporting me on patreon

        My Open source tools and plugins
        Advanced Sessions Plugin
        VR Expansion Plugin

        Comment


          Does this have flying in it already setup ? If not why ? lol flying in VR is the greatest mode - how hard is it to setup ? and to add some momentuem so you can drift

          Comment


            Originally posted by Arcane View Post
            Does this have flying in it already setup ? If not why ? lol flying in VR is the greatest mode - how hard is it to setup ? and to add some momentuem so you can drift
            Never tried but I really don't see why it would not be as easy to set up as in a standard non-VR character. Unless I'm mistaken it just requires 3 "off-the-shelf" things:
            1. zero-weight for the VR Character capsule and mesh (if applicable),
            2. setting up VR character movement component accordingly (e.g. flying as default movement or setting up logics to switch from flying mode to walking mode and vice-versa + properly setting braking deceleration flying),
            3. and think of proper Motion Controller inputs (=with what ergonomy would you like to fly. Personally, since I am accustomed to fly drones with 2 sticks (one for horizontal plane movement and the other for elevation, but there also can be other combinations commanding yaw/pitch/roll/thrust), I would use that combo as Axis inputs, but it's up to you.
            After that, you'll certainly want to adapt your animation BP to have more appropriate flying animation, but this and most of the other points are not VRE-related. VRE (brilliantly) manages the raw VR stuff like collisions, I would think that it's all that matters. If not, I guess I'll learn something new ;-)

            Comment


              Originally posted by Arcane View Post
              Does this have flying in it already setup ? If not why ? lol flying in VR is the greatest mode - how hard is it to setup ? and to add some momentuem so you can drift
              Not entirely sure why you would state it after the initial question like that, no flying is not assumed or necessarily the greatest vr movement mode (climbing exists).

              That being said, yes, it has both the normal character flight mode, and a low gravity (zero gravity) custom movement mode that you can switch too.

              Originally posted by Lawree22 View Post

              Never tried but I really don't see why it would not be as easy to set up as in a standard non-VR character. Unless I'm mistaken it just requires 3 "off-the-shelf" things:
              1. zero-weight for the VR Character capsule and mesh (if applicable),
              2. setting up VR character movement component accordingly (e.g. flying as default movement or setting up logics to switch from flying mode to walking mode and vice-versa + properly setting braking deceleration flying),
              3. and think of proper Motion Controller inputs (=with what ergonomy would you like to fly. Personally, since I am accustomed to fly drones with 2 sticks (one for horizontal plane movement and the other for elevation, but there also can be other combinations commanding yaw/pitch/roll/thrust), I would use that combo as Axis inputs, but it's up to you.
              After that, you'll certainly want to adapt your animation BP to have more appropriate flying animation, but this and most of the other points are not VRE-related. VRE (brilliantly) manages the raw VR stuff like collisions, I would think that it's all that matters. If not, I guess I'll learn something new ;-)
              Mass/weight doesn't effect flight mode, character movement is logical not physical, other then that, yeah, MovementMode_Flying or MovementMode_LowGrav would do the trick.
              Last edited by mordentral; 03-03-2020, 09:22 AM.


              Consider supporting me on patreon

              My Open source tools and plugins
              Advanced Sessions Plugin
              VR Expansion Plugin

              Comment


                I love your plugin, It really is worth the megagrant!

                Two questions though:
                Is there a way to have the hands show like in steamvr?
                And is there a way to create fingerposes for each object as in steamvr?
                My first Asset: Physics Collision Sound

                Comment


                  Originally posted by kwijibojaner View Post
                  I love your plugin, It really is worth the megagrant!

                  Two questions though:
                  Is there a way to have the hands show like in steamvr?
                  And is there a way to create fingerposes for each object as in steamvr?
                  The exact same setup would work, you can straight port their mockup if you want (although its not a complete system that they have in there).
                  They are just using blends between premade poses, I have the robot hands hidden by default in the template but you can show them, or use the steamvr gloves for testing until you get a better pair of hands.

                  You also have the option of checking out hand poser on the marketplace, for a full hand posing system, hand posing in general will slot in with just about any template, its mechanics agnostic for the most part.


                  Consider supporting me on patreon

                  My Open source tools and plugins
                  Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

                  Comment



                    Good night, is there a way to be able to connect 2 quests through a multiplayer using WAN connection? Or if there is any integration of Vreu with the OSS of oculus. can you help me?

                    Comment


                      Potentially newbie question here: Roomscale+joystick locomotion allows the player to simply walk away from their collision capsule, allowing them to clip through whatever they want. What's the best method for updating the CapsuleComponent with the HMD position and keeping the player's head from smashing through walls?

                      Comment


                        I'm experiencing a strange behaviour with VRCharacter. I have a class, that spawns enemy AIs on overlap event. If i get away from player start by a certain distance, the AIs don't spawn, when running dedicated server. In offline mode it's all fine, so i guess it's replication related. When using my own VR pawn class or any other pawn class, like the ThirdPersonCharacter, they spawn normally. Starting from the left, the first three spawners work, not the 4th. Same, if start on the other end. It's like after a certain distance, the actors just don't activate, when using VR pawns. I know it's a weird issue, any idea what can cause it?Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	1730446
                        Attached Files

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Eanir View Post
                          I'm experiencing a strange behaviour with VRCharacter. I have a class, that spawns enemy AIs on overlap event. If i get away from player start by a certain distance, the AIs don't spawn, when running dedicated server. In offline mode it's all fine, so i guess it's replication related. When using my own VR pawn class or any other pawn class, like the ThirdPersonCharacter, they spawn normally. Starting from the left, the first three spawners work, not the 4th. Same, if start on the other end. It's like after a certain distance, the actors just don't activate, when using VR pawns. I know it's a weird issue, any idea what can cause it?
                          Are you walking over to them or locomoting? The only real difference in this character is the offset root. Also is the event not firing at all or is the it just not spawning? Because it could be distance logic based from roomscale walking.



                          Consider supporting me on patreon

                          My Open source tools and plugins
                          Advanced Sessions Plugin
                          VR Expansion Plugin

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by OCharloso View Post
                            Good night, is there a way to be able to connect 2 quests through a multiplayer using WAN connection? Or if there is any integration of Vreu with the OSS of oculus. can you help me?
                            You can direct IP connect, as far as their subsystem you can just use it, nothing conflicts.
                            Originally posted by BuggySpaghetti View Post
                            Potentially newbie question here: Roomscale+joystick locomotion allows the player to simply walk away from their collision capsule, allowing them to clip through whatever they want. What's the best method for updating the CapsuleComponent with the HMD position and keeping the player's head from smashing through walls?
                            Well that is what this plugin solves?


                            Consider supporting me on patreon

                            My Open source tools and plugins
                            Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

                            Comment


                              Happy Tuesday all!

                              I'd like to try and decrease the sensitivity of the teleport feature. Where should I be looking? Is this something on the unreal side of things or within a blueprint from the plugin. If feels like as soon as I place my thumb on the joystick, I'm activating a teleport and I'd like to make it so that I have to press it in a direction first.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by mordentral View Post

                                Are you walking over to them or locomoting? The only real difference in this character is the offset root. Also is the event not firing at all or is the it just not spawning? Because it could be distance logic based from roomscale walking.
                                I use locomotion. Just checked it, the event actually fires, i can see them in the world outliner, they exist both on the dedicated server and the client. They are moving around, their behaviour tree is running fine. But they are not visible, when using this pawn, and only when running dedicated server. What difference does it make? And only for spawners, that are further away from the player start location. :/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X